News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Court Overturns Virginia Transgender Bathroom Rule  (Read 2657 times)

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Court Overturns Virginia Transgender Bathroom Rule
« on: April 19, 2016, 02:29:20 PM »
Fourth Circuit includes North Carolina.   :popcorn:

By LARRY O'DELL, Associated Press

RICHMOND, Va. — A policy barring a transgender student from using the boys' restrooms at his Virginia high school is discriminatory, a federal appeals court ruled Tuesday.

In a case closely watched by public schools and transgender-rights activists across the country, a three-judge panel of the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals overturned the Gloucester County School Board's policy. A federal judge had previously rejected Gloucester High School student Gavin Grimm's sex discrimination claim.

Transgender rights have become the latest civil rights battleground issue across the country after the Supreme Court laid to rest the gay marriage debate when it ruled last year that same-sex couples had the right to marry. The issue was thrust further into public consciousness in 2015 when Olympic athlete and reality TV star Bruce Jenner disclosed his transgender identity and name change to Caitlyn Jenner.

The appeals court's ruling establishes legal precedent in every state in the 4th Circuit, including North Carolina, which faces a lawsuit challenging a new state law requiring transgender people to use the public bathroom that corresponds to the sex listed on their birth certificate. The sweeping law, which also barred cities from passing anti-discrimination ordinances like one recently passed in Charlotte, has prompted a national backlash. Businesses and politicians have announced boycotts of North Carolina, and legal challenges ensure that the wedge issue will dominate Republican Gov. Pat McCrory's re-election campaign.

Read more at http://www.wral.com/court-overturns-virginia-school-s-transgender-bathroom-rule/15651089/#4dHLCKiHljvWBzhp.99

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
Re: Court Overturns Virginia Transgender Bathroom Rule
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 02:55:59 PM »
So, is y clear on which port-o-let he can use?

:lmao:

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 03:25:47 PM »

:lmao: :lmao:

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 03:45:11 PM »

Hell  no !   

I'll  keep  using  the  2nd  one  to  the  right .   Then  straight  on  till  morning . 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 03:46:39 PM »

Hell  no !   

I'll  keep  using  the  2nd  one  to  the  right .   Then  straight  on  till  morning . 

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 03:57:41 PM »
 :lol:...........look, all jokes aside.

I'm scratching my head trying to understand why these southern state legislators are so seemingly OBSESSED about who uses WHAT bathroom?  :shrug:  A similar bill was pulled from advancing in the Rocky Top state legislature just yesterday, but the sponsors say they are going to reintroduce it next year's legislative session......................WHY???

These various bills are being mainly pushed by southern white males, and there is something psycho-sexual going on with all of this, but i just can't put my finger on it.  When I enter a public bathroom, I'm immediately trying to locate a urinal so I can relieve myself, or a stall to evacuate my bowels.  I'm simply not concerned with the "birth gender" of the other folks inside, ESPECIALLY if a mofo, too, is standing in front of a stall.

Seriously, do any of you peeps KNOW what's driving all of these "bathroom" bills?  :shrug:

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 04:03:32 PM »

I'm scratching my head trying to understand why these southern state legislators are so seemingly OBSESSED about who uses WHAT bathroom?  :shrug:  A similar bill was pulled from advancing in the Rocky Top state legislature just yesterday, but the sponsors say they are going to reintroduce it next year's legislative session......................WHY???

These various bills are being mainly pushed by southern white males, and there is something psycho-sexual going on with all of this, but i just can't put my finger on it.  When I enter a public bathroom, I'm immediately trying to locate a urinal so I can relieve myself, or a stall to evacuate my bowels.  I'm simply not concerned with the "birth gender" of the other folks inside, ESPECIALLY if a mofo, too, is standing in front of a stall.

