News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Irma up close and personal......  (Read 953 times)

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
Re: Irma up close and personal......
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2017, 05:20:08 PM »
A friend of mine (retired Continental Airlines captain) family lives in Punta Gorda, and they sustained $60k worth of damage to their home some years ago.

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
  • ^Olds**ts, DUMBASSwh?y & mrwh?yers**ts Prez & Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2017, 06:15:06 PM »
FAMU, FSU, and TCC have ALL cancelled classes through Friday.

Leon County Schools (and ALL the schools in the upper Hurricane Warning Counties) are closed until at LEAST Wednesday. The same is true for schools in south and southwestern Ga.

The Powerplant in Alabama is on standby for emergency shutdown and ALL leave at every Regional Hospital in the Tristate Area (NW FL, SE AL, So. GA) has been cancelled in preparation of mass casualty events.

People watching TV think rick scott is in front of this thing and showing great leadership, but in fact he is about 7 years LATE TO THE PARTY.

Remember; he dissolved The Florida Department of Community Affairs which was RESPONSIBLE for Emergency Preparedness and Emergency Response.

His state wide whistle stop trip was nothing more than a tax-payer subsidized campaign tour for his impending run to un-seat Florida Democratic Senator Bill Nelson.

It is LITERALLY A PUBLICITY TOUR.  >:( >:( >:(

He has spent LESS time in the State Emergency Operation Center during Statewide Emergencies than ANY GOVERNOR since it was built.

The GOVERNOR BTW, IS THE INCIDENT COMMANDER AND LEAD EMERGENCY MANAGER DURING A STATE OF EMERGENCY.

His PLACE IS IN EITHER THE STATE EOC, OR the ALTERNATE EOC.

PERIOD.

His first hurricane he spent state money AND resources checking his Mansion in Naples.

His 2nd and 3rd he spent checking his businesses in South Florida.

The 4th he was effectively a NO SHOW.

People THINK he is doing a good job... but it's REALLY OPTICS.

The State Emergency Response Team and the State Emergency Managers ARE REALLY RUNNING THIS SHOW. 

T R U S T   M E   O N   T H A T  !  !  !   >:( >:( >:(

And THANK GOD FOR THAT FACT!!!  ::)

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2017, 12:36:20 PM »
Cholly, you and others need to make sure those words get out during and after the long cleanup.  Alternative media sites will have to get to work because I do not think that much of the corporate/media outlets will say much.

Offline Pmist

• Assistant GM
  • Class of 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2017, 03:29:40 PM »
Well I live in Decatur, Georgia and the wind gust and rain right now is insane. The power has been flashing on and off all day and now as I am typing this just fully went out. I hope the power comes back soon.

Other than that no one is hurt so it is all good. Praise God. I will be glad when Irma leaves. 

FVSU BMMB

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule