News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: What Am I Supposed To Take From This TC Band Video  (Read 841 times)

Offline TheBlackPanther

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
What Am I Supposed To Take From This TC Band Video
« on: September 28, 2017, 06:10:17 AM »
What's going on here???

This was posted on the official Talladega College Band's Facebook page a few hours ago. I downloaded it to YouTube just incase it gets removed from Facebook. The whole video is strange but the good part starts at 2:21.

Offline Platinum_Sound

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: What Am I Supposed To Take From This TC Band Video
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 09:13:33 AM »
It's a response to the Southern videos they have been doing for Crank Fest this weekend. Southern's video had me  :lmao:
Shaw University - 61 CIAA Championships

2012 NCAA Women's Division II Basketball NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.

Shaw University Platinum Sound Marching Band 2008 Honda Battle of the Bands Participant.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • BEWARE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 09:19:00 AM »
 :shrug:  Just a few questions:

1) WHY does he sound like a slave...or like he has a mouth full of grits?

2) WHY are you calling out bands that you love to IMITATE?

3) WHAT or WHO's halftimes are you performing at since you have no football team?

4) Could y'all not find anyone to EDIT this video to a shorter version?

....just off the top of my head. No shade [okay, maybe a little...or ALL shade], IJS.  :blush:

It's a response to the Southern videos they have been doing for Crank Fest this weekend. Southern's video had me  :lmao:

Can you please post the Jukebox's video? Thanks  ;D

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • BEWARE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 09:27:48 AM »
 ;D Ok Ok Ok  :blush: Yes, that was total SHADE from JT. 100%

Yes, I know, MY BAND sucks monkey a$$.

Your band is bigger....AND???  :shrug:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 10:09:24 AM by Jay_Thomas »

Offline TheBlackPanther

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 09:09:35 AM »
:shrug:  Just a few questions:

1) WHY does he sound like a slave...or like he has a mouth full of grits?

2) WHY are you calling out bands that you love to IMITATE?

3) WHAT or WHO's halftimes are you performing at since you have no football team?

4) Could y'all not find anyone to EDIT this video to a shorter version?

....just off the top of my head. No shade [okay, maybe a little...or ALL shade], IJS.  :blush:

Can you please post the Jukebox's video? Thanks  ;D

Yeah this whole video was an invitation for shade, IMO. They were getting lit up in those comments too. I couldn't find one single positive comment. Huge FAIL.

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 08:39:54 AM »
Honestly, this is why you wonder kids in the band get murdered over foolishness like this. A grown man that can hardly speak and representing young people talking ghetto and from streets at a school of higher learning. Stuff like that is disgusting to me. It's sad. What are we showing our students. I like competition and all, but when it goes straight left and something happens, I don't wish to hear anyone say well we didn't know that was going to happen. I am just waiting for one of these days something is going to seriously pop off with these bands.

that's all...    :no:

Offline TheBlackPanther

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 05:10:47 AM »
Honestly, this is why you wonder kids in the band get murdered over foolishness like this. A grown man that can hardly speak and representing young people talking ghetto and from streets at a school of higher learning. Stuff like that is disgusting to me. It's sad. What are we showing our students. I like competition and all, but when it goes straight left and something happens, I don't wish to hear anyone say well we didn't know that was going to happen. I am just waiting for one of these days something is going to seriously pop off with these bands.

that's all...    :no:

Hopefully nothing too terrible ever happens but I don't know. This video was a terrible idea and had it taken place just about anywhere else, I feel like the BD would have probably been reprimanded at the very least.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • BEWARE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 05:05:08 PM »
I always say, it ain't what you do, its how you do it. Truthfully, it is what you do and how you do it.

This video, which is waaaay too long for what it is could have been done so much better, slicker, but....leave it to the....well, nevermind  :blush:

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News