News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Aggies Picked #1 Again in the MEAC  (Read 3180 times)

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
Re: Aggies Picked #1 Again in the MEAC
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2016, 11:45:33 PM »
I like Central to finish on top.  No SCSU, no Hampton.....
I like them to avenge their loss to BCU....
And they get us at home..... :(
The sun, moon and stars are all aligned for an Eagles championship.  I love my Aggies; we have a strong team......but Mack has had our number and it hasn't been a fluke.

The Central/A&T game at O'Kelly-Riddick Stadium may be the biggest game ever on Central's campus.  I just wish for one game, the Eagles could put some temporary bleachers up.  I can see 25,000 people wanting to see that game.

I repeat - this may be the biggest game EVER between Central and A&T.  We may have drawn bigger crowds at Carter-Finley back in the day - but from a purely competitive FCS/MEAC standpoint.....2016 will be monumental in the Aggie-Eagle rivalry.

Exactly. I've been telling my NCCU friends this here in Charlotte.

NCCU needs to capitalize on this opportunity by moving the game.  That game can easily draw 35K this year.

35K tickets X $25 = $875,000

Why don't you take care of Jackson St, and leave NCCU out of your mouth.

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
    • Jackson State University
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2016, 11:46:36 PM »
The sun, moon and stars are all aligned for an Eagles championship.  I love my Aggies; we have a strong team......but Mack has had our number and it hasn't been a fluke.

The Central/A&T game at O'Kelly-Riddick Stadium may be the biggest game ever on Central's campus.  I just wish for one game, the Eagles could put some temporary bleachers up.  I can see 25,000 people wanting to see that game.

I repeat - this may be the biggest game EVER between Central and A&T.  We may have drawn bigger crowds at Carter-Finley back in the day - but from a purely competitive FCS/MEAC standpoint.....2016 will be monumental in the Aggie-Eagle rivalry.

NCCU needs to capitalize on this opportunity by moving the game.  That game can easily draw 35K this year.

Why don't you take care of Jackson St, and leave NCCU out of your mouth.

"He aint heavy."

Offline NEIGHBORHOODSUPERSTAR

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2016, 12:23:50 AM »
If you have been to an Aggie/Eagle contest at O-R Stadium, you will know what I'm talking about with respect to increasing Central's profile.  The stadium is electric.  The entire campus and East side of Durham is electric.  Cameras during timeouts frequently show campus scenery and tidbits about the home HBCU.

Sure, NCCU could get 20,000+ people at Wallace Wade Stadium on Duke's campus......but can you honestly say the environment would be even 25% of what it would be on Central's campus?  Not even close. 

It's hard promoting the Eagle brand on the Duke Blue Devil campus.  Furthermore, I doubt Duke would ever allow Central to paint an Eagle at the 50-yard line or have Eagle logos in the endzones at Wallace Wade. 

I think more of us need to adopt a FUBU (For Us By Us) mentality.  We can't go running to the local white school to play an important HBCU football game.  I don't want to see A&T fighting Central....at Duke.  Cultivate what you have, even if what you have ain't at much as what others may have.  IT'S YOURS!!

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2016, 12:48:43 AM »
If you have been to an Aggie/Eagle contest at O-R Stadium, you will know what I'm talking about with respect to increasing Central's profile.  The stadium is electric.  The entire campus and East side of Durham is electric.  Cameras during timeouts frequently show campus scenery and tidbits about the home HBCU.

Sure, NCCU could get 20,000+ people at Wallace Wade Stadium on Duke's campus......but can you honestly say the environment would be even 25% of what it would be on Central's campus?  Not even close.  

It's hard promoting the Eagle brand on the Duke Blue Devil campus.  Furthermore, I doubt Duke would ever allow Central to paint an Eagle at the 50-yard line or have Eagle logos in the endzones at Wallace Wade.  

I think more of us need to adopt a FUBU (For Us By Us) mentality.  We can't go running to the local white school to play an important HBCU football game.  I don't want to see A&T fighting Central....at Duke.  Cultivate what you have, even if what you have ain't at much as what others may have.  IT'S YOURS!!

1. Is the game televised for that electric atmosphere?

2. I can honestly say that the atmosphere can be intensified at a larger stadium, especially when lots of fans attend an important game.

3. With a losing NC State program, I'm sure the folks in Raleigh would love to host the game. They've been b*tching since the CIAA left for Charlotte. I think the local media and NC State would be more willing to help promote the event than Duke.

4. The only way we can seriously develop a FUBU mentality is to expand our stadiums, which NCCU has no plans on doing in the foreseeable future.  HBCUs have moved their big games to larger, white-owned venues (Bayou, MCC, Florida classics, SWAC Championship) for decades and have been thriving. The large attendance numbers have translated into more revenue, sponsors, and nationally televised games.

This will be the first time in a loooooong time that both NCCU AND NCA&T will be on par when it comes to football and band. It's time for our schools to capitalize on a good opportunity by investing in our product by providing a lucrative platform and effectively marketing the event. You Eagles and Aggies are seriously missing out on media coverage and revenue keeping this game on campus.  If Miles College can have a Labor Day game at Legion Field, drawing 35K, there is no excuse for 2 of the largest HBCUs in America.

The Celebration Bowl had its doubters but it was proven to be a big success. The same can be said for the Aggies and Eagles if they move that potential monster of an event off campus.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 01:08:40 AM by DRUMMA1 »

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2016, 12:59:39 AM »
Btw, this is only for healthy dialogue. Being a native of NC, I want to see my home state schools capitalize on their potential and get on par with the visibility, attendance, electricity and notoriety of other HBCUs.

A real FUBU mentality would be to do like FAMU and BCU by renting the venue yourselves (cutting the middleman/promoter) and split the profits.  The only reasons the old Aggie-Eagle failed was because of shady promoters, rainy weather and an Aggie machine that dominated NCCU's football team and band.

That was 13 years ago. That isn't the case today. 
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 01:07:06 AM by DRUMMA1 »

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2016, 09:05:15 AM »
Btw, this is only for healthy dialogue. Being a native of NC, I want to see my home state schools capitalize on their potential and get on par with the visibility, attendance, electricity and notoriety of other HBCUs.

A real FUBU mentality would be to do like FAMU and BCU by renting the venue yourselves (cutting the middleman/promoter) and split the profits.  The only reasons the old Aggie-Eagle failed was because of shady promoters, rainy weather and an Aggie machine that dominated NCCU's football team and band.

Yeah....that's why you went out of state to college...and now have all these "improvements" for North Carolina schools.

Dude have a seat.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2016, 09:19:39 AM »
How can i get a reserve tix on the NCCU side?

Call the NCCU ticket office 919-530-5170.   If you want one of the reserved ESL seats be prepared to pay $86 for one ticket.  THAT'S RIGHT $86!!!!!!!   There are non ESL reserved seats also.  They will cost at least $50.

So what is the difference in the 50 and 86 buck ticket. I asked a friend that's an Eagle alum and I thought he was kidding

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2016, 09:20:47 AM »

A real FUBU mentality would be to do like FAMU and BCU by renting the venue yourselves (cutting the middleman/promoter) and split the profits.  The only reasons the old Aggie-Eagle failed was because of shady promoters, rainy weather and an Aggie machine that dominated NCCU's football team and band.

Yeah....that's why you went out of state to college...and now have all these "improvements" for North Carolina schools.

Dude have a seat.

Huh?  I went to the best school that provided me with the most money.  A lot of NC kids are choosing SWAC schools and other HHCUs.

That doesn't negate anything that I have stated.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 09:25:17 AM by DRUMMA1 »

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2016, 09:26:21 AM »

No one wants to play in that dump which is called Charlotte Memorial.

And when u show numbers , show the rental fees, cops , and other fees. And don't forget lost money on concessions for the home school

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2016, 09:57:56 AM »
Respect your season ticket holders, boosters, and your students.  After all, we are the ones who attend the other games and we have more skin in the game than casual fans.  I like our home-field advantage and have no desire to give it away when it's our turn to host the Aggies.  The Charlotte eagles can drive up here for this game (or take a train), just like they do for homecoming.

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2016, 10:34:32 AM »

No one wants to play in that dump which is called Charlotte Memorial.

And when u show numbers , show the rental fees, cops , and other fees. And don't forget lost money on concessions for the home school

I did not mention Memorial Stadium in Charlotte.

As for the rental costs, you can contact their stadium facilities department and they can provide you with the figures.

Offline Jeff Aggie Fan

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2016, 11:18:14 AM »
Drauma 1- Why did Alcorn decided to move their game with Jackson State from a classic game in Jackson to a home and home series.

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2016, 11:30:35 AM »
If you have been to an Aggie/Eagle contest at O-R Stadium, you will know what I'm talking about with respect to increasing Central's profile.  The stadium is electric.  The entire campus and East side of Durham is electric.  Cameras during timeouts frequently show campus scenery and tidbits about the home HBCU.

Sure, NCCU could get 20,000+ people at Wallace Wade Stadium on Duke's campus......but can you honestly say the environment would be even 25% of what it would be on Central's campus?  Not even close.  

It's hard promoting the Eagle brand on the Duke Blue Devil campus.  Furthermore, I doubt Duke would ever allow Central to paint an Eagle at the 50-yard line or have Eagle logos in the endzones at Wallace Wade.  

I think more of us need to adopt a FUBU (For Us By Us) mentality.  We can't go running to the local white school to play an important HBCU football game.  I don't want to see A&T fighting Central....at Duke.  Cultivate what you have, even if what you have ain't at much as what others may have.  IT'S YOURS!!

1. Is the game televised for that electric atmosphere?

2. I can honestly say that the atmosphere can be intensified at a larger stadium, especially when lots of fans attend an important game.

3. With a losing NC State program, I'm sure the folks in Raleigh would love to host the game. They've been b*tching since the CIAA left for Charlotte. I think the local media and NC State would be more willing to help promote the event than Duke.

4. The only way we can seriously develop a FUBU mentality is to expand our stadiums, which NCCU has no plans on doing in the foreseeable future.  HBCUs have moved their big games to larger, white-owned venues (Bayou, MCC, Florida classics, SWAC Championship) for decades and have been thriving. The large attendance numbers have translated into more revenue, sponsors, and nationally televised games.

This will be the first time in a loooooong time that both NCCU AND NCA&T will be on par when it comes to football and band. It's time for our schools to capitalize on a good opportunity by investing in our product by providing a lucrative platform and effectively marketing the event. You Eagles and Aggies are seriously missing out on media coverage and revenue keeping this game on campus.  If Miles College can have a Labor Day game at Legion Field, drawing 35K, there is no excuse for 2 of the largest HBCUs in America.

The Celebration Bowl had its doubters but it was proven to be a big success. The same can be said for the Aggies and Eagles if they move that potential monster of an event off campus.

How can you talk about expanding stadiums when the data clearly shows college football attendance has been dropping over the last 6 years (SWAC included)?

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2016, 12:18:53 PM »

wallace wade stadium on duke’s campus has been completely “overhauled” and beautifully renovated.  it only seats 34k which is “ideal” for an aggie/eagle matchup.  wade stadium wouldn’t swallow up 30k folks like nc state’s or unc’s stadiums would.  so the “size” of wade stadium is perfect for the aggie/eagle. 

but i agree that duke would never allow an hbcu to use their stadium for the aggie/eagle.  i just don’t see that happening, at all...

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2016, 12:30:15 PM »
Drauma 1- Why did Alcorn decided to move their game with Jackson State from a classic game in Jackson to a home and home series.

They moved their game back to their 23,000 seat stadium because they stood to make more money that way as opposed to what the promoters of the CCC were providing them.

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News