News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: New Ghanaian Reality Show Seeks To Empower African Models  (Read 783 times)

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: New Ghanaian Reality Show Seeks To Empower African Models
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2017, 08:45:53 PM »
It takes more than a good looking face to keep a man from creeping.

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2017, 09:02:29 PM »

A pretty face makes up for a lot of shortcomings though.....

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 12:49:26 AM »

:lol: Apparently you have not lived long enough and are inexperienced in the dating department. As you mature and become more seasoned, a person's face becomes very inconsequential. After  a while you don't even see a pretty/ugly face. All you see is the person you wake up beside every morning. You focus on how comfortable you feel being around them, how they take care of the home and the future of the family.
If you choose a partner based solely on their looks, you are going to end up with a string of train wreck relationships. More than a pretty face, I'm into someone who places a value on their physical fitness and health. That is number one for me. A person who exercises is going to have an ok body by default. If my partner gains weight along the way because of child birth or a health issue, that is fine with me as well. I'm smart enough to know that things change over time. Besides when you love someone, they can be 100 years old, but when you look at them, you will always see that hot 20 year old that you were attracted to years ago.

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2017, 02:53:19 AM »

:lol: Apparently you have not lived long enough and are inexperienced in the dating department. As you mature and become more seasoned, a person's face becomes very inconsequential. After  a while you don't even see a pretty/ugly face. All you see is the person you wake up beside every morning. You focus on how comfortable you feel being around them, how they take care of the home and the future of the family.
If you choose a partner based solely on their looks, you are going to end up with a string of train wreck relationships. More than a pretty face, I'm into someone who places a value on their physical fitness and health. That is number one for me. A person who exercises is going to have an ok body by default. If my partner gains weight along the way because of child birth or a health issue, that is fine with me as well. I'm smart enough to know that things change over time. Besides when you love someone, they can be 100 years old, but when you look at them, you will always see that hot 20 year old that you were attracted to years ago.

Thats assuming you get the hot 20 year old at the start, and not used goods.

I am 27, and really the age I date is roughly 18-22. These women are young, have a youthful glow, and everything is still exciting for them. I am inexperienced in that I only get involved with women I am serious about. The girl I lived with last year couldnt even remember 9/11. How wild is that? :lol: . Like, no recollection of that day at all.  The weirdest thing to me. Also they have not been jaded by life like the rest of us. All the girls I went to school with are now angry angry people. Probably rightfully so because dudes suck, but young girls dont know that yet so you arent getting all that baggage.

That last sentence is true though. Women hedge their bets on looks in youth in hopes that a guy sticks around in their old age when the looks fade.

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2017, 11:44:01 AM »

I am 27, and really the age I date is roughly 18-22. These women are young, have a youthful glow, and everything is still exciting for them. I am inexperienced in that I only get involved with women I am serious about. The girl I lived with last year couldnt even remember 9/11. How wild is that? :lol: . Like, no recollection of that day at all.  The weirdest thing to me. Also they have not been jaded by life like the rest of us. All the girls I went to school with are now angry angry people. Probably rightfully so because dudes suck, but young girls dont know that yet so you arent getting all that baggage.

That last sentence is true though. Women hedge their bets on looks in youth in hopes that a guy sticks around in their old age when the looks fade.

There is something refreshing about a person who is disconnected from politics, social issues, and global warming.  ;D But at the same time, there is something about them that frustrates the hell out of me. How can you not know who the governor is, or who Trump beat during the last presidential election? Yes I've had a few of those. You watching CNN and they come in and turn to one of the Atlanta reality shows.  :brickwall:

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2017, 09:41:42 PM »

There is something refreshing about a person who is disconnected from politics, social issues, and global warming.  ;D But at the same time, there is something about them that frustrates the hell out of me. How can you not know who the governor is, or who Trump beat during the last presidential election? Yes I've had a few of those. You watching CNN and they come in and turn to one of the Atlanta reality shows.  :brickwall:

I think because we, historically, have always used women as a way to separate ourselves from the outside world. You brave the elements of the world all day so that you could go home at the end of the day and play house. In a world you and her create, with a bubble keeping the outside world.

On the most basic of levels there is something "Sexy" about a woman who finds matters of the world beneath her. It oozes class. Thats why even now first ladies of the united states are given non worldly matters to occupy their time with.

Laura Bush had education
Michelle had those school lunches/obesity
Melania will fight against Online Bullying(the Irony of this looking at her husband is absurd).

Really the only time I can think of, at least with presidents, of a first lady handling a serious issue is hillary with Bosnia(she failed) and Crime(She failed), and Eleanor and her push for civil rights(which itself could have been seen as a trivial thing in the 30's).

To Kill a Mockingbird

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule