News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: TRUMP’S FIRST 100 DAYS FOR BLACK AMERICA  (Read 8071 times)

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
TRUMP’S FIRST 100 DAYS FOR BLACK AMERICA
« on: December 21, 2016, 06:57:16 AM »
Full story

In late October of this year, then candidate Trump gave a speech in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, in which he outlined his plan for his first 100 days in office. It included three major areas of focus: cleaning up corruption in Washington, job creation and what many called a “law and order” agenda. The speech was reported on and then largely forgotten.

So what should black Americans be looking for in the first 100 days of a Trump presidency? I believe we should press for three major priorities, which are very compatible with what Trump has already put forth: a growing economy that creates jobs, education choice for all families, and criminal justice reform.

It is absolutely vital that we look for jobs to be created by a growing economy, not just by insisting that individual corporations keep jobs in America or by diverting tax payer money into massive infrastructure spending. A potential problem with these strategies is that the initial boost from the jobs created or “saved” is quite modest while the long term drain on the productive part of the economy is large.

I believe that Mr. Trump will not repeat President Obama’s mistake in this arena.  We all understand that spending $1 million to create 5 jobs that pay $50,000 is not a good deal. But somehow the “cost-per-job” factor gets lost as the numbers get larger. In fact in May 2012, the Congressional Budget Office estimated that Obama’s stimulus package—a job creation strategy similar to the current infrastructure spending proposal—may have cost up to $4.1 million per job.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: TRUMP’S FIRST 100 DAYS FOR BLACK AMERICA
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 09:08:02 AM »
I agree with the bulk of this article.

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 09:09:01 AM »
What people do not realize is that we have PLENTY of jobs in America- it just they are done by ROBOTS- you can not get or create a job in America anymore- you have to invent a job- shoot Iam a physician and automation has changed the way I have to practice medicine- if I practiced medicine to old way I would be on food stamps.

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 09:11:27 AM »
What is sad is that a race of people who has over $ 1 trillion dollars of buying power is still looking for a savior to help them- That is like Bill Gates standing on the corner refusing to do anything until someone gives him a million dollars. 

Offline lew9ball

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://TU
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 09:26:44 AM »
^^^ Good point Ken I strongly agree...we must do more for ourselves .. :nod:
"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else"
                       Booker T. Washington

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 09:36:08 AM »
What people do not realize is that we have PLENTY of jobs in America- it just they are done by ROBOTS- you can not get or create a job in America anymore- you have to invent a job- shoot Iam a physician and automation has changed the way I have to practice medicine- if I practiced medicine to old way I would be on food stamps.

How about all the tech jobs that are going unfilled? They can't find qualified people.  Yet you have Comrade Trump telling people to jump in coal mines.  :no: Tell those coal miners if they don't like tech, get their CDL. I have a small trucking company and always have trouble finding drivers.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 09:41:47 AM »
What is sad is that a race of people who has over $ 1 trillion dollars of buying power is still looking for a savior to help them- That is like Bill Gates standing on the corner refusing to do anything until someone gives him a million dollars. 

Trying to get that race to collectively channel that money to select businesses is like trying to herd cats or squirrels across the street.

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 10:00:20 AM »
The reason we have so many tech jobs is that people tend to want to go to college and many drop out with no skills- Going to vocational school prepares you for those tech jobs than a university- And if you have no money the military will also prepare you for tech jobs--

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 10:02:43 AM »
 :offtopic:

referencing soflo's signature.  Surprisingly this wasn't pointed out at least to my knowledge on any of the news programs that I watch.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2016, 11:43:22 AM »

You sound like a Republican. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2016, 07:26:24 PM »
The reason we have so many tech jobs is that people tend to want to go to college and many drop out with no skills- Going to vocational school prepares you for those tech jobs than a university- And if you have no money the military will also prepare you for tech jobs--
Not so fast my friend.  Most people do not have troubleshooting skills, and one thing that helps you troubleshoot is an understanding of theory.  Most people who are currently working in tech do not have the best troubleshooting skills.  

I believe college is better than vocational-tech for acquiring the skills to be successful.  College professors will drill you in fundamentals whereas the Miltary or tech school teach you to do something without tech you how it should work.  I work in the tech field, and I am the "goto" guys when others did not solve the issues.  Some of these people have degrees and certs, but what I found out is they do not fully understand how things should operate.  

Yes, we have trained train; however, they cannot expand beyond that training.  I am not bragging that if you show me something, I will gain more knowledge by working to solve problems.  For example, no one wanted to train me on our voice over IP system; however, when I was the only person willing to do the job, I taught myself by studying the system.  

Why cannot do that and others cannot?  It is a direct reflexion on FVSU.      I believed that our professors were too hard on us, but when I started working appreciated them more.  I learn not to fear any situation because I felt nothing can be as hard as the test my frat gave us at FVSU.  I would always make the highest grade in the class, but it could be a 49, 68, 88, or 90,  Most of the time, it was D or C., but what I found out that I learned the subject matter better than I thought. In fact, I had to take a test for AT&T, and I did not study.  I was able to pass all five parts the first time because I had no fear of the test.

I have no fear of any problem because he once gave us one test over a week.  As I stated, we thought he had lost his freaking mind, but I understand.  As he stated, my senior, "I only did the things I did because I never want any of my students to fear taking a test. 

The professor methods help me to learn EE theory like the back of my hand?  It helps me troubleshoot computer problem because I know how a system should work.  I work with some guys who only know network routing which is good, but in IT, we work with a system.  He can only fix the routing portion of the network.  I am able to fix issues from desktop to the window servers. 
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 10:11:32 PM by Cats4ever »
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2016, 08:43:01 PM »
^^^^^^

err, did your professor tell you about "reviewing your work before submitting it".    :angel:

I think I got the essence of what you meant. 

Merry Christmas
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2016, 09:01:50 PM »
I WILL COMMENT ON THIS POST 100 DAYS FROM JANUARY 20TH, 2017.  THAT WILL BE ON FRIDAY, APRIL 29TH 2017.

https://www.quadax.com/support/julian2016.pdf
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 02:56:31 PM by CIAA-FAN »
2X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2019 & 2020

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2016, 10:01:54 PM »
I agree with you about that.  Black people need to let the money circulate through our community at 10 times.  I know the old saying was five time, but since we are global and can purchase online, we can up that factor to 10.  If we did they we could have every black person working and off welfare,  The problem is we do not want to support another black because it will make them rich.

We need to change that theory because if we have enough rich blacks with business, they will more than likely employ another black which is what other races do.  Also, we need to own business where we can get money from other races.  As Cornell McBride stated, "Do you care what color the person is who makes a product for your hair?"  If it is the best product on the market people will buy it regardless. 

We need to get other black to focus on the food industry by owning every aspect of the industry.  We can own farms that produce the food and the trucks that take the food to a process plant own by us.  Then we have grocery store and places to get. 
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2016, 11:11:23 PM »
Keep an eye out for self driving cars and trucks.The supply chain industry along with Apple ,Uber and Lyft and pushing hard in this area.Truck drivers will be a memory in under ten years.So those three to four millions displaced truckers will have to be retrained.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule