News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: TOP D1 HBCU Hoops Power Rankings As of 12/27/16  (Read 815 times)

Offline BIG GRAY

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
TOP D1 HBCU Hoops Power Rankings As of 12/27/16
« on: January 02, 2017, 01:35:26 PM »
http://www.hbcugameday.com/2016/12/hbcu-gameday-d1-hbcu-hoops-power-rankings-12272016.html

D1 HBCU Hoops Power Rankings: As of 12/27/2016

Top 5

1) Tennessee State 8-3
2) NC Central  7-5
3) Texas Southern 4-9
4)Grambling State 5-6
5) Savannah State 3-8
NCCU 2014, 2015 & 2016 Football MEAC CHAMPS

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: TOP D1 HBCU Hoops Power Rankings As of 12/27/16
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 01:41:41 PM »
Pitiful. There is no need for a Power Ranking when only 2 of  24 D1 HBCU's have a winning record.   :no:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 01:43:19 PM by Decks »

Offline BIG GRAY

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 01:44:02 PM »
Pitiful. There is no need for a Power Ranking when only 2 of  24 D1 HBCU's have a winning record.   :no:

Sad but true...should be an interesting season.
NCCU 2014, 2015 & 2016 Football MEAC CHAMPS

Offline Fly Young Intellectual

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 01:46:58 PM »
1) Thanks for posting the link, BG, but if you could not post the entire top five for click purposes, I'd appreciate it.

2) Yes, Decks, its unfortunate but it is what it is. Anyway, conference play is starting up this week so in another month it won't look as bad. For some teams.  :lmao:

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 02:09:10 PM »
Like many FCS schools with daunting  December schedules competing with FBS is the results.  I think playing those teams make your team better.   We are ready for conference play and it will not be a walk through. The MEAC is competitive.  Tennessee State has a team too,. Duke's height and bench was too much in the end.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 02:26:56 PM by Thinkingaboutit »

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 02:12:57 PM »
Like many FCS schools with daunting schedules competing on the FBS is the results.  I think playing those teams make your team better.   We are ready for conference play and it will not be a walk through. The MEAC is competitive.  Tennessee State has a team too, in its lane.  Duke's height and bench was too much in the end.

For NCCU...yes...but A&T and Coppin have yet to beat a D1 team all year. And 8 teams at 3-10 or 3-12...

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 03:13:58 PM »
For the record FCS and FBS only apply to football which have championships at their own level. In BB you have Major D1 and Mid-Major D1 who all compete for one title. Now back to you regularly scheduled programming.
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Lord, remove the front teeth of my enemies so I can know them by their smile.

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 04:06:21 PM »
Thank you for your impute.  I think the board got the gist of what was meant by type schools and conferences.   Major /Mid-major basketball types are simply interchanged with FBS/FCS football types- with most schools so designated typically going hand in hand.  Again my apology for the misstatement that invaded your sensitivities.  We must always be as correct as possible.  I buy that. So if you would be so kind and reread the post and change the words to your satisfaction I'm sure all will be well. AS for Coppin and A&T, it depends on the competition they scheduled early.  Some teams schedule to win, others schedule for competition others for funds.  NCCU has had a 50/50 schedule so far- some tough and some  just opponents. We have survived with all.  
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 04:13:51 PM by Thinkingaboutit »

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 08:47:13 PM »
Thank you for your impute.  I think the board got the gist of what was meant by type schools and conferences.   Major /Mid-major basketball types are simply interchanged with FBS/FCS football types- with most schools so designated typically going hand in hand.  Again my apology for the misstatement that invaded your sensitivities.  We must always be as correct as possible.  I buy that. So if you would be so kind and reread the post and change the words to your satisfaction I'm sure all will be well. AS for Coppin and A&T, it depends on the competition they scheduled early.  Some teams schedule to win, others schedule for competition others for funds.  NCCU has had a 50/50 schedule so far- some tough and some  just opponents. We have survived with all.  
Looks like you are the sensitive one with this deluge of BS right here^^^. :lol:

If you are putting out incorrect information you should be man enough to accept correction with class but, after all you are you.

Here's to bringing that 2016 bull into 2017.

:lol:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 09:24:18 PM by Que82 »

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2017, 02:55:18 PM »
Looks like you are the sensitive one with this deluge of BS right here^^^. :lol:

If you are putting out incorrect information you should be man enough to accept correction with class but, after all you are you.

I agree with you. In basketball, D1 is D1. We should be able to compete better in basketball than football, because football requires a lot more stuff. But in basketball, all we need is three or four good players and we should be able to beat somebody.

"Mid-Major" is another term to define schools who shouldn't be on the D1 level.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 02:59:21 PM by Ram55 »

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2017, 03:06:41 PM »

Gotta agree with this.

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2017, 05:30:47 PM »

Gotta agree with this.

Next time I'll call it (low) Power Rankings  :lmao: :lmao:

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2017, 07:43:47 PM »

Obvious from the above report you failed to read my post.  The terminology you referenced is not a big issue.  Anyway, I'm so sorry to upset your bucket for referring to a basketball teams as FCS/FBS types.  You had every right to launch your criticisms even if minutia. I hope you feel better.  If you are looking for someone to fight I suggest climbing in a boxing ring,  alone,  shadow punching that image on the canvas.   Take some swings and you will get the culprit.   I don't make polls nor care much for them as a true yardstick prior to playing the season and final standings in 2017.  If leaving your school off the list chaffs,  :shrug: Sometime they are right, sometimes wrong. We have to wait and see.  :tiptoe:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 07:56:22 PM by Thinkingaboutit »

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2017, 09:57:24 PM »

Obvious from the above report you failed to read my post.  The terminology you referenced is not a big issue.  Anyway, I'm so sorry to upset your bucket for referring to a basketball teams as FCS/FBS types.  You had every right to launch your criticisms even if minutia. I hope you feel better.  If you are looking for someone to fight I suggest climbing in a boxing ring,  alone,  shadow punching that image on the canvas.   Take some swings and you will get the culprit.   I don't make polls nor care much for them as a true yardstick prior to playing the season and final standings in 2017.  If leaving your school off the list chaffs,  :shrug: Sometime they are right, sometimes wrong. We have to wait and see.  :tiptoe:
Fight????  Dude I made a correction not a criticism. I didn't even quote you to keep it from appearing like a criticism. I'm sorry you don't know the difference.  You the only one who keeps coming on here opining about it.  Maybe its you trying to start a fight. Your thong has been twisted since the Eddie Long illness comment.  :no:

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2017, 06:26:26 AM »
 :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: You're back to that? Eddie LONG? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: Your embellishment of posts are  :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: Are you on meds? High blood or sugar? If so, take them, or get in that ring and spar with the devil,again. You may get him this time. You are making a mountain out of a mole hill.  Anyone reading the post will see, as per your response, nothing for all this.  Anyway, I'm done! GEESH! :snicker :snicker :snicker
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 06:35:09 AM by Thinkingaboutit »

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News