News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: 2017 Queen City Battle of the Bands..  (Read 2443 times)

Offline AggieManiac704

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: 2017 Queen City Battle of the Bands..
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2017, 12:42:20 PM »
Per my understanding, there were some issues behind the scenes im guessing that didn't sit well with the staff & students. The fine details, don't know. But I hear they were asked to attend QC & declined. Band will be at Gardner-Webb & UNCC games though....so I'll catch them there.

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
    • Jackson State University
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2017, 02:20:08 PM »
Man, don't believe that. I know 1 of the promoters and they're professional, good dudes.

Offline AggieManiac704

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2017, 04:04:23 PM »
Man, don't believe that. I know 1 of the promoters and they're professional, good dudes.

i know lotta good dudes that dont always come off as good.....but hey, we dont know the story so I'm just gonna wait for the season to start

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2017, 08:37:33 PM »

i know lotta good dudes that dont always come off as good.....but hey, we dont know the story so I'm just gonna wait for the season to start

Man, I'm just going off what I've been told by several alums.

TBH, A&T is a "Honda band", meaning they sound and perform better in a Dome where most attendees are not band heads.

When you have an outdoor event filled with band heads and OG bands from the deep South, it's a recipe to be exposed.

Offline AggieManiac704

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2017, 08:53:00 PM »
......no counter from me. The difference in sound was clear.

Offline Aggie D.

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2017, 07:55:06 PM »

TBH, A&T is a "Honda band", meaning they sound and perform better in a Dome where most attendees are not band heads.

When you have an outdoor event filled with band heads and OG bands from the deep South, it's a recipe to be exposed.

::) :brickwall:

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2017, 01:35:14 AM »

::) :brickwall:

Don't get mad at facts.

Get back to being A&T. :clap:

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2017, 08:16:21 AM »
Sadly, I have to agree with DRUMMA1 on his assessment of the Blue and Gold Marching Machine. I have seen the difference in performance, energy and sound. When they are in the Georgia Dome at Honda, they pull out all of the stops. But in a traditional battle of the bands, which I consider a street battle, they just shrivel up under the lights of bigger and better bands from the South. I can remember the days when Hodge was directing they would never back down on any larger band from the South. The battles were epic and bands from the South was expecting a fight when they played against A&T. Now, not so much. That's just my two cents. Nothing more. Hopefully, they can leave the theatrics for Honda when they come to a real battle.

that's all...    :shrug:

==========

==========

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News