News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: UCONN Lady Huskies  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
Re: UCONN Lady Huskies
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2016, 11:30:03 AM »
Actually, not really. The rest of the SEC hasn't caught up. In fact, the SEC as it is right now, is WEAKER than it's been in years. We (LSU) have fallen off (and quiet as it's kept, Nikki will be outta here next season more than likely), Georgia is a shell of it's former self, Auburn is average, Vandy is average, and UK is stuck at sweet sixteen level. This is the worst the SEC has ever been...................and the fact that UT finished with a .500 record in the conference is mostly the reason Holly is probably on her way out
I am now on Facebook! Come check me out...
 http://www.facebook.com/people/Ivan-Guillory/1249473291

SIAC All Sports Champions - 1990, ‘91, ‘92, ‘00, ‘01, ‘02, ‘06, ‘08

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2016, 12:00:46 PM »
Yes, but the turnover at Georgia was needed. I was ready for ol Andy to exit stage left. Georgia wasn't as bad I thought they would be under Joni. Florida ironically is better and so is Mississippi State(outside of the UCONN beatdown). The perennial powers in SEC women has shifted significantly, but I expect it to stabilize once these coaches get their teams together. Now, LSU hasn't been same since old girl left.

that's all...

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2016, 12:06:33 PM »
We shall see. But as it stands, the SEC is the weakest its ever been. All you have to do is observe how the conference has done in the NCAA tournament for evidence. No one regards it as the premiere women's conference any more. Sure, MSU LOOKS better. But at no point did they look like a final four contender. Until USC learns to play hard for forty minutes, and develop a perimeter game, they'll be stuck where they are as well. They have the talent to beat UConn but don't play with NEAR the execution or intensity. Their dominance of the conference is a result of the SEC being weaker, not because they're an outstanding team.

Offline Ramese98

• Assistant GM
  • THE NEW ASU
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2016, 12:08:57 PM »
Yogi and Ivan: Me and my brother were discussing SEC Women's Basketball just last night and we came up with the same rationale, basically it is non-existent. I am not sure if it is coaching or if it is talent, we both leaned toward the lack of Coaching....
It is What It is.....It will BE what it WILL be....

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2016, 12:12:03 PM »
Ivan comparing eras is a slippery slope. But if/when this Huskie team wins this title. That would be four straight. Thats rarefied air.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2016, 12:59:00 PM »
Could the UCONN ladies compete with a WNBA team?

They could beat some SIAC and CIAA men's teams.  :lol:

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2016, 01:32:04 PM »
We shall see. But as it stands, the SEC is the weakest its ever been. All you have to do is observe how the conference has done in the NCAA tournament for evidence. No one regards it as the premiere women's conference any more. Sure, MSU LOOKS better. But at no point did they look like a final four contender. Until USC learns to play hard for forty minutes, and develop a perimeter game, they'll be stuck where they are as well. They have the talent to beat UConn but don't play with NEAR the execution or intensity. Their dominance of the conference is a result of the SEC being weaker, not because they're an outstanding team.

That right there is what I was telling people about Dawn's team. She needs some shooters badly. The post players are great. She need guard play and shooters, otherwise, they will stay right where they are at.

that's all...

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2016, 02:44:36 PM »
Ivan comparing eras is a slippery slope. But if/when this Huskie team wins this title. That would be four straight. Thats rarefied air.

Well, if comparing eras is a slippery slope then surely we can agree that the weaker competition that this team is having to face plays into their winning four straight. Also, THIS team didn't win four straight. It will be the PROGRAM that wins it with four different TEAMS. With that being said, I'm sure basketball fans can look at this team and realize this isn't the greatest team in history. Heck, they're not even the greatest team in UConn history.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 03:35:16 PM by Ivan »

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2016, 11:16:11 AM »
I'm sick of UCONN
WE ARE ALL  IMPORTANT BUT I AM FASCINATING !!!!!

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2016, 11:40:48 AM »
People were sick of UCLA too. But unfortunately, like John Wooden, this might be what it's going to be like until Geno retires. :no:

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2016, 11:42:00 AM »

Well, if comparing eras is a slippery slope then surely we can agree that the weaker competition that this team is having to face plays into their winning four straight. Also, THIS team didn't win four straight. It will be the PROGRAM that wins it with four different TEAMS. With that being said, I'm sure basketball fans can look at this team and realize this isn't the greatest team in history. Heck, they're not even the greatest team in UConn history.

I'll use Stewart as the core. I'm talking wins/ losses and titles not potential professionals. If they win four straight thats worthy of discussion. Now the American is  a watered down conferencebut they still played all comers in out of conference play usually at their place : Stanford, Texas,Baylor etc.

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2016, 11:47:56 AM »
Well again.........................are we talking about this particular TEAM, or this PROGRAM's winning four straight? This particular team's win / loss record is no different than any of the other undefeated teams of the past. Heck, I can pick teams that had one loss that were better than this one.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 04:37:48 PM by Ivan »

Online oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2016, 12:17:10 PM »
UConn is indeed now the greatest PROGRAM in women's college basketball history. This particular UConn team, however, is not the greatest. In, fact they're probably not even top 5.

This current UConn team could not compete with a WNBA team. There's a huge gap between college and pro basketball. They'd get crushed.

Breanna Stewart will most assuredly be drafted #1................but she will not dominate the league in her rookie year, if ever........................Too many good players there now for that to happen.

It was rumored that Holly was going to be out at Tennessee before they made this run to the elite eight. She may still be out considering this is the first time they ever lost 15 games in a season.......................especially with the talent they have, and the way they got smacked by Syracuse.

dead on!!  i agree with everything you posted...

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2016, 12:27:59 PM »
Well again.........................are we talking about this particular TEAM, or this PROGRAM's winning four straight. This particular team's win / loss record is no different than any of the other undefeated teams of the past. Heck, I can pick teams that had one loss that were better than this one.

No other team I believe was 119-1.

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2016, 04:39:04 PM »
This team is not 119-1. This team is 36-0. The program is 119-1 over these past three seasons.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News