News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Fort Valley State searching for new AD  (Read 3262 times)

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.
Re: Fort Valley State searching for new AD
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2016, 10:19:02 AM »
FVSU football is about to come back STRONG, like it use to be.We will defeat ALBANY ST. for the next 6 years or more to extend our winning streak!!!

Rome was not built in a day. Gonna take some time to rebuild what has been dismantled over the past decade or so. 

And as far as enrollment increase, let's just say - The Board isn't through "merging"....

#WaitOnIt
FVSU takes over ABAC. ;D :popcorn:
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2016, 10:21:08 AM »
Old Cat:

It does not matter who you all get as a coach, We are still going to dominate FVSU in all sports.

We will have 9000 students next year which means more money for the budget.
You still can only offer 36 scholarships. :tiptoe:

Offline Golden Ram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://Albany State Ram
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2016, 10:35:18 AM »
Catsforever:

You can expand your recruiting base and get 36 quality players.

Offline #1wildcatfan

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2016, 01:43:32 PM »
See this is what I was referring to. People stopped giving on the account of the AD and coach, now we have a new coach, and looking for a new AD; yet, the budget is low for scholarships and it is expected for this coach to win games in at least 2 years. Not understanding that this is a program and it requires money to have a program. I'm elated that the two left shoes have left, but I continued to give. It's sad that others didn't see the major point. They gave in other areas is and what was stated in the past. I'm hoping that is and was true. I do know that it will take more than two years to reach a goal of $400,000.00; and that's the low end of the spectrum. Again, I am glad that those two are gone.

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2016, 05:15:17 PM »
FVSU football is about to come back STRONG, like it use to be.We will defeat ALBANY ST. for the next 6 years or more to extend our winning streak!!!

Glad to see even in the midst of yall's turmoil, ASU remains at the focal point...... I give it 2 or 3 more Classic a-- Whoopings, this new coach and AD will be gone too!

You all are on your 3rd coach in what 30+ years?   We are on our 5th in 15.....most of that due to a bevy of administrative changes at the top. 

I said that to say this - stability is a powerful thing, and you and a lot of others are only one bad administration / decision away from being in a similar boat. 

Contrary to what SOME believe we aren't unreasonable people.  And we aren't expecting to be world beaters  - I actually expect very little this year.  But by year 3 I do expect to see marked improvement on the field, and I expect Alumni will continue to contribute and we will have an AD in place that has vision and an innovative plan to increase revenue outside of nickeling and diming the Alumni to death.
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2016, 05:33:14 PM »
See this is what I was referring to. People stopped giving on the account of the AD and coach, now we have a new coach, and looking for a new AD; yet, the budget is low for scholarships and it is expected for this coach to win games in at least 2 years. Not understanding that this is a program and it requires money to have a program. I'm elated that the two left shoes have left, but I continued to give. It's sad that others didn't see the major point. They gave in other areas is and what was stated in the past. I'm hoping that is and was true. I do know that it will take more than two years to reach a goal of $400,000.00; and that's the low end of the spectrum. Again, I am glad that those two are gone.
We should be able to raise that amount every year.  Heck, I did some calculation on what it would take to fully fund all our current programs.  It will take 1,282,800 to provide enough scholarships to be at the top of DII.  We must realieze it take money to win in sports. 

Offline ASUALum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2016, 10:33:51 AM »

Glad to see even in the midst of yall's turmoil, ASU remains at the focal point...... I give it 2 or 3 more Classic a-- Whoopings, this new coach and AD will be gone too!

You all are on your 3rd coach in what 30+ years?   We are on our 5th in 15.....most of that due to a bevy of administrative changes at the top. 

I said that to say this - stability is a powerful thing, and you and a lot of others are only one bad administration / decision away from being in a similar boat. 

Contrary to what SOME believe we aren't unreasonable people.  And we aren't expecting to be world beaters  - I actually expect very little this year.  But by year 3 I do expect to see marked improvement on the field, and I expect Alumni will continue to contribute and we will have an AD in place that has vision and an innovative plan to increase revenue outside of nickeling and diming the Alumni to death.

I was speaking to the point that even in the midst, beating us is still apart of yall's thought process right now... You're right.. Stability is a powerful thing and it's something Fort Valley needs to correct along with a host of other things before talks about beating ASU or any other program...
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
"Detrimental" Delta Xi

"Excuses are tools of incompetence, used to build monuments of nothingness and those who specialize in them will never succeed"

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2016, 04:58:47 PM »
Don't say y'all.  I don't give a damn what the Rams do and never have.    

Now a FEW fools do and unfortunately that's why we ended up with Pittman's sorry @zz - he was turned down 3 times before that and those dummies basically hired him out of pity.   (It ain't just what I heard it's what I know).  Most of us were like WTF?

We wanna win period no matter the opponent.   Albany State is one of many - don't make a damn bit of difference if we can beat you but can't beat anybody else.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 05:18:53 PM by Valley Girl »

Offline ASUALum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2016, 03:20:44 PM »
Don't say y'all.  I don't give a damn what the Rams do and never have.    

Now a FEW fools do and unfortunately that's why we ended up with Pittman's sorry @zz - he was turned down 3 times before that and those dummies basically hired him out of pity.   (It ain't just what I heard it's what I know).  Most of us were like WTF?

We wanna win period no matter the opponent.   Albany State is one of many - don't make a damn bit of difference if we can beat you but can't beat anybody else.

You're absolutely correct...
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
"Detrimental" Delta Xi

"Excuses are tools of incompetence, used to build monuments of nothingness and those who specialize in them will never succeed"

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
  • Mr. S.I.A.C./Mr. S.W.A.C.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MilesGoldenBears.com
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2016, 11:38:30 AM »
Alrighty are there any Candidates for AD?
"The Bears Den" and "The ASU Hornets Hive", WSSU
"CME Bowl Champions for Life"
Steel City Classic Champions 01,02,03,05,06
2004 Alabama State University SWAC Champs
2007 Football Attendance Champs
2011,2013,2015 SIAC West Div. Football Champions
2011,2015 SIAC Football Champs
2011 Pioneer Bow

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2016, 02:22:22 PM »
I entrust that the leaders of FVSU will do what is right and required at this time.

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2016, 08:29:32 AM »
I entrust that the leaders of FVSU will do what is right and required at this time.

I'm glad YOU do.....

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2016, 11:47:28 AM »

After what I witnessed this past weekend at the National Alumni Association Biennial Conference, we are BEYOND prayer. We need Jesus himself to come down off the cross.

that's all...   ???

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
  • Mr. S.I.A.C./Mr. S.W.A.C.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MilesGoldenBears.com
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2016, 01:54:42 PM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :snicker :snicker :lmao: :lmao:
"The Bears Den" and "The ASU Hornets Hive", WSSU
"CME Bowl Champions for Life"
Steel City Classic Champions 01,02,03,05,06
2004 Alabama State University SWAC Champs
2007 Football Attendance Champs
2011,2013,2015 SIAC West Div. Football Champions
2011,2015 SIAC Football Champs
2011 Pioneer Bow

Offline EL JAY

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.valiant-gs.com
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2016, 04:09:39 PM »
:lol: :lol: :lol: :snicker :snicker :lmao: :lmao:

I KNOOOOW you not snickering...your little radgity school has only recently got on stable ground.  lol
Heeeeeeey Tuskegee......

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News