News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: It's not only at Texas A&M  (Read 668 times)

Offline Dog in Me

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
Re: It's not only at Texas A&M
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 10:31:20 AM »
the gators must have a QB in the queue, because that baby Treon Harris has no business being anybody's quarterback.   Bless his heart - he is terrible. :no:

I detest the gators, but Treon is taking a beating on social media - as much as I want the gators to suck, I don't want that child to continue to be subjected to all of that vitriol.
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 11:09:48 AM »
the gators must have a QB in the queue, because that baby Treon Harris has no business being anybody's quarterback.   Bless his heart - he is terrible. :no:

I detest the gators, but Treon is taking a beating on social media - as much as I want the gators to suck, I don't want that child to continue to be subjected to all of that vitriol.
:(.......................a few points.

Yeah, gotta agree with you, TH's QB play has been abysmal.  Don't know what's going with him, but CLEARLY his confidence has been shaken.  This kid was, I believe, a 5 star recruit coming out of the VAUNTED Booker T. Washington HS in Miami. I believe his senior year, he led his high school team to a second consecutive state championship.   :shrug: Those of you who have some acquaintance with HS talent in Florida, and South Florida particularly, know that BTW has been producing major college football players for DECADES.  But something has really gone wrong with this kid, and I suspect McElwaine is SERIOUSLY trying to find another QB to get ready for 2016.

Additionally,you can't ignore the "race" factor when talking about Gator football QB's..  In a nutshell, their fan base doesn't particularly care for negroes under center on their roster.  Spurrier spent all of those years as HC there, with a boatload of SEC and national championships, but never had a starting black QB.  Can't think of the kid's name right now, but there was a starter when Urban Meyer got the job, and while Meyer maintained the guy as a starter, the kid ultimately began rotating snaps with Tim Tebow because, we were told at the time, Tebow's style of play was more harmonious with Meyer's "system".  ::)

Anyway, the ENTIRE university has a very UGLY history with the way it treats black students, generally, and that's just part of the school's legacy.  :(

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 11:25:31 AM »
Strike I think his name was Chris Leak.  And you're absolutely right - black QB's rarely get a shot down there - and Treon isn't helping their cause. 

Treon was slated to go to FSU, and he flipped to FL.  In the same year Dalvin Cook was slated to go to UF and flipped to FSU. We all see who got the better end of the deal.  :nod:

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 11:40:46 AM »
VG...........thanks, it WAS Chris Leak who I was alluding to in my earlier post^^^.

And I didn't know until you just posted it that Harris and Cook flipped on their initial commitments.  Yeah, that's a VERY interesting bit of information.  If TH, with guidance from his family/advisers, doesn't try to transfer to another Power 5 or other FBS school, where he'd have to sit out a year, my "gut" thinking is that he may wound up at Bethune Cookman or another HBCU.

Would like to see him given a look for the Rattlers' roster, but the situation on my yard is so f'ed up right now that I don't know WHEN we'll be in a position to take advantage of a potential opportunity like this.  :shrug:

Offline Dog in Me

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 11:42:51 AM »
It's very rare I would say a Black QB shold try another position but Treon should I think.

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 01:35:32 PM »
It's very rare I would say a Black QB shold try another position but Treon should I think.

100% disagree with this. They should work with him and coach him up.

Offline DAW912

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 02:28:32 PM »
TH struggled this season, particularly after Grier was suspended. TH has a lot of work to do at QB position.  He's a hellova athlete.  And if he can improve on his accuracy, he can be a decent passer.  He missed a lot of open receivers this season.  At big time universities, they recruit players that are already fundamentally sound.  They don't have time to teach basics.  If McEllwaine decides to recruit QBs during the offseason, no one can fault him. It's Treon's responsibility not to lose his spot to a newcomer.  Race has very little to do what's going on.  Treon needs a lot of work.  I don't care who is the QB for the Gators next season, as long as he gives the team the best chance to win.

I'm glad Grier left the team.  He wrecked the Gators' season by getting caught up in the mess he was in.  
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 02:30:26 PM by DAW912 »
“At @TheSIAC media day, they wouldn’t even give us a table. They said, ‘you might want to ask one of the other schools if you can have a place to sit.’” — Coach Quinn

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 03:17:04 PM »
It wouldn't have made sense for him to stay if you think about it.  He is still suspended for 6 games next year - by that time UF would have gotten another QB, and there is a distinct possibility that Grier still wouldn't be able to play game #7 if the QB they have is doing a good job. 

