News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: The movie - Anthropoid  (Read 230 times)

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
The movie - Anthropoid
« on: August 14, 2016, 05:21:38 PM »
.......uhhh, Cholly, B4L, soflo, Alum, Wildman, M&G, GK, et al who have an appreciation for good cinema.

Saw this movie last nite and it was BRILLIANTLY done.  I understand it was shot in a particular film to render the sense of foreboding and doom that permeates this entire movie.

For those unfamiliar, the movie is based on actual historical events. It's set in WW2 Nazi occupied Czechoslovakia.  Among other things that you are reminded of when watching this film is that, not only did the Nazis mete out brutal and ruthless treatment of the Jews within their zone of power, they could be equally as cruel to non-Jews in the countries/lands they occupied.

Invite peeps to check out other sources for the plot lines to this movie.  But in a nutshell, the Czech government in exile in London devise a plan to drop several members of the Czech resistance movement in the forests in the Czech Republic under cover of nite.

Their ultimate plan was to assassinate Hitler's Nazi governor of occupied Czech, a dude named Reinhard Heydrich. Heydrich was a particular NASTY and mean mofo.  And when I say "nasty," I'm not alluding to any kind of hip-hop terminology.  I mean dude was a completely RUTHLESS dude who, in additional to being the Number 3 most powerful person in Hitler's regime, was one of the main architects of The Final Solution, the Nazi's plan to exterminate European Jewry.

Could go on, but wont.  Y'all just need to walk not run and see this movie.

Online Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
Re: The movie - Anthropoid
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 07:55:42 PM »
I intend to watch it......on Netflix.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 06:18:06 PM »
 :shrug:.........so, I took the time to give you clowns a COMPREHENSIVE review of a very good movie, and y'all just don't give a damn?  And will allow this topic to simply slide into the ABYSS of the Discussion page forum?

And I thought some of you negroes had an appreciation for good cinema?  :(

Oh, well, guess I was wrong...................................................................... ;D

Online Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 06:22:39 PM »
I do appreciate good movies.  I just don't GO as often as I use too.

I did go see the latest Jason Bourne    :lol:

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 06:59:34 PM »
I do appreciate good movies.  I just don't GO as often as I use too.

I did go see the latest Jason Bourne    :lol:
:no:........this is a VERY unsatisfactory response, ESPECIALLY coming from someone who is so esteemed on this board as you.

Jason Bourne, as you WELL KNOW, is a FICTIONAL character.  Reinhard Heydrich, Hitler's governor of occupied Czechoslovakia, is a REAL person. And the plot to assassinate him is a REAL event.

You TOO M&G? ???

;D

Online Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 07:42:53 PM »
I know Anthropoid is based on true events, but that doesn't mean that gets me to the theater.  I did say it will be in Netflix que when it comes available.

I intend to go see these REAL black women mathematicians. That don't count?   ;D

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News