News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Aggies continue building on their success  (Read 1410 times)

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Aggies continue building on their success
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2017, 10:38:25 AM »
Aggies continue building on their success
By Jeff Mills

http://www.greensboro.com/sports/jeff-mills-aggies-continue-building-on-their-success/article_ba63a977-ab5d-5f9d-8dd7-f28bf07be12c.html

Boadway is clearly saying, in this article, that he is recruiting a better type of kid than the rest of the MEAC. What a butt head.  :no:

No, Broadway did not say that.  A better type athlete now than when he took the job at A&T.  Howard University new coach went on record as saying they had the best 2017 recruits in the conference. Good for Howard.  Time will tell.  Not angered by the remarks.  If he is a competitor and winner the thoughts come with the position and territory.  All coaches will think the same, but may not verbalize it to the media.  Howard coach went on record of saying he had the best.  Matters not how we feel, again time will tell.  As Forrest Gump says, " and that all I got to say about that!

“And now we’re competing for players against App State, UNC-Charlotte, Coastal Carolina, The Citadel, Old Dominion, people like that. We haven’t competed much against other teams in the MEAC. We’ve upgraded our recruiting in the types of kids we bring in.”

It does seem this quote like Broadway is saying he has gone beyond the MEAC in his recruiting. Anyway I hope London is right about Howard, but I believe NCCU got five 3-star pickups.

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2017, 11:22:56 AM »
This is similar to what Mack has said at NCCU.  They are not putting the rest down but recruiting the same calibre student athletes as other FCS schools on the East Coast.  Most of the athletes signed were on those aforementioned schools in the above post radar with multiple offers.  A few  posters on this board too myopic in realizing how attractive MEAC  schools are to these students.  That is great and I find nothing to twinge my skin about Broadway statement  or Londons (HOWARD)  saying  outright " He had the best recruits in the MEAC for 2017". Good for him and Howard. Most had early commits from multi offered athletes.  We should be excited about the upcoming seasons because all in the conference have upped the calibre by courting multi star material with 30 ACT and high SAT scores. THIS IS SUPER ! "as the tide comes in the bay all the ships rise".  While being rivals on the field, I also reverse to being a  supporter of all HBCU institutions knowing the history and struggles from the spirits of another time necessitating their founding. There are bigger challenges in our future, RIGHT NOW.! Wake up.! Don't hate. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 01:22:29 PM by Thinkingaboutit »

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2017, 04:55:29 PM »
"ebullient"  I see he's made it to the E section of the dictionary.  Waiting for him to get to the P's so he can say persnickety.  :lol:

e·bul·lient
iˈbo͝olyənt,iˈbəlyənt
adjective
cheerful and full of energy.
"she sounded ebullient and happy"
You must have looked it up for yourself because I already knew what it meant. :lol: My post was a joke which obviously shot over your head like the space shuttle.  Are you really a "professor" or did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express???? :shrug:
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2017, 05:00:31 PM »
It has not passed notice that Alabama A&M University had a huge class of talent rivaling major schools in expectations of recruits.  I checked out scout.com and they are tops relative to HBCU recruiting.   

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News