News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: The Cincinnati Bungles smh  (Read 2609 times)

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
Re: The Cincinnati Bungles smh
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2016, 09:38:59 AM »
The NFL has become a joke - whining players on offense and officiàls that don't know their jobs. Pathetic... :vomit:

Teeny and Little

Offline DES

• Assistant GM
  • SH*T TALKER BUT IT'S ALL LOVE !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2016, 10:03:08 AM »
Report: “Not looking good” for Antonio Brown this week

Maybe Antonio Brown does deserve a Grammy.

Because even though Bengals cornerback Pacman Jones accused him of faking a head injury, there are now reports that injury is sufficient to possibly keep him out of the next game.

According to ESPN’s Bob Holtzman, it is “not looking good,” that Brown will be available for Sunday’s divisional round game against the Broncos.

The same report has it more likely that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will be able to return from his shoulder injury.

The Steelers haven’t made any comment on either player, though there was a more optimistic report on Brown earlier in the week.

Of course, trying to handicap the timeline of the concussion protocol is a waste of time for non-neurologists, as Brown will have to be cleared by someone without a whistle around their neck or a notebook in their back pocket.

Report: “Not looking good” for Antonio Brown this week
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/12/report-not-looking-good-for-antonio-brown-this-week/

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2016, 11:20:19 AM »
The NFL has become a joke - whining players on offense and officiàls that don't know their jobs. Pathetic... :vomit:
:no:.......yeah, couldn't agree more, GK.

STILL scratching my head trying to understand how the officials are gonna flag Pacman for unsportsmanlike conduct, yet there is Joey Porter, LITERALLY in the Bengals huddle talking shyt, and the refs don't do a DAMN thing.   >:(

That's F'ed up.  :(

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2016, 12:23:06 PM »
Strike I'm gathering that they were caught off guard.  As a long time official in other sports sometimes things happen that are WAY out of the norm, and the brain locks up.  The problem is that they didn't discuss the issue to take care of both Jones & Porter.  I'm sure Porter's wallet will get lightened a bit this week.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2016, 02:33:54 PM »
Strike I'm gathering that they were caught off guard.  As a long time official in other sports sometimes things happen that are WAY out of the norm, and the brain locks up.  The problem is that they didn't discuss the issue to take care of both Jones & Porter.  I'm sure Porter's wallet will get lightened a bit this week.
.........yeah, THIS sounds very reasonable and rational.  But it ALSO touches on what GK referenced^^^and in which I concurred.  The officiating THIS season has been abysmal.  As much as I am a spectator of the sport along with MILLIONS of other folks, the awful officiating has damn near soured me on even watching the games on tv.  :(

Offline jag4life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.southernjags.com
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2016, 02:56:46 PM »
Joey Porter was allowed on the field at that time to check on the player.  It was an injury timeout.  He was standing there not doing anything until a Bengals player bumped him from behind.  He turned and said something and Pacman ran up and swung at him.  Had Pac not also grazed the ref I doubt he gets a flag

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2016, 03:28:51 PM »
Joey Porter was allowed on the field at that time to check on the player.  It was an injury timeout.  He was standing there not doing anything until a Bengals player bumped him from behind.  He turned and said something and Pacman ran up and swung at him.  Had Pac not also grazed the ref I doubt he gets a flag
:no:.........Lawd, here we go.

With all due respect, bruh, Joey Porter, as you WELL know, is a LINEBACKERS coach.  The injured player was a receiver.  So he was NOT one of Porter's players.  Which leads to the question that resulted in Adam Jones getting flagged:  What the F was Porter doing on the field AND talking trash in the Bengals defensive huddle?  :shrug:

Offline DES

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2016, 03:43:11 PM »

With all due respect, bruh, Joey Porter, as you WELL know, is a LINEBACKERS coach.  The injured player was a receiver.  So he was NOT one of Porter's players.  Which leads to the question that resulted in Adam Jones getting flagged:  What the F was Porter doing on the field AND talking trash in the Bengals defensive huddle?  :shrug:

It does not matter what position he plays any coach can come on the field. Plus we do not know their relationship which increased Porters level of concern. Bottom line professional players and coaches need to be able to control themselves

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2016, 04:02:47 PM »

It does not matter what position he plays any coach can come on the field. Plus we do not know their relationship which increased Porters level of concern. Bottom line professional players and coaches need to be able to control themselves
???.............DES, I noticed that you were silent here^^^on the issue of Porter's presence in the Bengals defensive huddle.  Hope the silence was inadvertent, so I thought I would give you another opportunity to respond.

Might you kindly explain WHY Porter was in the Bengals huddle talking trash when, as you suggest, he was ONLY interested in assisting the injured Steelers player?  And no need to mention WHETHER Porter planted himself in the huddle as video and photographic evidence of his presence there ABOUNDS on the internet.

Please answer, boss.

Offline BulldogWillie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2016, 05:12:16 PM »
1. The Shazier hit on Bernard was a clean, legal play...rough...but legal. Bernard had taken two steps and made a "football move". Therefore, he WAS NOT defenseless.
2. However, Shazier COULD HAVE/SHOULD HAVE been flagged for targeting with the crown of the helmet.
3. Shazier could have shown a bit more class after the hit.
4. The Bengals haven't won a playoff game in what...25 years...what did y'all expect.  :snicker

I am a Steeler fan, and I approve this message.  And yes, I pull for my hometown Panthers. So, deal with it.

I'm with you on that,TrueEagle.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2016, 10:49:50 PM »
Looks like Pacman was right, Brown was faking.

Can't believe the Steelers took it to this level to win a football game

Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Sunday that Brown is "fine and should be able to play against the Broncos."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2200696-antonio-brown-injury-updates-on-steelers-stars-concussion-and-return

Man you sound foolish.  :lol: How in the world does one fake getting hit in the head by another player's helmet.????  Whether you say he faked after the hit or not is irrelevant.  Punters do it all the time, the trick is don't hit them illegally in the first dayum place and the call won't be made.  Yeah there was a big conspiracy that all the NFL was in on.  ::)

He acted and made it seem that he received a crushing blow that caused him a concussion.

Furthermore , his team released a statement that he received a concussion. And then , less than 24 hrs later, He passes all the NFL concussion tests and is ready to play Sunday.

If he just gets up on Sat night, I don't think flag gets thrown , and for sure Pacman doesn't get a call for unsportsmanlike

Big Ben likely, Antonio Brown 'not looking good' to play vs. Broncos

Yeah you are right on point Brown is faking.  ::)
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Lord, remove the front teeth of my enemies so I can know them by their smile.

Offline jag4life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.southernjags.com
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2016, 09:35:10 AM »
Looks like Pacman was right, Brown was faking.

Can't believe the Steelers took it to this level to win a football game

Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Sunday that Brown is "fine and should be able to play against the Broncos."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2200696-antonio-brown-injury-updates-on-steelers-stars-concussion-and-return

Man you sound foolish.  :lol: How in the world does one fake getting hit in the head by another player's helmet.????  Whether you say he faked after the hit or not is irrelevant.  Punters do it all the time, the trick is don't hit them illegally in the first dayum place and the call won't be made.  Yeah there was a big conspiracy that all the NFL was in on.  ::)

He acted and made it seem that he received a crushing blow that caused him a concussion.

Furthermore , his team released a statement that he received a concussion. And then , less than 24 hrs later, He passes all the NFL concussion tests and is ready to play Sunday.

If he just gets up on Sat night, I don't think flag gets thrown , and for sure Pacman doesn't get a call for unsportsmanlike

Big Ben likely, Antonio Brown 'not looking good' to play vs. Broncos

Yeah you are right on point Brown is faking.  ::)

Now he's officially out.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Brown-ruled-out-for-Sundays-game/afce6d14-e9cb-427c-9c50-78435b0e76da

Offline DES

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2016, 09:40:10 AM »
^^^^
But the experts and doctor's on here said he was faking it ::)

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News