Seriously, do any of you peeps KNOW what's driving all of these "bathroom" bills?  :shrug:

strike, I am really curious about you. It's funny how you don't understand that there are people trying to stop the cultural and moral rot in this country. LISTEN TO THIS IDIOT AND YOU DECIDE. I don't think bills have any thing to the psycobabble you're trying to implicate or hang on the men and women want to stop this BS.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 04:15:32 PM by oldsport »

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 04:19:19 PM »

I'm scratching my head trying to understand why these southern state legislators are so seemingly OBSESSED about who uses WHAT bathroom?  :shrug:  A similar bill was pulled from advancing in the Rocky Top state legislature just yesterday, but the sponsors say they are going to reintroduce it next year's legislative session......................WHY???

These various bills are being mainly pushed by southern white males, and there is something psycho-sexual going on with all of this, but i just can't put my finger on it.  When I enter a public bathroom, I'm immediately trying to locate a urinal so I can relieve myself, or a stall to evacuate my bowels.  I'm simply not concerned with the "birth gender" of the other folks inside, ESPECIALLY if a mofo, too, is standing in front of a stall.

Seriously, do any of you peeps KNOW what's driving all of these "bathroom" bills?  :shrug:

From my perspective, I think it's fear of the unknown and a bit of ignorance. According to my elders and well-respected peeps, this is a similar argument most white, so-called Christian southerners adopted wh n folks wanted to abolish their separatists belief structure. After my cousins funeral, my beloved aunt and I were discussing this. She remembered the whites saying by abolishing that Jim Crow mentality, somehow the water fountains, bathrooms, swimming pools, et al would mysteriously change if a black person used them. That is what's behind most folks who oppose this. They will give you all this morality speech but absolutely overlook what's in front of them. They fail to recognize th faults of their own ways but not want to see things thru the lenses of others. It's sad that this is what we've devolved to as a so-called educated people. They spend too much time focusing on differences instead of embracing similarities.

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 04:24:30 PM »
Do not people on airplanes use the same bath room??

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 04:26:54 PM »

From my perspective, I think it's fear of the unknown and a bit of ignorance. According to my elders and well-respected peeps, this is a similar argument most white, so-called Christian southerners adopted wh n folks wanted to abolish their separatists belief structure. After my cousins funeral, my beloved aunt and I were discussing this. She remembered the whites saying by abolishing that Jim Crow mentality, somehow the water fountains, bathrooms, swimming pools, et al would mysteriously change if a black person used them. That is what's behind most folks who oppose this. They will give you all this morality speech but absolutely overlook what's in front of them. They fail to recognize th faults of their own ways but not want to see things thru the lenses of others. It's sad that this is what we've devolved to as a so-called educated people. They spend too much time focusing on differences instead of embracing similarities.

This is not about fear of the unknown - IDIOT.

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2016, 04:28:58 PM »

And the bathroom when you shut the GD door is private. Look IDIOT....these folk want to force the aberrant life style on folk. This like the young man said, this is not about civil rights. It's about forcing you to accept their lifestyle and behavior.

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2016, 04:30:27 PM »
No one is forcing you to use said facilities. Hold it to ya get home if you don't want to go in public. Last I checked, public was for all peoples, not just your peoples....

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2016, 04:36:46 PM »

And the bathroom when you shut the GD door is private. Look IDIOT....these folk want to force the aberrant life style on folk. This like the young man said, this is not about civil rights. It's about forcing you to accept their lifestyle and behavior.

LISTEN TO THIS IDIOT AND YOU DECIDE.

The same young man you referenced as an idiot in your above post? and ya want us to listen to him. See, now we know why you are so off center,,,,,,you listen to idiots and base your thoughts and beliefs from their idiotic positions...you are one completely & totally dumbassed individual....

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2016, 10:00:54 PM »

Your aunt doesn't know the history of why Jim Crow laws were originally implemented.   
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2016, 10:26:11 PM »
Didn't ask her if she knew the history of why they were implemented as it had absolutely zero significance to what we were discussing.

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule