News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Albany State University Set To Name New Head Football Coach...  (Read 3024 times)

Offline Jaimac

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Albany State University Set To Name New Head Football Coach...
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2017, 01:22:27 PM »
http://www.thesiac.com/news/2017/4/24/FBALL_0424171820.aspx?path=fball

Well here you have it...   

Clearly this is a forward thinking hire and the Rams administration has plans of moving beyond division 2.

Actually, we aren't moving up. If anything we will leave the SIAC for a conference like GSC that covers all of the sports we offer like Women's Soccer but that may be a few years down the line. But trust and believe ASU is never moving up to D1because the USG/BOR and Ga Legislators will not allow it. They actually wrote a law a few years back stopping ALL state funded universities from moving up divisions.

Really?  Leave the SIAC? WOW...............smdh.

There is no WOW moment, this is not the first time this has been brought up and I am sure it will not be the last. I think the main question is why would we stay?

You have to do what you feel you have to do then.  I and I am very sure many others wish you luck in whatever decision you make that is best for your institution.

It's wow to ME because two of the three state HBCU's in GA think that moving to another conference is the best thing for them.  Now all of a sudden the SIAC have to prove to them why they are the best option.  Just less then 30 years ago none of our schools would be openly accepted to any of these soooo called much better conferences.  If the SIAC is so bad, then maybe that move would be the best thing.  No shade intended. :)

El Jay,

It appears that you are not grasping the situation. A potential move to the GSC would not be a decision made totally by the ASU admin. There would be a suggestion or directive from the GA BOR. The same would be applicable to SSU when they return to D2 in 2019.
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Offline G-Ram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2017, 02:11:31 PM »
I really don't see us moving up nor do I see us making a lateral(which I don't want to) move to another conference. I would like to see us win big where we are first. Let's not put the cart before the horse. Besides, if this man is more successful than our previous coaches he will be gone first chance he gets.

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2017, 02:33:13 PM »

I stand by my prediction.

Anything is possible, but unless the culture and mindset of the Board of Regents changes, or the cultural identity of ASU shifts and turns into something similar to WV State or Bluefield State, I don't think it will happen - and if it does, Valdosta State and West GA will have already gotten the go ahead first. 

But you could be right - hell 2 of the 3 State HBCU's in GA have football programs led by white men - wouldn't have predicted that 20 years ago either :shrug:

Besides, if this man is more successful than our previous coaches he will be gone first chance he gets.

I concur - first thing smoking :nod:

Seems to be a good hire though. 
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline Conquero

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2017, 02:35:40 PM »

Anything is possible, but unless the culture and mindset of the Board of Regents changes, or the cultural identity of ASU shifts and turns into something similar to WV State or Bluefield State, I don't think it will happen - and if it does, Valdosta State and West GA will have already gotten the go ahead first. 

But you could be right - hell 2 of the 3 State HBCU's in GA have football programs led by white men - wouldn't have predicted that 20 years ago either :shrug:

Besides, if this man is more successful than our previous coaches he will be gone first chance he gets.

I concur - first thing smoking :nod:

Seems to be a good hire though. 

Yeah VG,

you are right.  first the $1million dollar application fee, second the low athletic fee assessed at Albany State, then the declining enrollment.  I would have to say - no chance of a move up - but a lateral move - maybe. 

Offline G-Ram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2017, 02:44:59 PM »
LOL...Good ole Conquero, He never cease to take every opportunity he can to show his passionate love and support for dear ole Albany State. Kind of reminds me of the lady who kept chasing after the Blues Brothers trying to kill them. Tell me man. What did Albany State do to you?

Offline Ramese98

• Assistant GM
  • THE NEW ASU
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2017, 03:10:03 PM »
LOL...Good ole Conquero, He never cease to take every opportunity he can to show his passionate love and support for dear ole Albany State. Kind of reminds me of the lady who kept chasing after the Blues Brothers trying to kill them. Tell me man. What did Albany State do to you?

Thank You...I usually just ignore the constant swipes, but like clockwork no matter what the post is about Albany State, there is going to be a comment from Conquero with a negative slant to it... :lmao:
It is What It is.....It will BE what it WILL be....

