News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Poor Attendance So Far At SWAC Tourney  (Read 8166 times)

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
  • Mr.SIAC/Mr.SWAC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MilesGoldenBears.com
Re: Poor Attendance So Far At SWAC Tourney
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2016, 01:30:21 PM »
Well, First of all us SIAC Posters shouldn't be talking about attendance at another HBCU Conference Tournament because ours was drafty as well. It doesn't matter where you have it people will do what they want to do. So this post is an moot point. :nod: And because of Toyota Sponsorship the SWAC probably get the Arena for little or nothing.  :nod:
"The Bears Den" and "The ASU Hornets Hive",WSSU
"CME Bowl Champions for Life"
Steel City Classic Champions:01,02,03,05,06
2004 Alabama State University SWAC Champs
2007 Football Attendance Champs
2011,2013,2015,2018,19 SIAC West Div.FB Champs
2011,2015-19 SIAC FB Champs
2011 Pioneer Bowl

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2016, 06:46:02 PM »
I should add that the decline in attendance for the SIAC football championship game from 2014 to 2015 was 760. (7193-6433).
Dude you still don't get it and you refuse to answer my simple question.  I will type this slower.  If the championship was in a city that has a half million people and a metro area of 5 million and you cannot fill up a 10k high school stadium which you probably have to pay for, since the city ain't offering you/guaranteeing you jack.  You move to a city of 226k which allows you to use a college stadium of 21k which probably has amenities to attract sponsors and your decline was only 2k but you keep hollering stay in Atlanta but you can't/won't answer "how staying in Atlanta would profit the SIAC." :shrug:  Please answer the question.
AAMU SIAC Championships 7, SWAC Championships 2 NCAA DII National Championships Men's Soccer '77 & '79, Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU National Championship 1  Black National Swimming and Diving Championships 82-87

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 16, 2016, 06:51:31 PM »
Well, First of all us SIAC Posters shouldn't be talking about attendance at another HBCU Conference Tournament because ours was drafty as well. It doesn't matter where you have it people will do what they want to do. So this post is an moot point. :nod: And because of Toyota Sponsorship the SWAC probably get the Arena for little or nothing.  :nod:
My name is Que82 and I approve this message.  Paid for by the if/there/is/an/echo/in/your/tournament/arena/shut/the heyal/up/committee.

MB1 does the the Conference get breaks on the use of W.F. harris and Camton????
AAMU SIAC Championships 7, SWAC Championships 2 NCAA DII National Championships Men's Soccer '77 & '79, Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU National Championship 1  Black National Swimming and Diving Championships 82-87

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
« Reply #123 on: March 16, 2016, 07:52:53 PM »
Well, First of all us SIAC Posters shouldn't be talking about attendance at another HBCU Conference Tournament because ours was drafty as well.

So people can't walk and chew chewing gum at the same time? :shrug:

The SIAC has HORRIBLE attendance - Fact

The SWAC's attendance is not stellar - Fact

Now I'm not criticizing the SWAC or how they have their tournament - I trust that the powers that be and the Sponsors are privy to their situation and it works for them.  If they like it I love it, but pointing out low attendance doesn't necessarily mean folks ought to shut up.

Now if people are insulting the tournament and the SWAC, then yeah they need to shut the hell up, but just pointing low attendance out?  :shrug:

As far as SIAC basketball,  Won't matter where they move it if they don't market it.  Besides, a major part of the issue is cultural.  We just don't care about basketball the way we do football.  It isn't fair to the student athletes, and we definitely need to do better, but it is what it is.  :shrug:

SIAC is a football conference, but Atlanta isn't really a football town.  Too much other stuff to do.  Even if you had intentions of going to the game, it is quite easy to find other plans.
Hell, even if I traveled to Montgomery for the game, I might end up in Wetumpka and say 'screw the game' - especially if the slots are falling my way  ;D
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 16, 2016, 08:32:55 PM »
The sky is up.  I just wanted to also point out the obvious. :shrug:

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
« Reply #125 on: March 16, 2016, 09:10:48 PM »
The sky is up.  I just wanted to also point out the obvious. :shrug:

Yep.  And water is wet.   People point out the obvious every day. 
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 17, 2016, 12:36:32 AM »
I enjoyed my time at the tournament. But again you hit it on the head Valley girl. I made a side trip to visit in laws. I did not wish to say it, but I thought the questions about Atlanta were inappropriate. You do not ask what did Houston do for the SWAC, what did Charlotte do for the CIAA, what did Norfolk do for the MEAC, nor what did Nashville do for the SEC. So why Atlanta?  Atlanta does not owe the SIAC anything and neither does Birmingham.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 17, 2016, 03:31:00 AM »
I enjoyed my time at the tournament. But again you hit it on the head Valley girl. I made a side trip to visit in laws. I did not wish to say it, but I thought the questions about Atlanta were inappropriate. You do not ask what did Houston do for the SWAC, what did Charlotte do for the CIAA, what did Norfolk do for the MEAC, nor what did Nashville do for the SEC. So why Atlanta?  Atlanta does not owe the SIAC anything and neither does Birmingham.
inappropriate question huh?  ::)  I just pulled these two quick ones the way you are responding it was not worth the effort to waste time researching on you.  :no:

The CIAA basketball tournament is free to leave Charlotte for another venue after this year, and tourism officials acknowledge it may cost more than the city’s current $1 million payment to keep the athletic association’s week-long spree of parties, shows and games.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article9099236.html#storylink=cpy

The city also agreed to give the MEAC $150,000 every year, three months before the tournament, so the league can promote and help pay for the event. That could increase to $200,000 in two years if attendance hits certain levels

Lastly if you think a city doesn't give the SEC something for hosting an event I need to give you five dollars to get a clue.  ::)

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 17, 2016, 09:51:10 AM »
Big Homie -

You need to go eat a Snicker's....for breakfast, lunch & dinner....

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 17, 2016, 10:02:12 AM »
You wanted to argue and that is all. I am glad that it lead you to do some personal investigation. No city or corporate body owes any basketball tournament anything.  Your questions have been answered ...not that you have the authority to make demands on anyone on this forum. I will not be making any additional comments on this topic.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2016, 02:32:12 PM »
You wanted to argue and that is all. I am glad that it lead you to do some personal investigation. No city or corporate body owes any basketball tournament anything.  Your questions have been answered ...not that you have the authority to make demands on anyone on this forum. I will not be making any additional comments on this topic.

^^^^

No one wanted to argue with you .  I asked you a freaking question.  I was trying to find out why you were pushing for Atlanta so much but all you did was side stepped direct question.  My question had nothing to do with a city owing anyone any dayum thing.  I simple asked you how would staying in Atlanta profit the conference.  If you don't want to or can't answer just be man enough to say so.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2016, 05:19:42 PM »
Big Homie -

just make sure you get one the next time you go at it with Y.   :shrug:

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 17, 2016, 05:36:16 PM »
Big Homie -

just make sure you get one the next time you go at it with Y.   :shrug:

I couldn't eat mine. I shined it up real nice and shoved it up his candyass!!

:lmao:

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 17, 2016, 07:03:00 PM »
 "And back to you" Que87.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 17, 2016, 08:57:05 PM »
"And back to you" Que87.
So the person that can't answer a simple question wants to be a smart aleck.  :lol:

Que82thoughtbubble(Godbridlemytongue)

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule