News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: I was really annoyed ...  (Read 433 times)

Offline G-Ram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
I was really annoyed ...
« on: May 01, 2017, 04:52:17 AM »
'Is this good TV?' Mike Mayock didn't seem to like the NFL Network's coverage of the draft

The NFL Draft has officially gone to the zoo.

During the third day of the draft on Saturday, the Colts turned to two great apes from the Indianapolis Zoo to announce their picks on the NFL Network. Southern California tackle Zach Banner, South Florida running back Marlon Mack and Albany State defensive lineman Grover Stewart were all welcomed into the NFL by two orangutans, Azy and Rocky.
While most viewers seemed to think the scenes were charming and mostly harmless, NFL Network analyst and Philly native Mike Mayock was not pleased with the network’s decision to repeatedly cut back to the zoo during the last day of the draft.

“If we’re going back to the zoo, I’m walking off the desk,” a half-joking Mayock said to host Rich Eisen. “I’ve about had it with the zoo. Enough. I mean, is this good TV?

“I think we’ve got to be a bit more respectful to big Grove,” Mayock said after the network once again cut to the zoo to announce Grover Stewart’s selection at the end of the fourth round.
“Rather than talking about that chimp let’s get back to some football here,” an obviously annoyed Mayock pleaded. "It’s a big day for him."
Watch:

Mayock wasn’t just annoyed by the orangutans. During the fifth round of the draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers turned to WWE Hall of Famer Bruno Sammartino to announce the team has selected Utah cornerback Brian Allen.
Prior to the pick, Eisen jokingly chided Mayock and asked, “You don’t want to see Bruno Sammartino announce a pick?”
“It was never a dream of mine,” Mayock replied.
 http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/pattisonave/NFL-Draft-Mike-Mayock-NFL-Network.html

« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 05:00:59 AM by G-Ram »

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
Re: I was really annoyed ...
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 09:15:56 AM »
While I don't disagree about the zoo, I can always do without Mayock...

Teeny and Little

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News