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2017, 04:02:22 PM »
I really don't see us moving up nor do I see us making a lateral(which I don't want to) move to another conference. I would like to see us win big where we are first. Let's not put the cart before the horse. Besides, if this man is more successful than our previous coaches he will be gone first chance he gets.

Which is why I said " IF HE PRODUCE A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM THAT WINS CONSISTENTLY "  

5-7 years is a good bit away you guys tend to go from 0-100 on a topic in less than 2 seconds.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 04:19:58 PM by bluedog »

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2017, 04:17:00 PM »

I wouldn't have thought that we would be playing against every FBS G5 school in the state let alone the #7 ranked in the nation  SEC team between the hedges or that I would have lived to see the first black President.

But that's the entire point of oppression.  To limit if not kill your dreams.

Remember everybody in this forum also rejected my prediction a few years back that the meac was going to leave the pay for play playoff games also.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 03:43:23 PM by bluedog »

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2017, 08:21:11 PM »
Blue dog, please stop the pie in the sky and pat on your back moment. You so want us to move up. Nobody isn't moving up to be fall back down. Learn to stay in your lane.

that's all...

Offline fsu2015mme

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2017, 12:10:30 AM »
 :dedhorse: No DI FCS for any HBCU in GA. We can't even get advanced degrees let alone national spotlight. Oppression has been the song and dance here. Now, GSC is very likely in two years fo SSU. My guess is Savannah will go GSC and Albany will join them. SIAC better get a prospectus together quick because these two presidents are bought and it won't be an easy sale. If Valdosta and West Ga (Comprehensive University) can't go D1 they ain't letting us go because it would not fit into their alignment of the schools which is why SSU is being made to drop down. Just my opinion
"I only debate my equals, all others I teach..." Dr. John Hendrix Clarke

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2017, 02:09:53 AM »
Blue dog, please stop the pie in the sky and pat on your back moment. You so want us to move up. Nobody isn't moving up to be fall back down. Learn to stay in your lane.

that's all...

1. Who is us?

2. Which part of i don't have a dog in this hunt seem to be going over your head?

3. Do I need to go ghetto and say IDAG what happens for it to register?

It's  moments like this that make you appreciate the courage and conviction that Black men and women had to fight and even die for their dreams

« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 07:22:29 AM by bluedog »

Offline Conquero

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2017, 04:34:06 AM »

Wow.  Now what did I say?  Was it related to enrollment decline?  I only said that in reference to assessing student athletic fees for a potential move up.  I think you guys are misreading this.  Albany State is doing exceptional athletically right now, and winning could turn the tide.  Just saying the reality of a move up seems unlikely and stated why.  

Others made same observation, didn't state reasons why, other than political climate in GA, but no conspiracy theories - Wow.

I always thought that with Albany State's band and success in football, long ago they might have considered the SWAC.  But even Albany posters made it clear that there would be no plans for a divisional move.  

Sorry you took it that way.  But more importantly,  is what fsuv2015 said about none of the three HBCU's having terminal or professional degree programs.  We are in a mess.  Albany State may have a chance to introduce this type of programming now that you have the monopoly in Albany.   Watch out for Georgia Southwestern though.  There's seems to be a strategic vested interest in them.  

Good luck and keep winning Albany.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 04:36:07 AM by Conquero »

Offline Conquero

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2017, 04:38:47 AM »
What I'm interested in knowing is the feel of campus since the merger?  Is the diversity on the main campus apparent?  And is it a renewed since of energy for hope in the future?

Clearly, the athletic programs are soaring to new heights.

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2017, 08:11:30 AM »

1. Who is us?

2. Which part of i don't have a dog in this hunt seem to be going over your head?

3. Do I need to go ghetto and say IDAG what happens for it to register?

Please, we know you're ghetto. Your ignorance has been on full display for years from being on this Board. "US" is in definition to Division II HBCUs. For someone that keep saying he doesn't have a dog in the fight, you continue to reiterate this notion of our HBCUs moving up and what has all of the merger with Albany State has to do with them athletically when a historical perspective has been presented to you on numerous occasions. As you would always mention to me, you must seem to care because you keep finding your way back into the conversation with some of these "thought-provoking" equivocations.

that's all...   ::)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 10:48:24 AM by thatd@mnYOGI »

Offline Rams3

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2017, 08:55:41 AM »
 :popcorn:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News