News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Playoffs feel like consolation prize for N.C. A&T in Celebration Bowl era  (Read 3214 times)

Online Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
Re: Playoffs feel like consolation prize for N.C. A&T in Celebration Bowl era
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2016, 12:57:55 PM »
I just don't understand why it has to be an either or scenario.   :shrug:

If you get a chance to make some noise in the playoffs there is nothing wrong with that.  

If you get a chance to participate in the Celebration Bowl there is nothing wrong with that either.  

The destinations are different but at the end of the day a playoff run won't put you in a house any poorer that what you're already in, and the Celebration Bowl won't get you into a new house.  

Both are cool - no need to knock one over the other.  

There is no either or. You go to the Celebration Bowl and if you're good enough you go to the pimp offs gsmes.

Ok Mr. Curmudgeon you know what I damn meant.  You're an intelligent man...mean as hell but intelligent.  :lol:

Why does being a proponent for one scenario mean you have to be negative towards the other?  That's what I said and that's what I meant.

Celebration Bowl isn't the Chitlin Bowl and the Playoffs aren't the Pimp Offs.   Just different post season routes that's all. 
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2016, 01:14:00 PM »
I don't know why you all continue to entertain this simple person from the bayou. I don't have the patience nor the brain cells to go into dialogue with brotha man from the 5th floor.

that's all...   :tiptoe:

Offline Panther88

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Factory/9139
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2016, 01:49:50 PM »
The negative comments regarding D-I The Celebration Bowl are... smh

Thank goodness several D-II schools will continue to stay, D-II lol. 

Don‘t Flex Baby!

Online Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2016, 01:53:47 PM »
The negative comments are disturbing PERIOD.

Don't get what being DII has to do with having an opinion, but ok....guess if it makes sense to you then that's all that matters :shrug:

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2016, 01:57:39 PM »

Hmmm..and many delusional D1AA needs to become DII before they really go broke. Schools are in shambles, but yet you are worried about a football game. Bless ya'll hearts.

that's all...    :tiptoe:

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2016, 02:01:20 PM »
I just don't understand why it has to be an either or scenario.   :shrug:

If you get a chance to make some noise in the playoffs there is nothing wrong with that.  

If you get a chance to participate in the Celebration Bowl there is nothing wrong with that either.  

The destinations are different but at the end of the day a playoff run won't put you in a house any poorer that what you're already in, and the Celebration Bowl won't get you into a new house.  

There is no either or. You go to the Celebration Bowl and if you're good enough you go to the pimp offs gsmes.

Ok Mr. Curmudgeon you know what I damn meant.  You're an intelligent man...mean as hell but intelligent.  :lol:

Why does being a proponent for one scenario mean you have to be negative towards the other?  That's what I said and that's what I meant.

Celebration Bowl isn't the Chitlin Bowl and the Playoffs aren't the Pimp Offs.   Just different post season routes that's all.  

That was actually for the reading audience sake and not yours.  You know selective comprehension is kind of big over here.  :lol:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 08:49:34 PM by bluedog »

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2016, 02:02:41 PM »

Hmmm..and many delusional D1AA needs to become DII before they really go broke. Schools are in shambles, but yet you are worried about a football game. Bless ya'll hearts.

Name them

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2016, 08:29:08 PM »
I just don't understand why it has to be an either or scenario.   :shrug:

This was my attitude during the Heritage Bowl days, and I went to four in a row (SC State-GSU, SU-FAMU, HU-SU, and SC State and SU).  I am for getting as many HBCUs into the post-season as possible for any sport, FCS, D-II, and NAIA.  I do not only feel this way for the sake of the fans but potential recruits as well.  Yet, these views were attacked when it came to football.

Now, since the decisions have been made and they are the paths our schools (MEAC and SWAC) will take, I do not say as much as I use to say.  It is what it is.

DITTO! I only missed 1 of the Heritage Bowls played at the Dome -Grambling/SC State, I think. I attended the rest and for them to be played right before Christmas in the middle of the work day, I thought attendance was really good....but...I digress.

