News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: UNiv of New Orleans player tried to Spreewell a teammate.  (Read 197 times)

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
UNiv of New Orleans player tried to Spreewell a teammate.
« on: March 16, 2017, 02:02:57 PM »
And ain't nobody gonna talk about it?

That fool Spreewelled his own teammate because he didn't pass him the damn ball. I was shocked when it went down. I would hope the coach yanks his scholarship. Damn fool.

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: UNiv of New Orleans player tried to Spreewell a teammate.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 04:36:50 PM »
yeah, i saw that highlight on tv and it was kinda funny to me because i'm a high school basketball referee and i witnessed an incident that's very similar to that.  "true story", i had to call a technical foul on a player during a game for "attempting" to fight his very own teammate.  it was the weirdest thing i'd ever seen.

so the other team shot 2 free throws and was awarded possession of the ball just because of the same thing that happened in the new orleans game except the two "teammates" only balled up their fists and chest shoved each other.  matter fact, i didn't see the new orleans game, but did the ref call a tech on the new orleans player who choked his teammate on national tv?

in maryland high schools where i referee, he would've been assessed a "flagrant" technical foul and "automatically" ejected from the game even though he attacked his own teammate...

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 04:41:34 PM »
No technical foul was assessed but the coach benched the player for the rest of the game...and they lost by 1 pt. I bet that was an ice cold plane ride
Home for that dude.

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 05:12:54 PM »
No technical foul was assessed but the coach benched the player for the rest of the game...and they lost by 1 pt. I bet that was an ice cold plane ride
Home for that dude.

yeah, it probably was a cold ride home for him.  but you know how dudes are, the two of them get over that kind of stuff "relatively" quickly, that is they get over the altercation pretty quickly.  but i bet dude who choked his teammate is more pyssed about not playing anymore than either of the two are about the altercation...

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News