News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: WHAT THE HECK? !! T.U.  (Read 5933 times)

Offline UNA08

• Prophyte
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT THE HECK? !! T.U.
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2016, 12:50:21 PM »
Question. If you lose to Albany State, does this affect your chances? It's no given that you are going to beat Albany State for a second time.

that's all...   ???

If Tuskegee loses, they would end up with a 7-2 D2 record. That should be good enough to get a 5th, 6th or 7th seed in the tournament. I doubt a loss would knock them out.

Offline RamMan4Life

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2016, 03:44:09 PM »
According to my sources, Albany State is NOT playing next week.
A past to cherish....a future to fulfill.

Class of '92

Home of the1960 Albany State College Rams, who finished the season UNDEFEATED and a DEFENSE UNSCORED UPON!!

KAPPA ALPHA PSI FRATERNITY,INC.
 "Detrimental" Delta Xi Chapter

Offline tiger4life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2016, 06:55:05 PM »
I am hearing that rumble as well  :no: ... they get nothing out of playing this game well a revenue..
ONCE A TIGER ALWAYS A TIGER  77‘

Offline ASURAMS07

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2016, 09:40:38 PM »
I was just told the football team had a meeting earlier today where it was decided that they would NOT play TU this Saturday. I'm hearing this from 2 different sources.
Albany State Alum 07'

Offline tiger4life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2016, 11:06:19 PM »
I can understand ASURAM....
ONCE A TIGER ALWAYS A TIGER  77‘

Offline Ramese98

• Assistant GM
  • THE NEW ASU
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2016, 08:19:38 AM »
I was just told the football team had a meeting earlier today where it was decided that they would NOT play TU this Saturday. I'm hearing this from 2 different sources.

I got the same information....
It is What It is.....It will BE what it WILL be....

Offline ASUALum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2016, 09:06:07 AM »
That game would have been played in Albany or Tuskegee?
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
"Detrimental" Delta Xi

"Excuses are tools of incompetence, used to build monuments of nothingness and those who specialize in them will never succeed"

Offline ASURAMS07

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2016, 09:11:15 AM »
That game would have been played in Albany or Tuskegee?

Albany
Albany State Alum 07'

Offline Miamiinskegee

• Prophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2016, 11:58:22 AM »
Statement regarding November 12th football contest

Nov. 07, 2016 Football
TUSKEGEE, Ala. | Albany State University informed Tuskegee University last night that they will not honor their agreement to play the Golden Tigers on November 12. During negotiations last week, both Albany State and Fort Valley State University agreed to host Tuskegee depending on which team lost their game on November 5.

"I am very disappointed in Albany State's decision not to honor their agreement," Tuskegee University Athletic Director Curtis Campbell said. "As members of the SIAC, we must be able to trust the word of a member institution."

Both institutions (ASU and FVSU) were aware of the importance of this game to Tuskegee, who must now secure another opponent at this very late date, while also appealing the denied waiver request by the NCAA.

Tuskegee University will release the location and time of Saturday's game as soon as all necessary arrangements have been finalized.

For more information on Tuskegee University athletics, follow us on Twitter/Snapchat/Instagram @MyTUAthletics and like on Facebook.

"Winning Is The Outcome Of Hard Work" Coach Taylor

Offline Jaimac

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2016, 11:58:36 AM »
 :shrug:

If Albany ST initially agreed then reneged, that is just wrong!   :no:  

IMO, the game would have been for the good of the conference.  Now it seems that the SIAC will not have a representative in the playoffs.  

Whether or not TU's AD did his due diligence to find another game is another matter.

:no:  This is not good.  Too bad that TU and Benedict can not play on Saturday.

:tongue2:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 12:07:30 PM by Jaimac »
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

"If you are Pro-Life for an embryo, be Pro-Life for a fully developed Black man!"
~Torris Shingles~

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2016, 12:02:44 PM »
Lawd, HAMMERCY! In other news, the Dekalb County Alumni Chapter of Fort Valley State University is furnishing a Spirit bus to take to the championship game in Montgomery. 

that's all...    :tiptoe:

Offline G-Ram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2016, 12:07:20 PM »
Oh Wow! Well just blame it all on us... :shrug:

Offline Jaimac

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2016, 12:09:07 PM »

My point is that if ASU initially agreed, they should stick to their word.  

If that was not their original position, then that is another story.  The chips fell as they should have.
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

"If you are Pro-Life for an embryo, be Pro-Life for a fully developed Black man!"
~Torris Shingles~

Offline G-Ram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2016, 12:20:30 PM »

My point is that if ASU initially agreed, they should stick to their word.  

If that was not their original position, then that is another story.  The chips fell as they should have.

J, I was referring to the Article. In my mind the season, the hopes and the aspirations for this year's football team over with and I want my team to move on to next. I am pretty sure that is the sentiment of the majority ASU fans and the players as well. Whomever made that decision might not be the ultimate person to make that decision if it was agreed upon. Especially if it wasn't a signed contract. Playing that game is pointless as far as I'm concerned. Maybe it could help the conference. Maybe it could help with revenue. But it's kind of like a consolation, consolation, consolation game. Could hurt our Brand.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 12:23:20 PM by G-Ram »

Offline tskge_grad

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • www.twitter.com/clweeksatl
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2016, 12:30:43 PM »
Statement regarding November 12th football contest

Nov. 07, 2016 Football
TUSKEGEE, Ala. | Albany State University informed Tuskegee University last night that they will not honor their agreement to play the Golden Tigers on November 12. During negotiations last week, both Albany State and Fort Valley State University agreed to host Tuskegee depending on which team lost their game on November 5.

"I am very disappointed in Albany State's decision not to honor their agreement," Tuskegee University Athletic Director Curtis Campbell said. "As members of the SIAC, we must be able to trust the word of a member institution."

Both institutions (ASU and FVSU) were aware of the importance of this game to Tuskegee, who must now secure another opponent at this very late date, while also appealing the denied waiver request by the NCAA.

Tuskegee University will release the location and time of Saturday's game as soon as all necessary arrangements have been finalized.

For more information on Tuskegee University athletics, follow us on Twitter/Snapchat/Instagram @MyTUAthletics and like on Facebook.

I'm not surprised at all. There is nothing in it for ASU plus IMO I think Albany thought they were going to beat FVSU.  TU looks bad, the conference looks bad and now Albany St looks bad. Whomever made the decision at Albany to play the game should have talked to the football team ahead of time.

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW=