News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: UNC Tar Heels are basketball National Champions  (Read 4557 times)

Offline Platinum_Sound

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: UNC Tar Heels are basketball National Champions
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2017, 12:07:11 PM »
VG, that is fair to say, but some of the blatant calls in this year's tourney for UNC is just horrible to watch. Again, I didn't watch the game nor read the stat sheet to know the numbers. Just reading the articles in today's national papers it's obvious of what transpired throughout this tourney when UNC played. Everyone was saying how hard it was to watch the championship because of the poor calls.

that's all...    :shrug:

Hell I thought it was hard to watch because of all the shots that were missed.  During the regular season these guys were probably hitting those shots with their eyes closed.  Last night, they looked like me.  :lmao:

Now you know I fell out when the Gonzaga dude banked in a bricked three pointer.

And then put his hands up like he called bank.  :lmao:
Shaw University - 61 CIAA Championships

2012 NCAA Women's Division II Basketball NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.

Shaw University Platinum Sound Marching Band 2008 Honda Battle of the Bands Participant.

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2017, 12:13:22 PM »
 :clap:  :bow:  great game!  glad the heels won!  wasn't pretty, but a win is a win.  personally, i don't give a darn about the academic scandal, almost all of the big time programs are guilty of academic fraud.  carolina just got caught, that's all.  which makes the national championship just that much "sweeter"!

go heels!!  ole roy now has 3 national "ships" at unc, but had "zero" at kansas...

Offline The Sloping Hills and Verdent Green

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2017, 12:27:43 PM »
Shoot....mine rivaled Franklin Ajay's (The Fly) in Car Wash back in the day....

That hair style was neat and looked very nice.  This mess today is like they went to sleep with a large afro, it got messed up during the night, and they decided not to comb it out the next day.

LOOK OUT MEAC WE ARE BACK AND READY

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2017, 12:34:07 PM »
Cheating pays! University of Notorius Cheaters are national champs.   :no:

I am with you Decks.  Not only are they doing academic fraud but they have cheated over the years in giving players extra perks. I personally know that the brother of one of Carolina's superstars and an NBA great received illegal gifts from the school and alumni. 

Did anyone notice during the trophy presentation how the Carolina fans booed the President of the NCAA.  He is probably leading the investigation in the fraud charges.   :nod:    :lol:

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2017, 12:39:28 PM »
Someone please give me some barber's clippers.  All of the young brother across the country need to get their heads shaved.  The come out looking like Buckwheat with the nappy, uncombed, uncut, mess on their heads.  Back in the day we would never come out of the house with our head looking like that.  SHAME ON THE BLACK BROTHERS OF TODAY.

BTW, as usual Carolina has no black cheerleaders cheering for a 90% black basketball team.  

whew....I know we are in the same age bracket, but even I KNOW that is a hair style some like.  Personally, I like it.  I wouldn't wear it even if I were their age, but I like it on some who do.  

You just a grump.   :lmao:

I with you M&G. I love seeing our youth embrace what is natural. For too long we have been made to feel there is something wrong with nappy hair. Like it or not, it is what we are. Besides, I have never pulled a string of nappy hair out of the spaghetti from the buffet.  :tongue2:

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2017, 12:41:00 PM »
I didn't watch the game, but reading some of the headlines from the WashingtonPost AGAIN about the bad officiating slighting towards a UNC victory. I told you all I was done with them after Arkansas got JOBBED and the failed calls in the Kentucky game towards the end. The refs basically gave them the game again last night and the NCAA anointed them that cheating pays off. And, no, I do not hate UNC nor any school from the carolinas that are not my teams traditional rivals. So, I can care less. I am about what's right here. Too bad no one else sees it or don't care to.

that's all...    :tiptoe:

Yeah they missed a few calls but otherwise, the game was called very close and it was not too slanted to one side.

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2017, 12:51:50 PM »

That hair style was neat and looked very nice.  This mess today is like they went to sleep with a large afro, it got messed up during the night, and they decided not to comb it out the next day.

Man, we had a collection of the lumpyest, nappiest fros ever seen in my hood. Some of their naps had naps....the girls wouldn't even braid theirs coz it was so nappy....my boy Edward hair was so bad, this mug broke a rake trying to comb his fro out after swimming. And was like, hey let me use your rake....we all fell out laughing all the way to the corner store for some Orange Aid and some Potluck cookies....,

Que gonna holla when he read that..,,

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2017, 12:53:26 PM »

If white people can get up, shake their hair into place and go on about their day, why do we expect black folk to spend hours trying to get our hair to lay in the same direction? Through my eyes, those guys were fine looking black males. If I dressed them, I would not touch the hair. Just because we were saddled with a particular standard of beauty does not mean we should subject out youth it.  

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2017, 01:02:37 PM »

Man, we had a collection of the lumpyest, nappiest fros ever seen in my hood. Some of their naps had naps....the girls wouldn't even braid theirs coz it was so nappy....my boy Edward hair was so bad, this mug broke a rake trying to comb his fro out after swimming. And was like, hey let me use your rake....we all fell out laughing all the way to the corner store for some Orange Aid and some Potluck cookies....,

If Edward could break a rake,  his hair was much better than that corn silk you were cursed with. Unlike some folk, (not calling any names), I bet Edward still has a head full of thick black nappy hair. Has that corn silk  turned golden and fell out, if not it will, if the crows have not plucked it out while looking for lice.   

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2017, 01:03:45 PM »

Now that was funny.    :lmao:     :lmao:   I remember some guys with hair so hard that it broke a few rakes and picks.

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2017, 01:10:50 PM »

If Edward could break a rake,  his hair was much better than that corn silk you were cursed with. Unlike some folk, (not calling any names), I bet Edward still has a head full of thick black nappy hair. Has that corn silk  turned golden and fell out, if not it will, if the crows have not plucked it out while looking for lice.   

No corn silk for me bruh. Oh, my main man Edward passed away a few years ago.

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2017, 01:13:09 PM »
I wonder how many of the guys on the championship team took fake and make believe independent study classes? At any rate, congratulations!
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline Platinum_Sound

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2017, 01:17:27 PM »
Cheating pays! University of Notorius Cheaters are national champs.   :no:

I am with you Decks.  Not only are they doing academic fraud but they have cheated over the years in giving players extra perks. I personally know that the brother of one of Carolina's superstars and an NBA great received illegal gifts from the school and alumni. 

Did anyone notice during the trophy presentation how the Carolina fans booed the President of the NCAA.  He is probably leading the investigation in the fraud charges.   :nod:    :lol:

Drop names......Don't make a statement this big without backing it up.

Shaw University Platinum Sound Marching Band 2008 Honda Battle of the Bands Participant.

Offline Platinum_Sound

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2017, 01:18:41 PM »
I wonder how many of the guys on the championship team took fake and make believe independent study classes? At any rate, congratulations!

Those days are long over.  ::)

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2017, 01:46:56 PM »
That i don't believe

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

Support Onnidan

Support the Fan Forum

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support.

The pandemic has financial consequences, especially for Black-owned businesses. Ad revenue is shrinking so we are asking you directly for your financial support. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan or process your donation through Square

>