News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Onnidan are you mad enough to vote Green or Libertarian this fall?  (Read 2694 times)

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
Re: Onnidan are you mad enough to vote Green or Libertarian this fall?
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2016, 05:57:10 PM »
The African-American electorate should remind Sec. Hillary Clinton that she is the nominee because we choose her.  If we have to wait in line ... it is time to bounce.

You people have been waiting in line since 2008 and you haven't bounced. 

We are being pimped. But I think we are more aware of it now. How that changes our politics ... ??? I think we saw a generational split in the primary

It's time for Blacks to cut the pimp (democrat party) loose.  The Stockholm Syndrome is real when it comes to Blacks and politics.

Do YOU have a suggestion for a party that Blacks should support?
(EVEN THOUGH YOU "COULD CARE LESS" how your vote affects Blacks  ::)  )

O0

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • Tell em don’t play w me IM NOT THEM AND WILL NEVER
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2016, 07:54:01 PM »
Nope#I'm with Her
Not saying I’m Flawless. But I dam sure don’t tarnish.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2016, 08:01:30 PM »
The African-American electorate should remind Sec. Hillary Clinton that she is the nominee because we choose her.  If we have to wait in line ... it is time to bounce.

We are being pimped. But I think we are more aware of it now. How that changes our politics ... ??? I think we saw a generational split in the primary

It's time for Blacks to cut the pimp (democrat party) loose.  The Stockholm Syndrome is real when it comes to Blacks and politics.

(EVEN THOUGH YOU "COULD CARE LESS" how your vote affects Blacks  ::)  )

O0

No party.  Vote for the individual.  Regardless of party.  democrats are taking your votes for granted.  When a politician does that it's time to vote for the other candidate.  That's why they should be challenged in the primaries.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2016, 08:13:46 PM »
Whew... :no: :no: :no:

Tell me about it :no:  #MyHeadHurts
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2016, 09:12:37 PM »
This election is supposed to be about picking "the lesser of evils." Not exactly the way you want to go about selecting POTUS?   :no:

As of right now I don't favor any of the choices and will probably go with a write in. If the race is close in my state come November I might consider voting for Clinton.

:clap:

Considering the fact that the next President MAY get to select up to 3 justices for the Supreme Court, that's a good thing.  :nod:

But Libya? Really?

You blame her for Libya? Even though it was the President that made the call and NATO that carried it out?

And you would equate that to trumpcard who advocates killing relatives of terrorists and bringing back torture? Who wants to arm Japan with nukes and isn't against using the same anywhere, anytime?

Really?  :shrug:

Perhaps you intended the latter half of your statement for Devin?     

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2016, 09:18:42 PM »
The African-American electorate should remind Sec. Hillary Clinton that she is the nominee because we choose her.  If we have to wait in line ... it is time to bounce.

It's time for Blacks to cut the pimp (democrat party) loose.  The Stockholm Syndrome is real when it comes to Blacks and politics.

(EVEN THOUGH YOU "COULD CARE LESS" how your vote affects Blacks  ::)  )

O0

No party.  Vote for the individual.  Regardless of party.  democrats are taking your votes for granted.  When a politician does that it's time to vote for the other candidate.  That's why they should be challenged in the primaries.

y04,

In many states, you MUST be registered with a Party to vote in a primary, so one would have to choose a Party to vote for a challenger in the primaries.
That fact seems to undercut your approach for many, if not most.

Regarding being taken for granted (with which I do not agree):
And Repubs are doing NOTHING to earn "your votes" and in several states are attempting to suppress the Black vote.  So that's MORE - MUCH MORE - than a wash IMO.

Moving on...
We disagree on this as we have before.
I've explained MULTIPLE TIMES why - particularly in the hyper-partisan environment of today.
You have YET to explain how putting another person of a party in office helps when it is their party that seems hell bent on restricting Black voters access to the ballot, repealing ObamaCare (for those who support it) and are increasingly popular with Nazis, white so-called supremacists, KKK, etc.  You can respond to that...if you wish and if you can.

But,....
Let me ask you - on the off chance that you are being serious and will actually answer a straight question with a straight answer:

Your history on THIS Board does not seem to track consistently with the advice you are offering here. You defend Repubs and with rare exceptions condemn Dems. Why is that?

And:

Are YOU registered in a Party so that YOU can vote in primaries?

In other words, HAVE YOU CUT THE REPUB PARTY LOOSE like you are suggesting to us to do?

Thanks.

O0

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
  • ^Olds**ts, DUMBASSwh?y & mrwh?yers**ts Prez & Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2016, 10:57:00 PM »
This election is supposed to be about picking "the lesser of evils." Not exactly the way you want to go about selecting POTUS?   :no:

As of right now I don't favor any of the choices and will probably go with a write in. If the race is close in my state come November I might consider voting for Clinton.

:clap:

Considering the fact that the next President MAY get to select up to 3 justices for the Supreme Court, that's a good thing.  :nod:

But Libya? Really?

You blame her for Libya? Even though it was the President that made the call and NATO that carried it out?

And you would equate that to trumpcard who advocates killing relatives of terrorists and bringing back torture? Who wants to arm Japan with nukes and isn't against using the same anywhere, anytime?

Really?  :shrug:

Perhaps you intended the latter half of your statement for Devin?     

I did... but forgot to put his name in. It shall be edited.

Apologies....

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2016, 09:34:53 AM »
B66,  even  if  you  remain  a democrat ,  you  can  vote  for  the  other  person  in  the  primary .   That’s  what  the  GOP  did  to elect  Dave  Brat over  Eric  Cantor .  For  Blacks ,  if the  no  good  democrat  is  unopposed  in  the  primary  then  you  vote  for  the  other  candidate  in  the  general  election . 

It's  also  time  for  some  of  you  democrats  and  liberals  to  run  for  public  office .   

Offline DAW912

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2016, 09:42:05 AM »
I'm voting for Gary Johnson because I agree with the majority of his positions.  Plus, the Democratic and Republican Parties nominated unacceptable standard-bearers. It's a no-brainer for me.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

DAW, an endorsement from ^^^THIS ARSEWHOLE^^^ should be more than enough to give you pause to question your decision....  :tiptoe:
No, it's full steam ahead.  Johnson/Weld 2016
“At @TheSIAC media day, they wouldn’t even give us a table. They said, ‘you might want to ask one of the other schools if you can have a place to sit.’” — Coach Quinn

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2016, 09:45:54 AM »
I'm voting for Gary Johnson because I agree with the majority of his positions.  Plus, the Democratic and Republican Parties nominated unacceptable standard-bearers. It's a no-brainer for me.

DAW, an endorsement from ^^^THIS ARSEWHOLE^^^ should be more than enough to give you pause to question your decision....  :tiptoe:
No, it's full steam ahead.  Johnson/Weld 2016

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2016, 09:59:27 AM »
I can vote my conscience in local and state elections. 

As for president, there is no way in hell I can with good conscience, hand Trump the election and the power to appoint Supreme Court and federal judges, by refusing to vote for Clinton.  I don't think the presidency has a huge effect on me personally, but it's simply not worth the risk. 

The people of America spoke during the primaries.  They didn't leave me much of a choice.  :lol:

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2016, 10:08:39 AM »
Man... that's the thing.

The President DOES have power over YOUR life.

A president sent my two sons and nephew into situations where they COULD have lost their lives. Why? Because he wanted oil and revenge against saddam "who tried to kill my daddy."

That man's tax policies exploded the debt and deficit. His economic policies threw this country and the world into the SECOND worst economic disaster in modern history. His trade policies have completely restructured the American economy. He is PERSONALLY responsible for expanding and extending the gap between the rich and the rest of us and accelerating the decline of the Middle Class.

Plus, he signs the bills a right-wing congress present him, and those laws ALSO have a direct effect and affect on your (and my) life.

Top to bottom, local to national, how our leaders lead influences our lives on a DAILY basis.

We ALL should realize that.  :nod:

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2016, 02:29:11 PM »
The Supreme Court Justices appointed by Trump won't be very conservative.  They will be moderates.  They will also be less predictable.  Also, Trump would appoint at least one non judge to the United States Supreme Court.

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2016, 02:49:03 PM »
B66,  even  if  you  remain  a democrat ,  you  can  vote  for  the  other  person  in  the  primary .   That’s  what  the  GOP  did  to elect  Dave  Brat over  Eric  Cantor .  For  Blacks ,  if the  no  good  democrat  is  unopposed  in  the  primary  then  you  vote  for  the  other  candidate  in  the  general  election . 

It's  also  time  for  some  of  you  democrats  and  liberals  to  run  for  public  office .   

Reading comprehension has never been one of your strong points.

But I will refrain from re-stating the FACTS that you have ignored in your response.

So,......have you left the Repub party like you are suggesting Dems do?

If not, you are being hypocritical.

O0

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2016, 03:05:02 PM »
66, you can't spell the word hypocritical... without Y.  ;)

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule