News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Diana Ross: "In the Name of Love" Tour  (Read 449 times)

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Diana Ross: "In the Name of Love" Tour
« on: February 03, 2016, 11:23:49 PM »
......guys, as promised in a recent comment on some thread whose subject matter currently eludes me, what follows is a review of DR's concert in Nashville earlier this evening.

You listeners of Tom Joyner will recall about two-three months ago, he started the hype about a MAJOR performer for his upcoming annual spring cruise. Tom hyped it pretty big, saying that the particular performer was bigger than the whole then announced lineup combined. When he finally announced it was DR, I could hear a collective groan all across Joyner's listening audience. Now, prior to tonite, your humble poster had seen DR perform twice in my lifetime. But BOTH times were over 30 years ago.

Both times were great shows, but I had relegated DR to that pantheon of former great black entertainers. But from her opening number, I'm coming out, to her closing numer 80 minutes later, Reach out and touch, DR reminded everyone in the Nashville symphony hall why she once was and is STILL The Boss. She sang a litany of a good number of the major hits, and had the audience, mostly baby boomers and majority white, rocking. There were four costume changes in an 80 minutes show, with DR wearing the very high-end haute couture fashions for which she is known. Mrs. Strike commented that each of DR's beautiful dresses with matching sheer, fur-lined capes probably cost in the $4-5K+ range.

Her voice was in fine form, and she simply looked fabulous. It was CLASSIC DR that we have come to know for decades, elegant and classy. Those of you who may catch her in your city or on the Tom Joyner cruise are in for a treat.  :clap:

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
Re: Diana Ross: "In the Name of Love" Tour
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 08:48:27 AM »
I agree with your comments about Diana.  I usually don't want to see the aging stars from my youth, but having never seen the "best female group EVER" I was tempted to see Diana....and she didn't disappoint.

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 08:54:37 AM »
Glad y'all enjoyed it. Personally, I will pass on her as I'm not a fan.  I respect what she put out musically, but can't respect what she put out in other ways......

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 09:12:45 AM »
'87, stop hating
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 09:31:56 AM »
'87, stop hating

Sit yo hotdog head behind down somewhere in a dark, cold, damp corner....ain't nobody even talkin to you...fool....

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 10:18:02 AM »
She's on my bucketlist. The last few times she was in the DMV something always came up.

Offline DES

• Assistant GM
  • SH*T TALKER BUT IT'S ALL LOVE !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 11:11:04 AM »
She's on my bucketlist. The last few times she was in the DMV something always came up.

Where was she at Wolfe Trap ?

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 11:46:29 AM »
Bison.....as I mentioned in my first post^^^^, saw gal in concert twice in the early 80's, the first time when I was living in Cleveland, first job after school. And the second time shortly after I moved to Nashville in 1981. That concert was actually held in the basketball arena at Middle Tenn State in Murfreesboro, 30mis south of Nashville. Nashville didn't even have an arena at the time which tells you how long ago that was.

Anyway, Mrs. Strike accompanied me to the Murfreesboro DR concert, and she reminded me that DR did a lot of dancing at that concert, and extensively engaged the audience. But, again, that was 30 years ago and, like the rest of us, gal has slowed down considerably.  :lol: But it REALLY WAS a great show last nite.  :clap:

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 06:43:05 PM »
..........sending this one BOT to make sure peeps have ABUNDANT opportunities to pay proper respect and homage to The Boss!

;D

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News