News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Aggies Picked #1 Again in the MEAC  (Read 3149 times)

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Aggies Picked #1 Again in the MEAC
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2016, 10:43:33 PM »
BCU hosts both NCCU and A&T.  A&T might be the most talented team, but they always have a hiccup. 

NCCU's offense is going to be very good this year though.  Watch out.

We had a lot of depth on the OL last year.  If you remember 2 of our starters on the OL did not play against A&T because of injuries.  Our 2 best WRs were injured and out for the rest of the season after the 3rd game.  No one is even talking about their return.  They both have blazing speed.
Sometimes you talk too much.  Let them wait and see.

I was thinking the same thing.  Let them talk.  We will take 3rd during the pre-season.  :snicker
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2016, 08:04:05 AM »
BCU hosts both NCCU and A&T.  A&T might be the most talented team, but they always have a hiccup. 

We had a lot of depth on the OL last year.  If you remember 2 of our starters on the OL did not play against A&T because of injuries.  Our 2 best WRs were injured and out for the rest of the season after the 3rd game.  No one is even talking about their return.  They both have blazing speed.

I was thinking the same thing.  Let them talk.  We will take 3rd during the pre-season.  :snicker

Now Pride, it is know secret that I want you guys to stomp a hole in those dogs, but you have beaten them two times in a row and they still won the title. It seems to me that its those other schools ya'll need to worry about. If you don't take care of the others, those Aggies will be champs again... just sayin.  :shrug:

Offline Rich Eagle

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2016, 12:26:33 PM »
That right 55. keep trying to take care of the next team up. ;D
" IT is HE that gives us the ability to do all things"

Offline The Sloping Hills and Verdent Green

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2016, 12:48:49 PM »

Now Pride, it is know secret that I want you guys to stomp a hole in those dogs, but you have beaten them two times in a row and they still won the title. It seems to me that its those other schools ya'll need to worry about. If you don't take care of the others, those Aggies will be champs again... just sayin.  :shrug:

Ram55,

The aggies have been co-champs for the past 2 years (not outright champs).  By us beating them NCCU has won a share of the MEAC championship also.  Had it not been for a horrible call by refs last year in our game against B-CU, NCCU would have won the MEAC title outright and gone to the Celebration Bowl.  You know it was a bad call by the refs when even the B-CU fans say that NCCU got robbed.

LOOK OUT MEAC WE ARE BACK AND READY

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2016, 12:59:17 PM »
That NCCU vs BCU game shouldn't have been that close tho. NCCU was up 26 to 7 with 3:36 left in the 3rd. You guys let up. Don't blame that one play

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2016, 02:45:19 PM »

everybody in the meac could say, "coulda, woulda, shoulda".  hail, we could also say, "coulda, woulda, shoulda" relative to a single play that cost us a couple of meac losses over the last two years that prevented us from outright meac titles. 

bottom line?  it is what it is, ain't no "coulda, woulda, shoulda".  the end result is in the record books and "coulda, woulda, shoulda" ain't gone change that.

and by the way, everybody had "injuries" last season.  we loss not 1, but 2 of our key wr's for the entire season before we even played our first game and both of them are back this season.  we also return another very dangerous rb who sat out last season due to "non-football" related issues.  so everybody can say they didn't have key players participate last year for whatever reason...

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2016, 03:48:52 PM »

everybody in the meac could say, "coulda, woulda, shoulda".  hail, we could also say, "coulda, woulda, shoulda" relative to a single play that cost us a couple of meac losses over the last two years that prevented us from outright meac titles. 

bottom line?  it is what it is, ain't no "coulda, woulda, shoulda".  the end result is in the record books and "coulda, woulda, shoulda" ain't gone change that.

and by the way, everybody had "injuries" last season.  we loss not 1, but 2 of our key wr's for the entire season before we even played our first game and both of them are back this season.  we also return another very dangerous rb who sat out last season due to "non-football" related issues.  so everybody can say they didn't have key players participate last year for whatever reason...

I think that's what we have been trying to say.  For everybody, this is a different year with different teams.  Some players improved over the summer and some didn't.  Let's just wait and see.  As folks are focusing on NCCU, A&T and BCU, teams like NSU, Hampton and SCSU could end up winning it.  I think they got the "Pre season" about right, now let's get ready to play some ball.
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2016, 05:11:22 PM »

I think that's what we have been trying to say.  For everybody, this is a different year with different teams.  Some players improved over the summer and some didn't.  Let's just wait and see.  As folks are focusing on NCCU, A&T and BCU, teams like NSU, Hampton and SCSU could end up winning it.  I think they got the "Pre season" about right, now let's get ready to play some ball.

I'm glad we avoid playing both of these teams. 

Offline Rich Eagle

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2016, 05:44:14 PM »
It matters not who you play, you must take care of business.
" IT is HE that gives us the ability to do all things"

Offline NEIGHBORHOODSUPERSTAR

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2016, 10:32:40 PM »
I like Central to finish on top.  No SCSU, no Hampton.....
I like them to avenge their loss to BCU....
And they get us at home..... :(
The sun, moon and stars are all aligned for an Eagles championship.  I love my Aggies; we have a strong team......but Mack has had our number and it hasn't been a fluke.

The Central/A&T game at O'Kelly-Riddick Stadium may be the biggest game ever on Central's campus.  I just wish for one game, the Eagles could put some temporary bleachers up.  I can see 25,000 people wanting to see that game.

I repeat - this may be the biggest game EVER between Central and A&T.  We may have drawn bigger crowds at Carter-Finley back in the day - but from a purely competitive FCS/MEAC standpoint.....2016 will be monumental in the Aggie-Eagle rivalry.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2016, 10:49:22 PM »
The sun, moon and stars are all aligned for an Eagles championship.  I love my Aggies; we have a strong team......but Mack has had our number and it hasn't been a fluke.

The Central/A&T game at O'Kelly-Riddick Stadium may be the biggest game ever on Central's campus.  I just wish for one game, the Eagles could put some temporary bleachers up.  I can see 25,000 people wanting to see that game.

I repeat - this may be the biggest game EVER between Central and A&T.  We may have drawn bigger crowds at Carter-Finley back in the day - but from a purely competitive FCS/MEAC standpoint.....2016 will be monumental in the Aggie-Eagle rivalry.

Where exactly would those temp seats be constructed?

Just camp out overnight so you can get your seat.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2016, 01:40:10 AM »
How can i get a reserve tix on the NCCU side?

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2016, 02:53:57 AM »
How can i get a reserve tix on the NCCU side?

Call the NCCU ticket office 919-530-5170.   If you want one of the reserved ESL seats be prepared to pay $86 for one ticket.  THAT'S RIGHT $86!!!!!!!   There are non ESL reserved seats also.  They will cost at least $50.

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2016, 03:00:48 AM »

There is really is no place to put temp bleachers inside of the stadium area.  We will probably do as we have done for the past 3 NCCU - A&T games in Durham.  There will be a jumbotron in the track area.  Bring your lawn chairs and enjoy the game.  I think in 2010 there was about 15,000+ at that game.  That is probably the largest crowd ever for a football game at NCCU.

I can see both NCCU and A&T coming into that game with 7 - 0 MEAC records.  It will be a winner take all game.

Offline A&T AGGIE 96

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2016, 11:40:50 AM »
Superstar speaks the truth...if things line up right there could be 25K ready to pay to see that game...don't make it hard to take our money. I haven't been to a Aggie/eagle on centrals campus because it's such a hassle.

Truth be told I'd go to see nccu play when I can't make it to Aggie games but parking and stadium comfort are real issues in bird land.

Centrals got a winning product so make it easier for fans to support you.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News