News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: FVSU Wildcats 2016 Season  (Read 1514 times)

Offline Pmist

• Assistant GM
  • Class of 2007
    • View Profile
Re: FVSU Wildcats 2016 Season
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2016, 05:15:16 PM »
I think most of us Wildcat Alumni know about how the coach came into the position and the time frame in which he came in and therefore we are more than happy to cut the man some slack with this year. I look forward to bigger and better in due season and yes I agree it is hard to ride the wave on out however you have to focus on the goal as well as do what we can to help facilitate the change we want to see. :nod:

FVSU BMMB

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2016, 03:20:34 PM »
I think most of us Wildcat Alumni know about how the coach came into the position and the time frame in which he came in and therefore we are more than happy to cut the man some slack with this year. I look forward to bigger and better in due season and yes I agree it is hard to ride the wave on out however you have to focus on the goal as well as do what we can to help facilitate the change we want to see. :nod:

I just may my contribution for change at the FVSU.  As I promised, I just donated some money for football scholarships.  FVSU has only nine scholarships and we need at least 26 to be competitive.  One of the most glaring needs has been offensive linemen.  We had some potential at QB, so  improvement along the O-line will make them better.

There are some really good high school RBs in middle GA, so we will need some money to go after one or two of them.  If we get the sholarship money up, we would be in a great position to be a great team.
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26

Offline Wildcat1025

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2016, 05:36:09 PM »
I damn sure did say that, and I don't regret it either.  People have the right to vote with their pocketbooks and that's what I did.   Doesn't mean I don't love my school and it doesn't mean I don't care about athletics.  I've been supporting FVS football for over 3 damn decades.  The fact that I took those measures ought to tell you how passionate I was and how fed up I was. 

Not that it's any of your business, but my money was not withheld - it was REDIRECTED. 

Don't you ever question the decisions I make with MY money, or my loyalty to Fort Valley State University. 

VG My sentiments 100%!!
Fort Valley State University
www.fvsu.edu
www.fvsusports.com

Offline Wildcat1025

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2016, 05:41:47 PM »
You guys know I have to be truthful.

People love to spread their truth and swear it must be so  :thefan:
Fort Valley State University
www.fvsu.edu
www.fvsusports.com

Offline SpecialK

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2016, 09:58:23 PM »
I was at the game today vs Kentucky State

I don't need for anyone to tell me what I saw or did not see

We will get beat on Homecoming for the first time in years but I will be there

It's not a Coaching issue; the Talent is just not there
"It's Better to Die on your Feet Than to Live on Your Knees"
"The best way to predict the future is to create it"
"No problem can be solved from the same consciousness that created it"

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2016, 10:11:00 PM »

My point exactly.  It is going to take more than 9 scholarships to get the talent back to the Valley.  This is why I plan to donate at lease $20.00 a month for scholarships.  I wish I could find at least 2,000 more willing to do the same.  That would resolve the talent issue.

I like the young talent we have a QB and they guys needs someone to refine that talent.  As well as add some offensive linemen.

Offline SpecialK

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2016, 10:22:19 PM »

My point exactly.  It is going to take more than 9 scholarships to get the talent back to the Valley.  This is why I plan to donate at lease $20.00 a month for scholarships.  I wish I could find at least 2,000 more willing to do the same.  That would resolve the talent issue.

I like the young talent we have a QB and they guys needs someone to refine that talent.  As well as add some offensive linemen.

We have to stop thinking small

Donate $200 a month then you only need to find another 200 willing to do the same

Donate $2000 a month then you only need to find another 20 willing to do the same
"It's Better to Die on your Feet Than to Live on Your Knees"
"The best way to predict the future is to create it"
"No problem can be solved from the same consciousness that created it"

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2016, 10:51:38 PM »

My point exactly.  It is going to take more than 9 scholarships to get the talent back to the Valley.  This is why I plan to donate at lease $20.00 a month for scholarships.  I wish I could find at least 2,000 more willing to do the same.  That would resolve the talent issue.

I like the young talent we have a QB and they guys needs someone to refine that talent.  As well as add some offensive linemen.

We have to stop thinking small

Donate $200 a month then you only need to find another 200 willing to do the same

Donate $2000 a month then you only need to find another 20 willing to do the same
I like to keep it simple because we all waste $20.00 a month on something.  I have been looking at how the big boys do it.  I found out that Ga Tech ask people to pay an extra $10.00 for a ticket.  The 10 goes in their scholarship fund.  Any amount for scholarships will help.  I wish I could do an automatic transfer to the scholarship fun, so I can set it and forget.

As the old saying goes a journey of a 1,000 miles begin with one step.  I want something that can be sustained for many years.  The only thing about big money is people donate it and believe it should last a life time.   What I really would love to see if a 50 - 100 million scholarship endowment for scholarship.  I would like to use half of the money generate and reinvest the other half.  That way the endowment grows and generate more money each year.

Offline sabbathchild

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2016, 05:04:30 PM »
Sort of like Clemson's 'IPTAY' they started with $10. However now is a great time to show some love build up the program where elite talent can come and not feel threaten if they don't want to stand for the national anthem. I've been catching some games on the web and personally I have to step my game up and do more in playing my part.
Each one teach one!

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2016, 10:37:31 PM »
Sort of like Clemson's 'IPTAY' they started with $10. However now is a great time to show some love build up the program where elite talent can come and not feel threaten if they don't want to stand for the national anthem. I've been catching some games on the web and personally I have to step my game up and do more in playing my part.

The IPTAY program is a beautiful thing, people.  I know some believe that giving big dollars is the best way to solve HBCUs lack of funds.  However, I just realized how great the IPTAY program really is?  I want to donate $20.00 per month for FVSU football team.  Now, I realized that if we work together, we could have one of the best programs in D2.

I asked for 2,000 people to join me.  If we donate $20.00 per month, in 9 months, we can raise $360,000.  We can fund 22.5 full scholarships and if we add that to the 9, that would be 31.5.  The amount of money we collect from the FCC should be enough to provide the other 4.5. 
FVSU will have 36 scholarships next year.

If we do not have the full allotment of scholarships for basketball, I would like to suggest we do the same thing. There is no reason that FVSU money making sports should not have their full allotment of scholarships. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 11:43:32 PM by Cats4ever »

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2016, 06:29:52 AM »
I love that collaborative, innovative thinking by the Wildcat Nation!!

[img width=200 height=200]https://pics.me.me/im-donald-j-trump-the-j-

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2016, 06:08:59 PM »
I know people have a right to do whatever they want to with their money.  I can understand the fans dislike for a coach.  What hurts me is the disservice we are doing to the students.  In the past, we have all complained about the kids in middle GA not signing with us.  LLLLLLL, I cannot blame them if they never sign with us.

Why?  It can be said that the fans of FVSU is not going to support their program.  I know we all cheered when Travis signed with us.  There were a bunch of other local football players that signed us, so I was thinking this might turn the tide.  However, I had no idea what was about to happen.  I feel that Travis’ last year is a waste because he does not have enough offensive linemen to support him.  As great of a talent he is, he has to have blocking up front, but we only have 7 offensive linemen. 

The sad part about this is other coaches can use this against us when it comes to recruiting.  Yes, he can point to the comments on the board and say, those people may not support you.  Why should you waste your time with that school when you may not get a scholarship one day?  Why should you sign with them if they are going to short change the team? You are not going to win there if there are only 20 good players on the whole team?

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News