News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: has anybody been to an "arena football" game before?  (Read 728 times)

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
has anybody been to an "arena football" game before?
« on: April 21, 2017, 03:30:17 PM »

hey, dc has a new arena football team called the "valor".  they won their first game "ever" played on april 7th beating the baltimore brigade 51-38 at the verizon center.  so it looks like these games are "high scoring" games.

i've never been to an arena football game before, so i'm not sure what the experience is like.  i think i might like being so close to the action.  the "valor" has a game this coming saturday night at the verizon center against the defending league champions, the philadelphia soul.  i'm seriously thinking about going, tickets only cost $15.

so has anybody been to an arena football game before?  if so, what's the experience like?  are the games exciting?

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: has anybody been to an "arena football" game before?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 04:01:23 PM »
It's exciting to watch.  The coach is on the field.  If the ball goes out of bounds most teams will let you keep the ball.  It's more fun watching on the lower level.  It's great family entertainment.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 06:32:05 PM »
I have. It is fast paced and pretty much like football on half a field. There are a couple of other differences but you should enjoy it... :nod:

Teeny and Little

Offline G-Ram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 07:00:28 PM »
I've been to a couple of games. They even had a local put together band that had an HBCU type of feeling and cheer leaders. I enjoyed it. There was a lot of scoring and you get to see/hear the big hits close up depending on where you're sitting. Nice atmosphere. Air-conditioned seating. You can't beat that. If you love football it's something to do until the regular season begins.

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 02:01:19 PM »

wow, thanks for the feedback!  unfortunately, i missed last saturday's game because the weather here in the dc area was awful.  but ya'll got me pumped now, i'll make sure i check out the next home game...

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
  • Mr.SIAC/Mr.SWAC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MilesGoldenBears.com
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 02:18:15 PM »
I did when Birmingham had the Steeldogs that played at the BJCC. :nod:
"The Bears Den" and "The ASU Hornets Hive",WSSU
"CME Bowl Champions for Life"
Steel City Classic Champions:01,02,03,05,06
2004 Alabama State University SWAC Champs
2007 Football Attendance Champs
2011,2013,2015,2018,19 SIAC West Div.FB Champs
2011,2015-19 SIAC FB Champs
2011 Pioneer Bowl

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 02:32:23 PM »
I WENT TO ALABAMA HAMMERS GAMES IN HUNTSVILLE.  THEY JUST FOLDED AFTER THE END OF LAST SEASON.  :no:  IT WAS PRETTY GOOD FOOTBALL FOR A $12 TICKET.
"Funny thing about getting older. Your eyesight may weaken, but you can see through people so much better." -AND- "Be very careful about what you will tolerate and how you let people address you, it lets them know how they can treat you and what they can get away with." -Authors Unknown-

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 02:35:03 PM »
I did when Birmingham had the Steeldogs that played at the BJCC. :nod:

Man, BHM sure does have a bunch of teams that didn't make it.

Offline Psifonian357

• Prophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 04:30:50 PM »
Winston Salem started a team last year but the league they participated in abruptly ceased operations. Per the team's site, they expect to resume play in 2018. It was an interesting experience.

Offline Snapper

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • ECSU
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2017, 11:11:15 AM »
My son and I just attended the Triangle Torch game this past Saturday. They are currently 3-0 and beat the brakes off the Savannah Southern Steam 43-2. It was our first game and my son loved it. We stood right at the barrier of the field most of the game. This Friday they play their rival the Cape Fear Hero's from Fayetteville. I think a band would add to the atmosphere they had a dj that night until the qb threw the ball away and it took out the dj's laptop..

I enjoyed it and will return. Unfortunately the kids were not able to keep the balls that went out of bounds.
BLUE & WHITE TIL I DIE
PHI BETA SIGMA 4 LIFE
ECSU VIKING 4 LIFE
ECSU "SOC" MARCHING VIKING 4 LIFE

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2017, 08:51:29 PM »
The Heroes will beat the brakes off the Torch.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline TREESE

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2017, 01:50:29 PM »
The Heroes will beat the brakes off the Torch.

HEROES all the way!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 01:52:51 PM by TREESE »

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News