News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Shaw vs NCCU  (Read 1410 times)

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Shaw vs NCCU
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 09:45:58 AM »
This was the worst game I have witnessed, ever. The score could have been by a greater margin but Im worried about Shaw chop blocking and the permanent injury to a player.  Shaw knew they would not win this one and decided to start fighting on every other play.   NCCU players fostered that silliness by pushing back instead of raising hands and walk away from those chumps.  Refs were determined to help them score.  Even with help  NOT!

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2017, 11:59:59 AM »
Looks like some bad blood is brewing

Offline Platinum_Sound

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2017, 12:23:51 PM »

IDK about that. Nothing but hand shakes and hugs after the game between players AND coaches. Was on the field afterwards and a lot of the players no each other. Game was intense. After the game not so much.
Shaw University - 61 CIAA Championships

2012 NCAA Women's Division II Basketball NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.

Shaw University Platinum Sound Marching Band 2008 Honda Battle of the Bands Participant.

Offline NCCU05

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2017, 06:08:52 PM »
I say keep them on the schedule!!! 9k + in attendance. that's more than an NCCU - WSSU game.

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2017, 06:44:27 PM »
I say keep them on the schedule!!! 9k + in attendance. that's more than an NCCU - WSSU game.

Amen to that!  Their student section was hyped the entire game. Keep Shaw U on the schedule. 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline The Sloping Hills and Verdent Green

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2017, 01:22:33 PM »

IDK about that. Nothing but hand shakes and hugs after the game between players AND coaches. Was on the field afterwards and a lot of the players no know each other. Game was intense. After the game not so much.

Corrected that for you.

LOOK OUT MEAC WE ARE BACK AND READY

Offline Platinum_Sound

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2017, 01:44:10 PM »

IDK about that. Nothing but hand shakes and hugs after the game between players AND coaches. Was on the field afterwards and a lot of the players no know each other. Game was intense. After the game not so much.

Corrected that for you.

Thanks....don't KNOW how I missed that.
Shaw University - 61 CIAA Championships

2012 NCAA Women's Division II Basketball NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.

Shaw University Platinum Sound Marching Band 2008 Honda Battle of the Bands Participant.

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2017, 01:45:10 PM »
i was there as well.  I haven't overlooked our fouls, but when you're chop blocking, shyt goes south real fast.  If you don't understand that, there's nothing more to add.

NCCU didn't have ANY chop blocking penalties.

Get ready for more when you play Gardner Webb. We lost our best defensive lineman in that game due to a chop block.

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2017, 08:23:11 PM »
I wouldn't go that far in saying not playing Shaw.  If Carter or Jones wanted it, i'm sure NCCU will be open to their wishes.  Same with St Aug and Pup.   NCCU has to be bigger.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News