News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: WHAT THE HECK? !! T.U.  (Read 5946 times)

Offline Ramese98

• Assistant GM
  • THE NEW ASU
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT THE HECK? !! T.U.
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2016, 12:32:11 PM »
I am glad we are not playing in it. I do not know the details of it. I do not know who attempted to work it out; but I am glad Albany State said NO.  It was a stupid arrangement from the beginning and never should have been discussed or brought to the table.  

I do not think there is no love lost between Albany State and the SIAC and it has been that way for awhile. Albany State has felt slighted by the SIAC for awhile now, and I would not be surprised down the line if ASU does not leave the SIAC, our current President is not with the BS and mediocrity of backwardness and unprofessionalism.
It is What It is.....It will BE what it WILL be....

Offline skegeemurch74

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://msn
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2016, 12:51:57 PM »
like i said when started this thread,,, our season is over,,,,,yall just go vote tomorrow!!

Offline Miamiinskegee

• Prophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2016, 12:58:38 PM »
Skegee will play VSU Saturday at VSU.
"Winning Is The Outcome Of Hard Work" Coach Taylor

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2016, 12:59:18 PM »
like i said when started this thread,,, our season is over,,,,,yall just go vote tomorrow!!

:nod:

Like Luther so infamously said.....

Offline SCFAN#1

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2016, 01:32:24 PM »
Not so fast Mr. Campbell you are the one who ultimately approves the schedule of the football team ahead of the season so it's your fault you didn't schedule the requisite amount of games in the first place.  It's unsat to sit up and just blame ASU for not playing the game knowing full well they are salty they lost to FVSU for a chance to play in the title game.  Just keeping it real!

Statement regarding November 12th football contest

Nov. 07, 2016 Football
TUSKEGEE, Ala. | Albany State University informed Tuskegee University last night that they will not honor their agreement to play the Golden Tigers on November 12. During negotiations last week, both Albany State and Fort Valley State University agreed to host Tuskegee depending on which team lost their game on November 5.

"I am very disappointed in Albany State's decision not to honor their agreement," Tuskegee University Athletic Director Curtis Campbell said. "As members of the SIAC, we must be able to trust the word of a member institution."

Both institutions (ASU and FVSU) were aware of the importance of this game to Tuskegee, who must now secure another opponent at this very late date, while also appealing the denied waiver request by the NCAA.

Tuskegee University will release the location and time of Saturday's game as soon as all necessary arrangements have been finalized.

For more information on Tuskegee University athletics, follow us on Twitter/Snapchat/Instagram @MyTUAthletics and like on Facebook.

I'm not surprised at all. There is nothing in it for ASU plus IMO I think Albany thought they were going to beat FVSU.  TU looks bad, the conference looks bad and now Albany St looks bad. Whomever made the decision at Albany to play the game should have talked to the football team ahead of time.

Offline ASUALum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2016, 01:50:47 PM »
So the blame game is being played now....You.. Mr. Campbell.. phucked up... now you wanna shift the blame on ASU because ASU decided not to help you cover your a--....BOI STOP!!!! Incompetence at its best!!!!
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
"Detrimental" Delta Xi

"Excuses are tools of incompetence, used to build monuments of nothingness and those who specialize in them will never succeed"

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2016, 01:53:23 PM »
I was just told it will be Va St at Petersburg so that is so much better... :nod:

Teeny and Little

Offline 804ram07

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2016, 01:55:28 PM »
I was just told it will be Va St at Petersburg so that is so much better... :nod:

A quasi-Pioneer Bowl... I like it    :nod:

Offline Miamiinskegee

• Prophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2016, 01:57:01 PM »
Here it is.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Winning Is The Outcome Of Hard Work" Coach Taylor

Offline ASURAMS07

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2016, 01:57:23 PM »
I'm not sorry that we didn't cough up $30k to play TU at home. With this being decided in the late hour there was no way to market this game and make back our $30k. It's just simple economics. Unless Tuskgee wanna cough up $30k.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 02:03:35 PM by ASURAMS07 »
Albany State Alum 07'

Offline Grambling '93

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2016, 02:28:57 PM »

IMO that doesn't look like a guaranteed win. But you got the game now.
"LEAD, FOLLOW OR GET THE HELL OUT THE WAY"
http://www.gram.edu/
http://www.gsutigers.com/

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2016, 02:38:52 PM »

Offline tskge_grad

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • www.twitter.com/clweeksatl
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2016, 02:39:48 PM »

It's not a guaranteed win but I would rather see Tuskegee play a tough opponent that they have not played going into the playoffs. It helps VSU with their strength of schedule on the outside chance that they can make the playoffs though not likely(They weren't in regional rankings last week).  The AD needs to be gone no matter what.

Offline SkegeeFAMU

• Assistant GM
  • Trustee Chairman
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youniquegreekpara.com
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2016, 02:41:10 PM »
Folks, we can't blame AlbSU for our incompetence!! Our AD needs to be fired. Not only that, it shows the incompetence on the conference level.
Tuskegee University- Continuing the Relentless Pursuit of Excellence!!

Offline jag4life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.southernjags.com
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2016, 02:41:25 PM »

VSU definitely won't be a guaranteed win.

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW=