News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Shaw vs NCCU  (Read 1414 times)

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
Shaw vs NCCU
« on: September 09, 2017, 11:31:22 PM »
this game was insane. There was literally flags thrown every other play.   :shrug:

Shaw was called for at least 4 chop blocks.  >:( ... and quite a few personal & unsportsmanlike fouls. WTF was their problem?   

I wouldn't play them again for 10 years. 

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Shaw vs NCCU
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 11:51:04 PM »
I must say that Shaw's behavior was an embarrassment to their school.  Their coaches ought to be ashamed of themselves.  Did they really think that they had a chance?  :shrug:  I am also unhappy with our lack of discipline as well.  I know football is a game of emotions, but this was ridiculous. 

Shaw brought a lot of fans which was a good thing.  Not sure if I would schedule them again anytime soon.  IDK, if money was made, IDK.   
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Platinum_Sound

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 12:28:45 AM »
Yeah because NCCU wasn't called for 16 penalties....Most of them personal foul. Pot calling the kettle black. Get off your high horse.
Shaw University - 61 CIAA Championships

2012 NCAA Women's Division II Basketball NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.

Shaw University Platinum Sound Marching Band 2008 Honda Battle of the Bands Participant.

Offline BIG GRAY

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 12:50:35 AM »
Attendance was 9,141 - almost a FULL house for our opener.

Go Eagle Nation... :clap:
NCCU 2014, 2015 & 2016 Football MEAC CHAMPS

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 02:44:00 AM »
Yeah because NCCU wasn't called for 16 penalties....Most of them personal foul. Pot calling the kettle black. Get off your high horse.

You didn't read my post?  Shaw was a bit overly aggressive first I think.  Those chop blocks by more than one person at a time was suspect.    Were you at the game? 

Offline Bro. Askia Musa Afiba

• Assistant GM
  • "Sound Machine" Band Booster & NCCU Eagle Club
    • View Profile
    • NCCU Eagles Fan Forum
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 07:45:19 AM »

NCCU Football Blanks Shaw 41-0 in Home-Opener
Game Recap: Football | 9/9/2017 11:29:00 PM
http://nccueaglepride.com/news/2017/9/9/nccu-football-blanks-shaw-41-0-in-home-opener.aspx

N.C. Central may have found a pair of future stars in blowout win
Read more here: http://www.heraldsun.com/sports/college/nccu/article172353692.html#storylink=cpy

« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 07:54:59 AM by Bro. Askia Musa Afiba »

Offline Platinum_Sound

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 08:23:07 AM »

You didn't read my post?  Shaw was a bit overly aggressive first I think.  Those chop blocks by more than one person at a time was suspect.    Were you at the game?

I read your post and I just read it again and that's not what you said.

Most of Shaw's penalties were retaliation from NCCU players being extra. Not saying it's right but that was the case.Our players have to learn to walk away from those situations.  Two of the chop blocks were questionable (along a few other calls both ways...can't believe that was a MEAC crew)

And yes....I was there. Nice bumping into Bro. AMA.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 08:38:10 AM by Platinum_Sound »

Shaw University Platinum Sound Marching Band 2008 Honda Battle of the Bands Participant.

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 12:14:07 PM »
It may have been personal.  Most of the Shaw coaching staff has NCCU ties. :shrug:

Offline Platinum_Sound

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 12:35:15 PM »
Shaw went from TWO penalties week 1 (Holding and KOB) to 19 last night. With NCCU's 16....Let's just say BOTH teams were undisciplined and move on. Making assumptions isn't necessary.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2017, 01:23:37 PM »

Most of Shaw's penalties were retaliation from NCCU players being extra. Not saying it's right but that was the case.Our players have to learn to walk away from those situations.  Two of the chop blocks were questionable (along a few other calls both ways...can't believe that was a MEAC crew)

and how would you know your team's penalties were reaction to ours?  Go sit down somewhere.
y'all could keep walking for 10 yrs if I were AD.

Offline Platinum_Sound

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2017, 03:21:33 PM »

and how would you know your team's penalties were reaction to ours?  Go sit down somewhere.
y'all could keep walking for 10 yrs if I were AD.

Umm because I was there!!! But whatever keep overlooking the fact you had just‚Äčas many personal foul. Don't care if we play y'all again this century either. Good luck the rest of the way.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2017, 03:29:22 PM »
i was there as well.  I haven't overlooked our fouls, but when you're chop blocking, shyt goes south real fast.  If you don't understand that, there's nothing more to add.

NCCU didn't have ANY chop blocking penalties.

Offline Platinum_Sound

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2017, 03:31:50 PM »
Good luck the rest of the season.

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2017, 04:10:50 PM »
I called out NCCU's behavior because it was really not called from.  Our behavior killed a lot of drives that could have resulted into more points.  NCCU should have walked away from a lot of stuff, but tell that to 18-22 year olds.  Coach has to put that in check and really be embarrass about those 16 penalties. 

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2017, 04:42:20 PM »
Over 9,000, yeah, keep playing them. 

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News