News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: did the FAMU coach cross the line?  (Read 541 times)

Offline wsm

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
did the FAMU coach cross the line?
« on: October 01, 2016, 12:27:53 AM »
Alex Wood was highly critical of his FAMU team after last Saturday’s defeat. Do you think Wood crossed the line?

Corey: While I understand the frustrations that can come with losing each week, yeah, I think he crossed the line. To say he wishes he could replace his players doesn’t seem like a great way to get those same players to give maximum effort in practice every day. And how would he feel if those same players said they wished they could replace the coaches? It was just an unfortunate statement. But, in the end, what this team needs is a win. Just to feel good about itself again.

Jordan: He didn’t cross a line, otherwise he wouldn’t still have a job, but he certainly played jump rope with it. There are plenty of things wrong with Florida A&M’s football team, but I compare this situation to the start of basketball coach Byron Samuels’ tenure with the Rattlers. That team lost 23 straight to start his career at FAMU, and he never said a single bad thing about his players. Wood’s comments were made of frustration, but it was just a bad look.

Wayne: I do not think that he crossed the line, but I think he went about it in the wrong way. You can’t say that your team isn’t good. That just crushes morale and really just makes you look like a jerk. Saying that there are a lot of things that the team needs to work on and that they have a long way to go would have been the right way to go in that situation.

Ariya: I can understand Wood's frustrations, but telling media he would cut all of his players if he could is a bit too much. Trust is integral during a time like this when a program is struggling and the last thing players need is to feel their coach doesn't believe in them.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/2016/09/30/gameplan-three-step-drop/91369070/

Offline Brother Tony

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: did the FAMU coach cross the line?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 09:04:56 PM »
LOOKS LIKE IT WORKED
My daughter just texted me and said FAMU won.
 :shrug:
TUSKEGEE.....THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING!

"BRINGING THE WORLD TO TUSKEGEE AND TUSKEGEE TO THE WORLD"

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 09:07:54 PM »
LOOKS LIKE IT WORKED

Yup, 19-14

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 09:15:10 PM »
LOOKS LIKE IT WORKED

Had nothing to do with him. They came out with the same old schemes. The difference was the QB. Ryan Stanley, who should have been starting all season.

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

Support Onnidan

Support the Fan Forum

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support.

The pandemic has financial consequences, especially for Black-owned businesses. Ad revenue is shrinking so we are asking you directly for your financial support. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan or process your donation through Square

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule