News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: "Why Hillary Clinton does not deserve the Black vote" by Michelle Alexander  (Read 7081 times)

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: "Why Hillary Clinton does not deserve the Black vote" by Michelle Alexander
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2016, 10:15:16 PM »
Personally I thought it was an insult to us to refer to him as the first Black pres. However if Hillary wins the nomination who do you vote for. I favor not one of the right now leaders in the GOP. Kasich is the only one right now I'd listen to.

^^^ My wife and I both agree Kasich seems to be a viable candidate. I do think I would support him instead of Sanders.
:no:...............Sierra, while I too would agree that Gov. Kasich appears to be the most SANE of the GOP presidential candidates, Kasich has made it VERY CLEAR in his varied utterances during the myriad GOP debates that, if elected, he would proceed to dismantling much of the Obama presidential legacy.  Sen. Sanders, on the other hand, has made it ABUNDANTLY clear that not only will he extend the president's progressive legacy, but would even go further.

This is going to be a TOUGH presidential election year for negroes in this country.  :(
[/quote
Strike  , but isn't Sanders an independent, who philosophy isn't always democratic?   
Answer: Yes. However, as a declared Independent, Bernie's political views are a hell of a lot closer to general Democratic orthodoxy than are the GOP conservative views espoused by Gov. Kasich.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2016, 10:33:34 PM »
You people will vote for Hillary.  You people always fall for the okie doke. 

Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2016, 10:36:05 PM »
Kasich is signing a bill to defund plan parent hood which is aimed at hurting minorities and you folks would rarher have him instead of Bernie Sanders? Kasich  also tried to hurt Central St a HBCU in his state and you want him? Wow! I better not hear yall never talk about Y or oldsport again., For real!
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2016, 10:57:59 PM »

And you will vote for the confirmed white supremacist Trump. If he had his way, those innocent kids is NY would be dead.

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2016, 11:26:20 AM »
Kasich is signing a bill to defund plan parent hood which is aimed at hurting minorities and you folks would rarher have him instead of Bernie Sanders? Kasich  also tried to hurt Central St a HBCU in his state and you want him? Wow! I better not hear yall never talk about Y or oldsport again., For real!

One should not be fooled by Kasich's "moderate" stances.

----------

An Extremist in Moderate Clothing

by CAP Action War Room Feb 12, 2016 5:19 pm

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2016, 01:26:33 PM »
Yes, get 87 in here to speak on Kasich since he"s in Cinci... :nod:

He is a lot more conservative than he appears...  :read:

Teeny and Little

Offline Sierra

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2016, 02:33:27 PM »

WELL.. CEE Dog you have slapped me around a couple of times.. however I am not offended. I would hope that all the promises stated reaches fruition.
I am reminded some yrs. ago here in Ga. during the late 60'2 when that SOB Lester Maddox won the governorship. If you all recall he was the one with the ax handle denying "colored people" into his restaurant. Well not long after he was elected he pushed for and the 1st. Black GBI agent (Dearing) and state trooper were hired. That REALLY upset the cart. In addition Georgia's scols began integrating.
On a personal note ..the year was 1968 and just returning from Nam..and a little silly, my driver's permit were suspended for 30 days. Well on about the 33rd. day my permit hadn't arrived as promised....So I wrote Maddox's office and within 3 days his office responded by way of a letter that my permit would be arriving soon. My permit arrived the next day, with a not so nice letter from the Ga. State Patrol. BUT Maddox was still a SOB and especially for preventing state facilities to low the state flag during Dr. King's funeral.
As with any politician time will tell>>>>>
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 05:59:01 PM by Sierra »
Do all the right things for the all the right reasons.Damn the consequences.

Offline aggiejazz

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2016, 05:37:08 PM »
It is not about voting for a political party but about making candidates work for your support, black vote, with real actions.

No political party has supported giving Blacks their Reparations.

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2016, 06:35:20 PM »

We know, despite what you say here, that you voted for Obama.
We thank you.

Now you will return to form and do as you are told and vote for Trump or Cruz or whomever the Repubs nominate.

O0

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2016, 06:56:46 PM »
It is not about voting for a political party but about making candidates work for your support, black vote, with real actions.

No political party has supported giving Blacks their Reparations.
???.............no disrespect, but all of this^^^^^sounds like a "feigned" argument in support of voting for Gov. Kasich as an alternative GOP candidate to Bernie or Mrs. Clinton.

So at this point you'd be well advised to direct your attention to what cee dog said on this page^^^about that so-called "moderate" GOP presidential candidate.

Offline aggiejazz

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2016, 09:33:09 PM »
I am not pushing for a moderate Republican,  but I would take old man Bush over the Clintons and his son Bush, Jr and Jeb.

I am still haven't done deep research on Bernie but it is going to be a dog fight for the Presidency.  A energetic and highly likeable Obama with his brilliant election team just got over the hump against Romney.

We just have to be prepared to fight smartly, no matter who is the next President.

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2016, 08:14:17 AM »
I am not pushing for a moderate Republican,  but I would take old man Bush over the Clintons and his son Bush, Jr and Jeb.

I am still haven't done deep research on Bernie but it is going to be a dog fight for the Presidency.  A energetic and highly likeable Obama with his brilliant election team just got over the hump against Romney.

We just have to be prepared to fight smartly, no matter who is the next President.

The bottom line is a vote for a Republican in this election is a vote for the Tea Party.  T

Offline aggiejazz

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2016, 10:23:12 AM »
I don't think blacks should just fall for "it is the Democrats and nothing else".   We have to face the Republicans and fight, and we do it locally and state-wide, first.

Our ancestors and great-great grand parents only had a couple allies in either party but they went after both, pushing and forcing and fighting for their rights.  The strategy of only working with one political party in these current times will only mean incremental positive changes, on occasion.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 10:47:34 AM by aggiejazz »

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2016, 10:41:21 AM »
The  Black community needs its version of the Tea Party to move the political narrative. Black Lives Matter is not that vehicle. First its been hijacked and second its more reactive than proactive.  We need more than clinced fist photo ops.

But we also need the 2016 version of Roy Wilkins and Whitney Young's as well. A multi  pronged plan of attack.

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2016, 11:18:47 AM »
The  Black community needs its version of the Tea Party to move the political narrative. Black Lives Matter is not that vehicle. First its been hijacked and second its more reactive than proactive.  We need more than clinced fist photo ops.

But we also need the 2016 version of Roy Wilkins and Whitney Young's as well. A multi  pronged plan of attack.

I think the facts say otherwise.
Black Lives Matter HAS MOVED the political narrative....on the Dem side.

Bernie moved.  Clinton reacted.  O'Malley caught flack.

At least one of the BLM members has filed for political office.

For a grass roots movement I think they have done quite well in quite a short time period.

They're struck a chord with young people and have pushed the needle in terms of AWARENESS (very important) and accountability of bad-acting police.

O0

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule