News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: "Why Hillary Clinton does not deserve the Black vote" by Michelle Alexander  (Read 7082 times)

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Hillary Clinton loves black people. And black people love Hillary—or so it seems. Black politicians have lined up in droves to endorse her, eager to prove their loyalty to the Clintons in the hopes that their faithfulness will be remembered and rewarded. Black pastors are opening their church doors, and the Clintons are making themselves comfortably at home once again, engaging effortlessly in all the usual rituals associated with “courting the black vote,” a pursuit that typically begins and ends with Democratic politicians making black people feel liked and taken seriously. Doing something concrete to improve the conditions under which most black people live is generally not required.

Hillary is looking to gain momentum on the campaign trail as the primaries move out of Iowa and New Hampshire and into states like South Carolina, where large pockets of black voters can be found. According to some polls, she leads Bernie Sanders by as much as 60 percent among African Americans. It seems that we—black people—are her winning card, one that Hillary is eager to play.

And it seems we’re eager to get played. Again.

The love affair between black folks and the Clintons has been going on for a long time. It began back in 1992, when Bill Clinton was running for president. He threw on some shades and played the saxophone on The Arsenio Hall Show. It seems silly in retrospect, but many of us fell for that. At a time when a popular slogan was “It’s a black thing, you wouldn’t understand,” Bill Clinton seemed to get us. When Toni Morrison dubbed him our first black president, we nodded our heads. We had our boy in the White House. Or at least we thought we did.
http://www.thenation.com/article/hillary-clinton-does-not-deserve-black-peoples-votes/

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Well, I am with Clinton. 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
Trump Clinton who are you voting for? :shrug:

Offline Dog in Me

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Personally I thought it was an insult to us to refer to him as the first Black pres. However if Hillary wins the nomination who do you vote for. I favor not one of the right now leaders in the GOP. Kasich is the only one right now I'd listen to.

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Yea Blacks voting for the GOP is a like chickens voting for colonel sanders.

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Yea Blacks voting for the GOP is a like chickens voting for colonel sanders.

Now ain't that the truth.
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Sierra

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Personally I thought it was an insult to us to refer to him as the first Black pres. However if Hillary wins the nomination who do you vote for. I favor not one of the right now leaders in the GOP. Kasich is the only one right now I'd listen to.

^^^ My wife and I both agree Kasich seems to be a viable candidate. I do think I would support him instead of Sanders.
Do all the right things for the all the right reasons.Damn the consequences.

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Any black person supporting the Republican party needs to join the KKK.
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

^^^ My wife and I both agree Kasich seems to be a viable candidate. I do think I would support him instead of Sanders.
:no:...............Sierra, while I too would agree that Gov. Kasich appears to be the most SANE of the GOP presidential candidates, Kasich has made it VERY CLEAR in his varied utterances during the myriad GOP debates that, if elected, he would proceed to dismantling much of the Obama presidential legacy.  Sen. Sanders, on the other hand, has made it ABUNDANTLY clear that not only will he extend the president's progressive legacy, but would even go further.

This is going to be a TOUGH presidential election year for negroes in this country.  :(

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
I'm struggling with anyone who would vote Republican in this election with the GOP controlling Congress. While  I think the gov of Ohio is a decent man, he will be with the hard right much more than you think. He is already trying to claim his Tea Party street cred by signing a bill to defund Planned Parenthood. It's not about voting for an individual, we have think more strategically than that. Some y'all are going to vote for Kaisich and by default, vote for 2-3 more Scalias on the Supreme Court. :no:

Offline Dog in Me

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: "Why Hillary Clinton does not deserve the Black vote" by Michelle Alexander
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2016, 04:49:41 PM »
Yeah, Kasich has hardened his political stance weekly and will probably get a very bad case of convenient amnesia should he do well in upcoming events. These folks will do/say anything for votes

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2016, 05:12:42 PM »
I think her stance was a critique of the Black group think on the Clintons. There is an alternative on the Dem side at least for now.

Offline Sierra

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2016, 05:42:02 PM »

:no:...............Sierra, while I too would agree that Gov. Kasich appears to be the most SANE of the GOP presidential candidates, Kasich has made it VERY CLEAR in his varied utterances during the myriad GOP debates that, if elected, he would proceed to dismantling much of the Obama presidential legacy.  Sen. Sanders, on the other hand, has made it ABUNDANTLY clear that not only will he extend the president's progressive legacy, but would even go further.

This is going to be a TOUGH presidential election year for negroes in this country.  :(

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2016, 06:30:08 PM »
Bernie Sanders

Offline Sierra

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2016, 10:04:24 PM »

[/quote
Strike  , but isn't Sanders an independent, who philosophy isn't always democratic?   

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule