News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Aggies Picked #1 Again in the MEAC  (Read 3141 times)

Offline A&T AGGIE 96

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Aggies Picked #1 Again in the MEAC
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2016, 11:40:59 AM »
Superstar speaks the truth...if things line up right there could be 25K ready to pay to see that game...don't make it hard to take our money. I haven't been to a Aggie/eagle on centrals campus because it's such a hassle.

Truth be told I'd go to see nccu play when I can't make it to Aggie games but parking and stadium comfort are real issues in bird land.

Centrals got a winning product so make it easier for fans to support you. 

Offline NEIGHBORHOODSUPERSTAR

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2016, 12:47:06 PM »
I love going to A&T/NCCU games.....honestly moreso at Central than at Greensboro.  I just think the environment at O-R Stadium is better than at Aggie Stadium.....primarily because it's small, tight and you're right up on the field.  Now that definitely prevents stadium expansion, but it does invite a more raucous and chaotic environment.  Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have Aggie Stadium for football and Corbett Center for basketball (vs M-M Gymnasium), but the game day environment is better at Central's venues for these sports due to their "structural limitations."

For me, I'm always gonna make the games at Central.  I'm not one who looks at their stadium as being too small and cramped.  It's A&T vs Central - nuff said.  However, others ain't like me.  The only way I see Central's stadium expanding is if they knock down the visitor's side an construct a larger visitor side.  From what I recall, the other sides of the stadiums really cannot be expanded due to physical restraints.  Correct me if I'm wrong Eagles - you all know your surroundings better than me......

Offline The Sloping Hills and Verdent Green

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2016, 12:48:23 PM »
Superstar speaks the truth...if things line up right there could be 25K ready to pay to see that game...don't make it hard to take our money. I haven't been to a Aggie/Eagle on NC Central's campus because it's such a hassle.

Truth be told I'd go to see NCCU play when I can't make it to Aggie games but parking and stadium comfort are real issues in bird land.

Centrals got a winning product so make it easier for fans to support you.

The issue is our stadium is in the heart of our campus and not on one of the edges of campus.  The University is landlocked and parking around campus is spread out.  BTW, parking at aggie stadium is an issue also.  Seating at OKR is comfortable if you arrive early.   BTW, this game will not be moved to Duke or any other ACC school in the area.

LOOK OUT MEAC WE ARE BACK AND READY

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2016, 12:54:27 PM »
I love going to A&T/NCCU games.....honestly moreso at Central than at Greensboro.  I just think the environment at O-R Stadium is better than at Aggie Stadium.....primarily because it's small, tight and you're right up on the field.  Now that definitely prevents stadium expansion, but it does invite a more raucous and chaotic environment.  Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have Aggie Stadium for football and Corbett Center for basketball (vs M-M Gymnasium), but the game day environment is better at Central's venues for these sports due to their "structural limitations."

For me, I'm always gonna make the games at Central.  I'm not one who looks at their stadium as being too small and cramped.  It's A&T vs Central - nuff said.  However, others ain't like me.  The only way I see Central's stadium expanding is if they knock down the visitor's side an construct a larger visitor side.  From what I recall, the other sides of the stadiums really cannot be expanded due to physical restraints.  Correct me if I'm wrong Eagles - you all know your surroundings better than me......

Actually the home side was built to add a second tier.  The plans are to enclose the open areas between the home side, endzone seats, and the visitor's side (one continuous horseshoe shape style).

I have always said that Aggie Stadium is not intimidating because the fans sit so far away from the players.  At OKR the fans are right on top of the players and does make for a raucous and loud environment, especially for the visiting team.

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2016, 01:06:08 PM »
I say let nccu do for what works best for them. Can't always make major changes based on one game.  You have to be careful about adding seats when fan attendance is declining everywhere. If they want to increase revenue for that game then just increase ticket prices.

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2016, 01:20:06 PM »
I'm not telling Central what to do.  It would be nice to see them make as much money from the A&T game this year as they can.  This game could easily get 20,000 people in the fences if their stadium could hold that amount.  That's why I mentioned temporary bleachers (if their stadium could fit them in, which one of their posters says they can't).  That's cool.  Like I said, whether it be 10,000 or 18,000 folks crammed into their stadium in November, I'll be one of them  ;)

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2016, 01:22:16 PM »
I say let nccu do for what works best for them. Can't always make major changes based on one game.  You have to be careful about adding seats when fan attendance is declining everywhere. If they want to increase revenue for that game then just increase ticket prices.

Here is the pricing for all NCCU home games this year - http://www.nccueaglepride.com/sports/2010/6/22/ATHL_0622102909.aspx?&tab=6

You can see GA tickets are $35 in advance and $45 on game day.  Reserved seats are $50 for non ESL seats and $85 for ESL seats.

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2016, 01:22:56 PM »
I say let nccu do for what works best for them. Can't always make major changes based on one game.  You have to be careful about adding seats when fan attendance is declining everywhere. If they want to increase revenue for that game then just increase ticket prices.

Decks,

there you go using common sense again....
:lmao:

Offline AggieManiac704

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2016, 02:01:31 PM »
i feel sorry for the ESPN crew if they end up at NCCU for that last game.

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2016, 02:13:05 PM »
i feel sorry for the ESPN crew if they end up at NCCU for that last game.

ESPN has been at OKR before.  If that game is on TV I feel for our Chancellor.  She will have to give up her box for the broadcasters.  The visiting radio crew will be jammed up into a smaller place.  Billy Covington needs a room all to himself.   :lmao:   I could not resist giving my homeboy some grief.

Online Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2016, 02:34:21 PM »
I know neither you birds or dogs want to here what a POWERFUL RAM has to say but...

I have enjoyed games between WSSU and both of ya'll better at Centrals facility. It could have been because the seats are right on the field, or it could be that we beat Central more on their field than we did the Aggies on theirs.  :lol:

Offline Jeff Aggie Fan

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2016, 05:35:02 PM »
Back to Football. That NCCU-Norfolk game on Sept 24 could be a nail bitter.  I also think SCSU is licking it chops right now with not really any pressure this year.  I would like to thank Coach Pugh for helping A&T secure a Bowl spot with that dumb fake punt that didn't work.

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
    • Jackson State University
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2016, 09:34:19 PM »
I like Central to finish on top.  No SCSU, no Hampton.....
I like them to avenge their loss to BCU....
And they get us at home..... :(
The sun, moon and stars are all aligned for an Eagles championship.  I love my Aggies; we have a strong team......but Mack has had our number and it hasn't been a fluke.

The Central/A&T game at O'Kelly-Riddick Stadium may be the biggest game ever on Central's campus.  I just wish for one game, the Eagles could put some temporary bleachers up.  I can see 25,000 people wanting to see that game.

I repeat - this may be the biggest game EVER between Central and A&T.  We may have drawn bigger crowds at Carter-Finley back in the day - but from a purely competitive FCS/MEAC standpoint.....2016 will be monumental in the Aggie-Eagle rivalry.

Exactly. I've been telling my NCCU friends this here in Charlotte.

NCCU needs to capitalize on this opportunity by moving the game.  That game can easily draw 35K this year.

35K tickets X $25 = $875,000

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2016, 10:44:17 PM »
I never said anything about moving the game to a different venue.  :no:
It would take away from the campus environment and local East Durham atmosphere if that was to happen.  Central needs a game like this AT HOME to stamp its football mark in the MEAC and to increase its MEAC/FCS profile. 

I've suffered before at O-R Stadium to see A&T and Central fight tooth and nail.  I can suffer for another 3 hours at O-R Stadium to see another epic battle.

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
    • Jackson State University
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2016, 11:44:50 PM »
How will a home game increase your FCS profile as opposed to playing in a large venue with 30K fans?

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News