News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Albany State University Set To Name New Head Football Coach...  (Read 3022 times)

Offline Jaimac

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Albany State University Set To Name New Head Football Coach...
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 03:44:46 PM »
Best wishes to the Billy Goats as the new era begins.

Ditto. 

That's until you hit Columbus GA the first weekend in November. Then I wish you 1,000 deaths  :lol: :dedhorse:......

Co-signing on the addendum.
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2017, 03:48:43 PM »
Ya'll done went out there and got cha a white man. I hear ya BANY.

that's all...   :lol:

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2017, 03:52:15 PM »
Ya'll done went out there and got cha a white man. I hear ya BANY.

that's all...   :lol:

See, that's shade sans trees and light,,,,

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2017, 02:34:34 AM »
http://www.thesiac.com/news/2017/4/24/FBALL_0424171820.aspx?path=fball

Well here you have it...   

Clearly this is a forward thinking hire and the Rams administration has plans of moving beyond division 2.

Offline ASURAMS07

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2017, 08:06:16 AM »

Well here you have it...  

Clearly this is a forward thinking hire and the Rams administration has plans of moving beyond division 2.

Actually, we aren't moving up. If anything we will leave the SIAC for a conference like GSC that covers all of the sports we offer like Women's Soccer but that may be a few years down the line. But trust and believe ASU is never moving up to D1 because the USG/BOR and Ga Legislators will not allow it. They actually wrote a law a few years back stopping ALL state funded universities from moving up divisions.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 09:48:20 AM by ASURAMS07 »
Albany State Alum 07'

Offline EL JAY

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.valiant-gs.com
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2017, 09:26:16 AM »

Well here you have it...   

Actually, we aren't moving up. If anything we will leave the SIAC for a conference like GSC that covers all of the sports we offer like Women's Soccer but that may be a few years down the line. But trust and believe ASU is never moving up to D1because the USG/BOR and Ga Legislators will not allow it. They actually wrote a law a few years back stopping ALL state funded universities from moving up divisions.

Really?  Leave the SIAC? WOW...............smdh.

Heeeeeeey Tuskegee......

Offline Ramese98

• Assistant GM
  • THE NEW ASU
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2017, 09:51:57 AM »

Well here you have it...   

Actually, we aren't moving up. If anything we will leave the SIAC for a conference like GSC that covers all of the sports we offer like Women's Soccer but that may be a few years down the line. But trust and believe ASU is never moving up to D1because the USG/BOR and Ga Legislators will not allow it. They actually wrote a law a few years back stopping ALL state funded universities from moving up divisions.

There is no WOW moment, this is not the first time this has been brought up and I am sure it will not be the last. I think the main question is why would we stay?
It is What It is.....It will BE what it WILL be....

Offline ASURAMS07

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2017, 09:56:12 AM »

Well here you have it...   

Honestly, the conference has a whole is stagnant. A few of the private colleges are struggling financing and dropping athletic programs which is not good. We lost Paine in football and Stillman in all sports. A few of the members don't offer football and it's only a matter of time before another one fold or do like Spelman. I honestly don't see the 5-10 year plan for the SIAC that would keep us here long term especially with us adding women's soccer.
Albany State Alum 07'

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2017, 12:27:12 PM »

Well here you have it...  

Actually, we aren't moving up. If anything we will leave the SIAC for a conference like GSC that covers all of the sports we offer like Women's Soccer but that may be a few years down the line. But trust and believe ASU is never moving up to D1 because the USG/BOR and Ga Legislators will not allow it. They actually wrote a law a few years back stopping ALL state funded universities from moving up divisions.

With all due respect. You don't make a hire with this type of pedigree to stay at the other end of the food chain.

All the signs are there. He's young, experience,  connected , and has pedigree. Plus you have a university that just went through a major merger that's going to increase their student population.

All the signs are there and I'll go on record as saying if he comes in a produce a championship team consistently within the 5-7 years a move will be made.  
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 01:11:14 PM by bluedog »

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2017, 12:44:49 PM »
All the signs are there and I'll go on record as saying of he comes in a produce a championship team consistently within the 5-7 years a move will be made. 