The regular season ends so doggone quickly, I am glad to see a few hbcu's still playing a game here and there.  I also thought it was cool having the option of going to the playoffs AND having a team in the Heritage Bowl, Celebration Bowl, Whatever You Wanna Call It Bowl.  ;D

The arguments are the same ole tired ones we have each year on Onnidan....like an old married couple arguing over ham or turkey for Christmas dinner  :snicker   

Exactly. I guess whatever each institution wants to pursue is there prerogative.
I will say I'm glad that Tuskegee gave up that Turkey Day game to pursue winning an NCAA championship, though.
I am now on Facebook! Come check me out...
 http://www.facebook.com/people/Ivan-Guillory/1249473291

SIAC All Sports Champions - 1990, ‘91, ‘92, ‘00, ‘01, ‘02, ‘06, ‘08

Offline Panther88

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2016, 05:38:18 PM »

We're alright in this part of the country and certainly don't need lowered admissions standards/panty-annie majors to get some "boys in dat can run dat ball." lol

Have your folks call our folks to come to our place as homecoming bait and catch this L that's waiting for your squad. :D  :dedhorse:

Don‘t Flex Baby!

Offline Fly Young Intellectual

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2016, 06:29:15 PM »

We're alright in this part of the country and certainly don't need lowered admissions standards/panty-annie majors to get some "boys in dat can run dat ball." lol

Have your folks call our folks to come to our place as homecoming bait and catch this L that's waiting for your squad. :D  :dedhorse:

You already have several D2 squads on your schedule in the SWAC anyway if we're being real: Valley and UAPB :lmao: :lmao:

Seriously, though, you do know that schools like Tuskegee and Morehouse have academic standards higher than most SWAC schools, right? Try a little harder.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2016, 04:49:23 AM »

You already have several D2 squads on your schedule in the SWAC anyway if we're being real: Valley and UAPB :lmao: :lmao:

Seriously, though, you do know that schools like Tuskegee and Morehouse have academic standards higher than most SWAC schools, right? Try a little harder.

Right because it's a big kept secret that they are private institutions.  ::)   :no: As if we're talking IVY league  ::)

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2016, 08:06:07 AM »

Have your folks call our folks to come to our place as homecoming bait and catch this L that's waiting for your squad.

We don't have to lower our standards to get some of the best players to play for Fort Valley State. Let's get that straight. Our football history speaks for itself. Now, you on the other hand, it seems that it hasn't helped you nor your cohorts in the SWAC with the abysmal records that you all have mustered the past few years. AND didn't you all make national headlines years ago for longest losing streak in NCAA history?

Boy, go sat down somewhere when grown folks are talking.  :lol:

that's all...

Online Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2016, 08:48:48 AM »
One thing we have been good at is getting football players to graduate. :nod:

And let's not talk about academic standards shall we?  We all have the same mission and we all have successful, productive citizens making a difference.

Leave that elite mentality sh@t where it is.  If you're elite, then we all are.....

Offline Panther88

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2016, 11:44:34 AM »

Have your folks call our folks to come to our place as homecoming bait and catch this L that's waiting for your squad.

We don't have to lower our standards to get some of the best players to play for Fort Valley State. Let's get that straight. Our football history speaks for itself. Now, you on the other hand, it seems that it hasn't helped you nor your cohorts in the SWAC with the abysmal records that you all have mustered the past few years. AND didn't you all make national headlines years ago for longest losing streak in NCAA history?

Boy, go sat down somewhere when grown folks are talking.  :lol:

that's all...

We O-W-N that record 0-80 while offering.... *drumroll* absolutely ZERO, NIL, NULL, NUL, ZILCH, 0, NADA, ... athletic scholarships.  Yet we competed.  So, what's the problem?  Why don't you have your advanced high school field club teams for a few years and see what that nets you, einsteinLESS.

I'm not going to get in a pissing match w/ you division TWO, behind number ONE lol, folks because I'll be pissing downhill w/ ease.  Why don't you call your folks @ that advanced high school w/ that high school band and tell them to call +1 (936)857-3311 and ask for Mr Ashley Robinson while stating that your squad is interested in catching a pending "L" while being used, like a 2 dollar ho', for our homecoming bait.  How does that shoe fit ol' boy?   :read:  ;D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 11:46:49 AM by Panther88 »

Don‘t Flex Baby!

Offline Panther88

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2016, 11:45:31 AM »

that's all...    :tiptoe:

Have your folks call our folks to come to our place as homecoming bait and catch this L that's waiting for your squad. :D  :dedhorse:

Will that prevent them from catching SWAC Ls?

Oh.  Okay.  :dedhorse:  D-II schools w/ D-II alums entrenched in D-II thought processes lol.   Highly remarkable.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 11:47:59 AM by Panther88 »

Don‘t Flex Baby!

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News