News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Albany State University Set To Name New Head Football Coach...  (Read 3026 times)

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Albany State University Set To Name New Head Football Coach...
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2017, 11:11:08 AM »
Here are my two cents.  Albany State, Fort Valley State and Savannah State will be in division two for the foreseeable future.  I would not want to move up to the FCS if I was at Albany State anytime soon.  I do not see the any of the Black schools in Georgia moving up until Valdosta State, a school of over 11000 students, moves up to the FCS.  I have not heard a thing about Valdosta State moving up a division.

http://www.thesiac.com/news/2017/4/24/FBALL_0424171820.aspx?path=fball

Well here you have it...  

Clearly this is a forward thinking hire and the Rams administration has plans of moving beyond division 2.

Actually, we aren't moving up. If anything we will leave the SIAC for a conference like GSC that covers all of the sports we offer like Women's Soccer but that may be a few years down the line. But trust and believe ASU is never moving up to D1 because the USG/BOR and Ga Legislators will not allow it. They actually wrote a law a few years back stopping ALL state funded universities from moving up divisions.

This is how I see it.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 11:14:22 AM by EB »

Offline Ramese98

• Assistant GM
  • THE NEW ASU
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2017, 01:06:05 PM »
This  Albany State hire could result in various articles being written.
Almost like a Golden Girls scene with Sophia. Picture it--Albany, 2017. A newly hired black maiden from North Carolina, hires a golden haired athlete from the low county.
Fiction vs Reality, Progressive Reality vs Stagnant Reality sounds like the title of a newspaper headline, and probably  a great lead into an awesome byline.

In actuality it is not far from the truth. Albany State is going through a metamorphism and for some its good, some bad, some unsure and some just plain scared. Myself I see it is good. I can take a nostalgic look at things through blue/gold tinted lenses  and see things in a Camelot state or I can be honest and see things as they have been for a while. Albany State have become stagnant and complacent. Athletically Albany State should have been further along than it is now, by now with the level of talent we had in certain spots we should have been to the championship game more than once and should have at least one to show  about,.

The Merger happened get over it, those who cannot see things beyond black and white, better wake up and see things in dollars. We got a white coach, we were not the first and if he is successful we definitely will not be the last. Like I stated before with the merger, if we play our cards right this could be to our advantage. Maybe some of this back scratching will go away and we can get back to our winning tradition. In all the hoopla over the man's race; there were some good stuff missed.  His pedigree, his references, his stats as an OC. The committee got the job done in record time for an HBCU. Albany State ACTUALLY had a REAL PRESS CONFERNCE to introduce him and his family and from those present it was very nicely put together. Now, all I need for him to do is assemble his own staff, get rid of dead weight coaches, improve the student-athlete facilities, recruit, recruit, recruit, also fund raise, bring in the money to the program to benefit the student-athletes, and not just a club for the wannabe "important" folks, also want him and his staff to work with the AD to create a real game day experience that is lacking at ASU, and I really want him to professionalize his staff and team, especially when they travel. 

Conquero to answer your question: The feel on the campus with the students is the same they are college students moving from station in life to the next. The change was more felt in the faculty and staff, many positions were eliminated due to duplication. There was a lot of uncertainty and uneasiness. There is always going to be resistance from both old schools old guard. The aspect of racism is never going to go away, it is the nature of the beast in Albany. Albany State-East and Albany State-West are in two different locations physically but one campus, students take classes at both campuses, and if truth be told, have been doing so for years. If you are referring to the sudden appearance of throngs and throngs of white people on the East campus, that is not going to happen, but then again it was not like at the Old Darton campus either. Darton for years has been overwhelming black. Unless you dug into the data, when you walked on Darton's campus you would think it was a black school. The only difference you may now see is more white students coming on the East Campus with ease rather than apprehension. Albany State itself has always had a good share of white people being enrolled. Now we will just have more on the East campus.
It is What It is.....It will BE what it WILL be....

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
  • Mr. S.I.A.C./Mr. S.W.A.C.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MilesGoldenBears.com
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2017, 02:38:48 PM »
ASUramsfan07, caught where I was going with my comment. Especially after seeing Kentucky State improved last year with their new Head Coach. :nod:
"The Bears Den" and "The ASU Hornets Hive", WSSU
"CME Bowl Champions for Life"
Steel City Classic Champions 01,02,03,05,06
2004 Alabama State University SWAC Champs
2007 Football Attendance Champs
2011,2013,2015 SIAC West Div. Football Champions
2011,2015 SIAC Football Champs
2011 Pioneer Bow

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2017, 03:33:35 PM »
Interestingly, you didn't say anything remotely close when say, Ft Valley hired a new coach....

:popcorn:

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2017, 03:52:15 PM »

1. Who is us?

2. Which part of i don't have a dog in this hunt seem to be going over your head?

3. Do I need to go ghetto and say IDAG what happens for it to register?

Please, we know you're ghetto. Your ignorance has been on full display for years from being on this Board. "US" is in definition to Division II HBCUs. For someone that keep saying he doesn't have a dog in the fight, you continue to reiterate this notion of our HBCUs moving up and what has all of the merger with Albany State has to do with them athletically when a historical perspective has been presented to you on numerous occasions. As you would always mention to me, you must seem to care because you keep finding your way back into the conversation with some of these "thought-provoking" equivocations.

that's all...   ::)

There's is no us. You're just another petty troll seeking attention that go around trying to be the authority for everybody situation.

The reality is you're another crab in the barrel and anytime it appears somebody else may get ahead of you it eats at you petty jealous soul.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 05:07:19 PM by bluedog »

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2017, 06:06:07 PM »
There's is no us. You're just another petty troll seeking attention that go around trying to be the authority for everybody situation.

The reality is you're another crab in the barrel and anytime it appears somebody else may get ahead of you it eats at you petty jealous soul.

Bless your hearts my child.

that's all...   :lol:

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
  • Mr. S.I.A.C./Mr. S.W.A.C.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MilesGoldenBears.com
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2017, 02:13:39 PM »
I didn't have to because we beat FVSU the first game last year and we only lost to Kentucky State,Albany State,UWG,and Tuskegee.
"The Bears Den" and "The ASU Hornets Hive", WSSU
"CME Bowl Champions for Life"
Steel City Classic Champions 01,02,03,05,06
2004 Alabama State University SWAC Champs
2007 Football Attendance Champs
2011,2013,2015 SIAC West Div. Football Champions
2011,2015 SIAC Football Champs
2011 Pioneer Bow

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News