News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: UCONN Lady Huskies  (Read 1018 times)

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
UCONN Lady Huskies
« on: March 26, 2016, 07:56:58 PM »
 :lmao:

That was a major  :dedhorse: they gave to Mississippi State today.

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: UCONN Lady Huskies
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 08:31:51 PM »
They are in my opinion the greatest college team in history. They'll win their four consecutive title and Breanna  Stewart will get a third national  player of the year trophy.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 09:31:28 PM »
they should ban them from playing.  It's the equivalent of a pro team vs amateurs.

........calm down everybody.

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 11:19:22 PM »
Could the UCONN ladies compete with a WNBA team?

Offline Jafus [Thinker]

• Assistant GM
  • THG Agency, LLC, Lecturer, President and CEO
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thg-agency.com
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 11:35:06 PM »
No! The WNBA players are to physical for the mighty UCONN women.
PV Produces Productive People

Dr. J. Kenyatta Cavil, MBA
Lecturer, President & CEO
THG Agency, LLC - The Heritage Group
A Consulting Applied Data Analysis & Sports Management, Agency
"Where your business is our business!"

-LOCATIONS-
Atlanta / Birmingham / Dallas / Houston / Jackson

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 12:07:07 AM »
I watched that game from opening tip. They did not intend to get slapped out like South Carolina and ND did last nite. I think it was 32-5 at end of 1st qtr... :o

I don't see why not. Most of them end up in the league. Stewart will for sure...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 12:14:15 AM by Golden Kitten »

Teeny and Little

Offline The Sloping Hills and Verdent Green

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 12:34:53 AM »
I watched that game from opening tip. They did not intend to get slapped out like South Carolina and ND did last nite. I think it was 32-5 at end of 1st qtr... :o

I don't see why not. Most of them end up in the league. Stewart will for sure...

???   ???    :shrug:   Did the ladies from South Carolina and Notre Dame loose last night?

LOOK OUT MEAC WE ARE BACK AND READY

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 08:28:34 AM »

???   ???    :shrug:   Did the ladies from South Carolina and Notre Dame loose last night?

No, they lost Friday night.

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2016, 02:39:17 PM »
Stanford coach Tara Vanderveer said "the band is the best thing we've got going for us right now." Turns out the band is Kentucky State's pep band. :clap:

Hope they got a nice piece of change...

Teeny and Little

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 05:23:51 PM »
Washington maybe on a magical run. They beat Maryland and Kentucky at their place and just whipped Stanford. They have a center   number 0 who is playing out of her mind.Real physical, almost a female version of Darryl Dawkins or Moses Malone.

Also happy for the brother coaching Syracuse. Who is also on their version of a magical run. Tennessee maybe looking for a new coach. They are used to not making the Final Four and winning titles.

I wish they had some of those regionals near me. There were acres of empty seats.

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2016, 06:18:37 PM »
B4L,

I too am happy for Quentin Hillsman,  He and my cuz were freshmen àt JCSU... :nod:
I think that girl's name is Ochafor or something like that,..
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 06:21:14 PM by Golden Kitten »

Teeny and Little

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2016, 09:00:24 PM »
Actually, the Lady Vols have been hot and cold all season. The past few games have been their best. Holly has been on the chopping block all season with the Orange faithful. The big girl from Washington shooting those 3's was hilarious.

Dawn needs to recruit some shooters PERIOD! She has no scorers and their guard play has been suspect. Until she get that, Dawn will not when a title.

that's all... 

Offline Jafus [Thinker]

• Assistant GM
  • THG Agency, LLC, Lecturer, President and CEO
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thg-agency.com
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2016, 01:41:07 AM »
Golden Kitten,

Rookies do not dominate the WNBA.
PV Produces Productive People

Dr. J. Kenyatta Cavil, MBA
Lecturer, President & CEO
THG Agency, LLC - The Heritage Group
A Consulting Applied Data Analysis & Sports Management, Agency
"Where your business is our business!"

-LOCATIONS-
Atlanta / Birmingham / Dallas / Houston / Jackson

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2016, 10:42:11 AM »
UConn is indeed now the greatest PROGRAM in women's college basketball history. This particular UConn team, however, is not the greatest. In, fact they're probably not even top 5.

This current UConn team could not compete with a WNBA team. There's a huge gap between college and pro basketball. They'd get crushed.

Breanna Stewart will most assuredly be drafted #1................but she will not dominate the league in her rookie year, if ever........................Too many good players there now for that to happen.

It was rumored that Holly was going to be out at Tennessee before they made this run to the elite eight. She may still be out considering this is the first time they ever lost 15 games in a season.......................especially with the talent they have, and the way they got smacked by Syracuse.
I am now on Facebook! Come check me out...
 http://www.facebook.com/people/Ivan-Guillory/1249473291

SIAC All Sports Champions - 1990, ‘91, ‘92, ‘00, ‘01, ‘02, ‘06, ‘08

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2016, 11:26:04 AM »
I hope so Holly. She was a disappointment Ivan and I thought the Vol nation would have looked outside for a hire to replace Pat. Tennessee isn't as dominate anymore and everyone in the SEC has caught up, as well as, women basketball in general.

that's all...

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News