News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Rickey Smiley Claps Back at Backlash over ‘Joke’ About Dark Skinned Women  (Read 831 times)

Offline westcoastaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Rickey Smiley Claps Back at Backlash over ‘Joke’ About Dark Skinned Women

http://urbanbellemag.com/2017/05/rickey-smiley-faces-backlash-for-dark-skin-joke-on-radio-show/2/

:thefan:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 04:28:49 PM by westcoastaggie »

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
He should have known better. African American features are sensitive subjects you don't make jokes about.

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
This is an unfortunate issue for many dark skin Black girls and women.  He should have known better. 

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
This is an unfortunate issue for many dark skin Black girls and women.  He should have known better. 

They need to get over it.  Rickey Smiley's brother is a Black Belt. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous
    • View Profile
That was a hard read. Did he graduate grade school??He's always cussing and bringing up big tooth Steve Harvey as a mentor. He needs to admit he was wrong and move on.
"I do not follow trails of candy. I am the candy

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu

They need to get over it.  Rickey Smiley's brother is a Black Belt. 

You need to watch Indiana Jones.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
That was a hard read. Did he graduate grade school??He's always cussing and bringing up big tooth Steve Harvey as a mentor. He needs to admit he was wrong and move on.

It was.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Eye See You!
    • View Profile
He should have known better. African American features are sensitive subjects you don't make jokes about.

Ricky is a C.A.N. i.e.  Common a--z Negro    :tongue2:

...soooooo.....expect no more than what you see and hear from him.

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
1.  It was a joke.  I understand that and most people understand that.  I wasn't even offended because I know my melanin is poppin and perhaps I've become immune to it.   But the joke just wasn't funny and for him to be PAID to make people laugh, that joke was common, corny, and something a 4th grade class clown would say.   In other words, the sh@t wasn't funny regardless of your intention.

2.  My BIGGEST issue is that b@tch made response.  You claim you want to be above the negative mess, but all you did was contribute to it with what you said.  You brag about your checks, call this lady unimportant, and then start name dropping starting with Steve Harvey's DD breast lipped @zz.  Dude you are a public figure.  Be careful of what you say and understand that criticism fair or unfair comes with the territory.  Ol soft, sensitive, immature pansy.  ::)

Haven't listened to his show in the past two weeks and I don't know if I'll start back....I'll just listen to my iPod or drive in silence I guess - TJMS gets on my nerves too.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 12:02:05 PM by Valley Girl »
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous
    • View Profile
Steve Harvey's DD breast lipped @zz.

:lmao:
"I do not follow trails of candy. I am the candy

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
Rickey Smiley has made a nice living on telling the same 5 or so Church jokes for the past 15 years now. Only so many Miss Jenkins church announcements he can make before people demand more out of him.

His more is crapping on black women, and nobody wants that. Black morning radio in General now just feels garbage.

Tom Joyner has lost any bit of edge he had when he cut Jay Anthony loose. He seems to be going senile.

Rickey Smiley just isnt funny.

Streetz 94 or whatever with Young joc is so low brow it makes me feel like a prole just passing by it on the dial.

Steve Harvey is.....enough said.

The breakfast club, while very popular doesnt really speak to me. Its too New york, and not in a good "on broadway" type of way.

To Kill a Mockingbird

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule