News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: When winning goes to your head lol  (Read 415 times)

Offline VUU fan

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
When winning goes to your head lol
« on: April 09, 2017, 09:29:45 AM »
All jokes aside, they had a great team that beat VUU in the championship game. Hopefully this will be a great experience for them, but UConn is coming off that lost in the tourney.

The top women's basketball teams in NCAA Division II and Division I will play each other prior to the start of their respective 2017-18 seasons.

Ashland University's women's basketball team will take on Connecticut on Sunday, Nov. 5, on the road in an exhibition game at a location and game time yet to be determined.

"When you're looking at scheduling, I was trying to schedule an exhibition game, and I had a really hard time getting a game, for a variety of reasons," said Ashland head coach Robyn Fralick. "I kept having people kind of jokingly say, 'Well, you should just ask UConn.' One of my old college teammates worked with one of the current UConn assistants, so that was the connection.

Full story:

http://goashlandeagles.com/sports/wbkb/2016-17/releases/20170330eyt6oz
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 09:40:53 AM by VUU fan »

Offline Platinum_Sound

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: When winning goes to your head lol
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 09:52:51 AM »
All jokes aside, they had a great team that beat VUU in the championship game. Hopefully this will be a great experience for them, but UConn is coming off that lost in the tourney.

The top women's basketball teams in NCAA Division II and Division I will play each other prior to the start of their respective 2017-18 seasons.

Ashland University's women's basketball team will take on Connecticut on Sunday, Nov. 5, on the road in an exhibition game at a location and game time yet to be determined.

"When you're looking at scheduling, I was trying to schedule an exhibition game, and I had a really hard time getting a game, for a variety of reasons," said Ashland head coach Robyn Fralick. "I kept having people kind of jokingly say, 'Well, you should just ask UConn.' One of my old college teammates worked with one of the current UConn assistants, so that was the connection.

Full story:

http://goashlandeagles.com/sports/wbkb/2016-17/releases/20170330eyt6oz

After Shaw won the national championship in 2012 we had exhibition games with Duke and Baylor. Baylor was coming off that national title run. We played Duke and got so banged up we had to cancel the Baylor game.
Shaw University - 61 CIAA Championships

2012 NCAA Women's Division II Basketball NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.

Shaw University Platinum Sound Marching Band 2008 Honda Battle of the Bands Participant.

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News