News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: WHAT THE HECK? !! T.U.  (Read 5932 times)

Online klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT THE HECK? !! T.U.
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2016, 07:03:20 PM »
 :shrug: :no:
July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

Online Utopia

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 12:28:05 AM by Utopia »
112 SIAC Titles; Elite 8 Men's Basketball '14; SIAC Softball Champs '14, '15 & "16; NCAA WBB Title Game '82; NCAA Football Playoffs, '13, '14 , '15  & '16; 31 SIAC Football Titles; 8 HBCU Football National Titles; Only HBCU with nearly 700 football wins (699); 7 USA Olympians-'48, '52, '56, '60

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2016, 07:55:34 PM »
So I'm guessing TU is going to come deep out of their hip pocket for this. :shrug:
Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline tiger4life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2016, 09:30:37 PM »
Yep Que it will cost us ...what a turnaround of events this is like a soap opera  "AS THE WORLD TURNS SO DO THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES BUT WE STILL SEARCH FOR TOMORROW...LOL... the team better get focused this won't be a pushover  game
ONCE A TIGER ALWAYS A TIGER  77‘

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2016, 09:45:59 PM »
I just asked the question QUE asked on the other thread.   Guess Should have looked here first.  :nod:
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2016, 08:27:12 AM »
I rather you not play the game and let the playoffs pass you by until next season than to waste money on game that you may lose. I don't think it's that serious to have a team in the SIAC to make the playoffs this way. You learn from this mistake and do better scheduling in the future.

that's all...    ???

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2016, 08:52:04 AM »
 :shrug:

Teeny and Little

Offline tusk91

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2016, 10:11:49 AM »
Behind the scenes at Virginia state universities foot team.

http://www.hbcugameday.com/2016/10/virginia-state-drops-blueprint-for-in-house-sports-media-production-ciaa.html?m=1

Should be a good game, Let's go Tuskegee!

Online klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2016, 11:21:00 AM »
Albany State Football Throws Shade, But Tuskegee-Virginia State is About to Be Lit

A big time regular-season black college football finale with playoff implications? Yes, please.
https://hbcudigest.com/albany-state-football-throws-shade-but-tuskegee-virginia-state-is-about-to-be-lit-df8abd2b9b7c#.n4j93ieyj
July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

Offline Fly Young Intellectual

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2016, 05:58:45 PM »
Oh Wow! Well just blame it all on us... :shrug:

My point is that if ASU initially agreed, they should stick to their word.  

If that was not their original position, then that is another story.  The chips fell as they should have.

J, I was referring to the Article. In my mind the season, the hopes and the aspirations for this year's football team over with and I want my team to move on to next. I am pretty sure that is the sentiment of the majority ASU fans and the players as well. Whomever made that decision might not be the ultimate person to make that decision if it was agreed upon. Especially if it wasn't a signed contract. Playing that game is pointless as far as I'm concerned. Maybe it could help the conference. Maybe it could help with revenue. But it's kind of like a consolation, consolation, consolation game. Could hurt our Brand.

And backing out of a game that you agreed to, and nobody denies they agreed to it, doesn't hurt your brand...."

Ooooookkkk

Offline Wildcat1025

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2016, 07:14:50 PM »
If Albany State or Fort Valley St or whoever gave their word to play the game and backed out, then that's piss poor on ASU or FVSU or whoever else. Don't agree, verbal or signed (because both are agreements) and allow a school to prep for it and back out. If I were an athletic director it would be a while before I schedule them again outside of a conference game.
Fort Valley State University
www.fvsu.edu
www.fvsusports.com

Offline Wildcat1025

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2016, 07:15:33 PM »
I rather you not play the game and let the playoffs pass you by until next season than to waste money on game that you may lose. I don't think it's that serious to have a team in the SIAC to make the playoffs this way. You learn from this mistake and do better scheduling in the future.

that's all...    ???

But there is a solution in place  :shrug:
Fort Valley State University
www.fvsu.edu
www.fvsusports.com

Offline G-Ram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2016, 08:37:24 PM »
If Albany State or Fort Valley St or whoever gave their word to play the game and backed out, then that's piss poor on ASU or FVSU or whoever else. Don't agree, verbal or signed (because both are agreements) and allow a school to prep for it and back out. If I were an athletic director it would be a while before I schedule them again outside of a conference game.

OK, Let's get to the real problem. Please tell us what's really bothering you Wildcat1025. You seem to have some underlining concerns about Albany State. I mean I know For Your Information is prejudice against the G-Rams. But you seem to have deeper issues besides this game. You see it's simple to me. Fort Valley Beat our a-- and we don't feel like playing anybody else. SO we gon sit home and whine for a whole dam year.

Offline skegeemurch74

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://msn
« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2016, 09:03:33 PM »
man,,what is the big deal??? so what if albany state agreed to play and then backed out after they loss,,,i feel that this cluster would not have happened if our scheduled had been completed properly in the off season,,,i am just wondering how many schools have scheduled another football game in season?? just saying,,hey,,!! we lucked out and got our 10th game, and on paper,it should be a good one,,, just play the game and let the chips fall where they may,, get over  it,,  everything is gonna be all right,, just chill please,,we got enough going on as it is.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 06:21:23 AM by skegeemurch74 »

Offline tiger4life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2016, 11:49:44 PM »
 :bow: :bow: He said it all Play Ball Saturday
ONCE A TIGER ALWAYS A TIGER  77‘

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW=