News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: N.C. A&T Cracks the FCS Top 10 at #6  (Read 1917 times)

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: N.C. A&T Cracks the FCS Top 10 at #6
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2017, 03:45:40 PM »

heck, i luv my alma mater with all my heart.  but i'm kinda like decks, i keep it real.  we "are not" the 6th best fcs football team in america.  but polls are just that, "polls".  nothing scientific about polls.  they are primarily based on a team's record.  if we lose just 1 game, we'll drop like a rock in water.

but hey, i'm gonna enjoy this ranking while it lasts.  it helps our "national brand" a great deal, it increases that good ole "aggie pride", and it increases our athletic "donations and sponsorships".  but most of all, it improves our ability to "recruit".  it would also improve our chances of earning an "at large playoff bid" in the event we slip up in our final 3 ball games.

so there's a lot of benefits to being highly ranked, especially this late in the season.  but as far as defining who the absolute best teams are, polls are never a great measurement...

Offline Grambling '93

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2017, 04:07:24 PM »
A FCS fan on twitter is losing his mind about A&T being ranked #6.  Clear folks are funny.

:lmao:
"LEAD, FOLLOW OR GET THE HELL OUT THE WAY"
http://www.gram.edu/
http://www.gsutigers.com/

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2017, 04:49:12 PM »
If the whole world didn't know that A&T wasn't the sixth best team in the country, they do now. The Aggies are telling everyone who can read this thread that they don't belong with the big boys. Wasn't it Broadway who told little DII WSSU to wear our Big Boy pants. The NCAA is letting ya'll try on those pants, but you don't want to wear them.

Some schools aren't meant for the big time.  :lol: 

Offline NEIGHBORHOODSUPERSTAR

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2017, 06:23:07 PM »

heck, i luv my alma mater with all my heart.  but i'm kinda like decks, i keep it real.  we "are not" the 6th best fcs football team in america.  but polls are just that, "polls".  nothing scientific about polls.  they are primarily based on a team's record.  if we lose just 1 game, we'll drop like a rock in water.

but hey, i'm gonna enjoy this ranking while it lasts.  it helps our "national brand" a great deal, it increases that good ole "aggie pride", and it increases our athletic "donations and sponsorships".  but most of all, it improves our ability to "recruit".  it would also improve our chances of earning an "at large playoff bid" in the event we slip up in our final 3 ball games.

so there's a lot of benefits to being highly ranked, especially this late in the season.  but as far as defining who the absolute best teams are, polls are never a great measurement...

The #6 team in the FCS poll doesn't have to beat #1, #2,#3 ,#4 ,#5 ,#7 ,#8 ,#9 and #10 teams in America to be FCS champions.  They only have to beat the one team they're scheduled to go against in round one, round two and so on.

I think Broadway's last few years have shown that when he has time to prepare against OOC competition (AND WE ARE WITHOUT INJURIES IN KEY POSITIONS), we win.  From year 3 onwards, Broadway either loses close or wins vs FCS OOC competition. 

The Richmond game in the playoffs last year was an aberration; but again, we were down to our 3rd string QB.  We don't lose 39-10 with Raynard or Carter last year.  Is the #6 ranking lofty - maybe so....but you best believe an OOC coach on the opposite side of the field ain't chuckling when he sees A&T up next on the schedule.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2017, 08:17:07 AM »
Clearly one of the best teams in the country and the best hbcu team to date and we'll deserve.

>:D   Wassup with Hampton ?

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships
Bowl Appearances:16 record 13-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Offline AggieManiac704

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2017, 09:07:43 AM »
Clearly one of the best teams in the country and the best hbcu team to date and we'll deserve.

>:D   Wassup with Hampton ?

Would probably be receiving votes by now had they not blown that Monmouth game at home.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule