News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Celebration Bowl Attendance...  (Read 4492 times)

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
    • Jackson State University
Celebration Bowl Attendance...
« on: December 17, 2016, 05:52:27 PM »

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration Bowl Attendance...
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 06:22:59 PM »

NCCU brought 1000,
Grambling 96 and the rest were visiting teams.  :tiptoe:
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 06:36:12 PM »

Attendance: 35,528

I think the game is going in the wrong direction.  

I guess as long as the sponsors and commercials keep coming in, everything will be ok.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 06:44:54 PM »

I guess as long as the sponsors and commercials keep coming in, everything will be ok.

::) ::) ::) Freaking black folks will speak death to the resurrection of Christ I swear.

Offline BIG GRAY

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 06:52:05 PM »
NCCU clearly had the most fans there - a little surprised at GSU. Thought they would  have more...
NCCU 2014, 2015 & 2016 Football MEAC CHAMPS

Offline OnGRattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 07:02:32 PM »
Gram has been to NOLA, Houston, and ATL 3 of the last 4 weeks, so I'm not shocked at their representation. I thought there was more Gramfam in ATL than in Houston though. It looked that way. Also, Nccu repped very well today. Maybe the cold rainy weather was a factor too. People complained about the early start time as well. The football game itself was great BCF. The atmosphere on the other hand didn't get hype til the last 7 mins of the game. Overall, it was a kool experience. I'll be back when FAMU and/or Southern are participating.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 07:30:35 PM by OnGRattler »
FLORIDA A&M UNIVERSITY RATTLERS!

2010 MEAC FOOTBALL CHAMPS!

2011 UNDEFEATED, 7X HONDA CAMPUS ALL-STAR CHALLENGE NATIONAL CHAMPS!

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 07:13:59 PM »
NCCU clearly had the most fans there - a little surprised at GSU. Thought they would  have more...

Because  like most folks you are confusing Grambling  attraction or draw with being their fan base.  which to be is the craziest thing I've ever seen. We've all heard the stories about why Eddie Robinson travel so much because they  have a strong home attendance and how he used that to his advantage to market to team. Well at least Collie Nicholson did.

Yet some how people still think Grambling has this large traveling fan base.

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 08:12:01 PM »

Remember the Celebration Bowl was designed with tv viewership in mind. If the ratings come close to the 2015 game I suspect espn will be happy. Even our own AD said he didn't think espn cared a lot about the attendance.

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2016, 08:25:07 PM »

Remember the Celebration Bowl was designed with tv viewership in mind. If the ratings come close to the 2015 game I suspect espn will be happy. Even our own AD said he didn't think espn cared a lot about the attendance.

True ... But if the HBCU National Championship game can't improve its attendance each year, we may have a brand issue.  At the end of the six year contract, I had hoped the game would be close to 50,000 people.

Offline westcoastaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2016, 08:31:22 PM »

True ... But if the HBCU National Championship game can't improve its attendance each year, we may have a brand issue.  At the end of the six year contract, I had hoped the game would be close to 50,000 people.

50,000 plus would put this game in the ball park of the New Year's day bowl games. Being over 30K has us in a really good spot right now. Ratings were good as well.

Offline SSUTigerFan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2016, 08:43:29 PM »
With a new some being built, maybe attendance will pick up.  You know how we feel about new digs.

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2016, 08:43:58 PM »

50,000 plus would put this game in the ball park of the New Year's day bowl games. Being over 30K has us in a really good spot right now. Ratings were good as well.

Just hoping for growth.  5 - 10% per year.

Offline OnGRattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2016, 08:45:05 PM »
Competitive football also helps the ratings. 2 years in a row the CB has delivered.
FLORIDA A&M UNIVERSITY RATTLERS!

2010 MEAC FOOTBALL CHAMPS!

2011 UNDEFEATED, 7X HONDA CAMPUS ALL-STAR CHALLENGE NATIONAL CHAMPS!

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
    • Jackson State University
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2016, 08:47:34 PM »
From my vantage point, Grambling had more fans. It didn't look like 31K in the Dome.

This game needs JSU, Southern or the Bamas.

Offline Rams3

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2016, 08:48:15 PM »
The FCS National Championship Game does NOT HAVE 30+ year in and year out. It's only year two folks.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News