It will not be for a Division I status. You can stop fantasizing about that one. You think the good ole boys are going to allow Albany State to move up a Division when Valdosta State is right down the road with the same, if not, equal enrollment and national football pedigree. Man, Stop. If anything, the move will be to the Gulf South or another PWI Conference that fits. People don't remember in the '90s when all of the talk for Savannah State and Morris Brown was moving up the Gulf South approached both Albany and Fort Valley State to move into their conference to strengthen their teams and cut down the travel. Sadly, we stayed where we are and didn't take it seriously decades ago. Now, it seems it's coming full circle again. I am all for the Billy Goats progression, as long as, it doesn't hurt the rivalry.

that's all...   :tiptoe:

Offline EL JAY

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.valiant-gs.com
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2017, 01:01:38 PM »

Well here you have it...   

There is no WOW moment, this is not the first time this has been brought up and I am sure it will not be the last. I think the main question is why would we stay?

You have to do what you feel you have to do then.  I and I am very sure many others wish you luck in whatever decision you make that is best for your institution.

It's wow to ME because two of the three state HBCU's in GA think that moving to another conference is the best thing for them.  Now all of a sudden the SIAC have to prove to them why they are the best option.  Just less then 30 years ago none of our schools would be openly accepted to any of these soooo called much better conferences.  If the SIAC is so bad, then maybe that move would be the best thing.  No shade intended. :)
Heeeeeeey Tuskegee......

Offline ASURAMS07

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2017, 01:03:09 PM »

Well here you have it...  

With all due respect. You don't make a hire with this type of pedigree to stay at the other end of the food chain.

All the signs are there. He's young, experience,  connected , and has pedigree. Plus you have a university that just went through a major merger that's going to increase their student population.

All the signs are there and I'll go on record as saying of he comes in a produce a championship team consistently within the 5-7 years a move will be made. 

Bruh it ain't happening you just wasting your breathe. You truly don't understand how the USG/BOR work.
Albany State Alum 07'

Offline Ramese98

• Assistant GM
  • THE NEW ASU
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2017, 01:04:56 PM »

People don't remember in the '90s when all of the talk for Savannah State and Morris Brown was moving up the Gulf South approached both Albany and Fort Valley State to move into their conference to strengthen their teams and cut down the travel. Sadly, we stayed where we are and didn't take it seriously decades ago. Now, it seems it's coming full circle again. I am all for the Billy Goats progression, as long as, it doesn't hurt the rivalry.

that's all...
  :tiptoe:

Yogi
 :nod:
People seem to forget about that
It is What It is.....It will BE what it WILL be....

Offline ASURAMS07

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2017, 01:08:07 PM »

It will not be for a Division I status. You can stop fantasizing about that one. You think the good ole boys are going to allow Albany State to move up a Division when Valdosta State is right down the road with the same, if not, equal enrollment and national football pedigree. Man, Stop. If anything, the move will be to the Gulf South or another PWI Conference that fits. People don't remember in the '90s when all of the talk for Savannah State and Morris Brown was moving up the Gulf South approached both Albany and Fort Valley State to move into their conference to strengthen their teams and cut down the travel. Sadly, we stayed where we are and didn't take it seriously decades ago. Now, it seems it's coming full circle again. I am all for the Billy Goats progression, as long as, it doesn't hurt the rivalry.

that's all...   :tiptoe:

Valdosta has about 8800 undergraduate students and they are a national championship program in D2. We have roughly 6.7k total students at ASU and D2. We ain't going nowhere but lateral...I do hope though that if we were to go to another D2 conference that we keep 3-4 of our OOC games with ole SIAC opponents. Particularly, FVSU being the last game of the season as always.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 01:10:21 PM by ASURAMS07 »
Albany State Alum 07'

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2017, 01:16:42 PM »

that's all...   :tiptoe:

There's nothing for me to fantasize about.  I'm not an alumnus,  fan,  or parent.  I have no dog in the hunt I'm simply looking at things from an independent prospective without the baggage of local politics and from my years of experience following sports.

I stand by my prediction.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News