It wasn't a bad decision on his part.  I'm sure UF has some people in the wings because Treon doesn't seem like the best fit.  Might be mental and maybe he can snap out of it but for right now :no:

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 04:31:29 PM »
TH struggled this season, particularly after Grier was suspended. TH has a lot of work to do at QB position.  He's a hellova athlete.  And if he can improve on his accuracy, he can be a decent passer.  He missed a lot of open receivers this season.  At big time universities, they recruit players that are already fundamentally sound.  They don't have time to teach basics.  If McEllwaine decides to recruit QBs during the offseason, no one can fault him. It's Treon's responsibility not to lose his spot to a newcomer.  Race has very little to do what's going on.  Treon needs a lot of work.  I don't care who is the QB for the Gators next season, as long as he gives the team the best chance to win.

I'm glad Grier left the team.  He wrecked the Gators' season by getting caught up in the mess he was in.  
............................Hmmmmmmmmm.

If I'm not mistaken, in a post somewhere on this board on some topic at some time in the past, I BELIEVE that you identified yourself as "white".  If that is not true, you are undoubtedly under 30 years old, and if NEITHER is true, then you are being a tad "naive" and, perhaps, disingenuous with the boldprint^^^^^.

Given the history of black students at the state of Florida's "flagship" university, and the history of black athletes under center at their VAUNTED football program, it would be ABSURD not to factor in the issue of "race" with respect to the young man's long term tenure both on that yard and on the Gator football roster.

While I would admit that the "mistakes" that the young man has made since the starter was suspended are problematic, and not affected "directly" by his ethnic identity, in this age of widespread social media, you gotta believe that this kid is reading and hearing stuff that has SEVERELY shaken his self-confidence.  The damage may be irreparable.  I am assuming that it was Will Muschamp who recruited this kid.  Notwithstanding what I perceive as Muschamp's shortcomings as a head football coach, you gotta believe that what they saw of him perform at Booker T. Washington High School was believed to be transferable to the Gator football program.

But something has happened since he joined that roster; what, who knows?  My belief is that he is likely NOT gonna recover and overcome what shook his confidence this season.  My suspicion is that he and the coaching staff have already discussed this.  What happens after this season, who knows?

But I DO wish the young man the best.  :clap:

Offline DAW912

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2015, 06:05:36 PM »
TH struggled this season, particularly after Grier was suspended. TH has a lot of work to do at QB position.  He's a hellova athlete.  And if he can improve on his accuracy, he can be a decent passer.  He missed a lot of open receivers this season.  At big time universities, they recruit players that are already fundamentally sound.  They don't have time to teach basics.  If McEllwaine decides to recruit QBs during the offseason, no one can fault him. It's Treon's responsibility not to lose his spot to a newcomer.  Race has very little to do what's going on.  Treon needs a lot of work.  I don't care who is the QB for the Gators next season, as long as he gives the team the best chance to win.

............................Hmmmmmmmmm.

If I'm not mistaken, in a post somewhere on this board on some topic at some time in the past, I BELIEVE that you identified yourself as "white".  If that is not true, you are undoubtedly under 30 years old, and if NEITHER is true, then you are being a tad "naive" and, perhaps, disingenuous with the boldprint^^^^^.

Given the history of black students at the state of Florida's "flagship" university, and the history of black athletes under center at their VAUNTED football program, it would be ABSURD not to factor in the issue of "race" with respect to the young man's long term tenure both on that yard and on the Gator football roster.

While I would admit that the "mistakes" that the young man has made since the starter was suspended are problematic, and not affected "directly" by his ethnic identity, in this age of widespread social media, you gotta believe that this kid is reading and hearing stuff that has SEVERELY shaken his self-confidence.  The damage may be irreparable.  I am assuming that it was Will Muschamp who recruited this kid.  Notwithstanding what I perceive as Muschamp's shortcomings as a head football coach, you gotta believe that what they saw of him perform at Booker T. Washington High School was believed to be transferable to the Gator football program.

But something has happened since he joined that roster; what, who knows?  My belief is that he is likely NOT gonna recover and overcome what shook his confidence this season.  My suspicion is that he and the coaching staff have already discussed this.  What happens after this season, who knows?

But I DO wish the young man the best.  :clap:
You are mistaken, and okay.
“At @TheSIAC media day, they wouldn’t even give us a table. They said, ‘you might want to ask one of the other schools if you can have a place to sit.’” — Coach Quinn

Offline eagleboy31

• Prophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2015, 09:06:36 PM »
I don't think it has anything to do with race.  The guy he is counting on is a freshman qb Franks who is BLACK!

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2015, 09:15:36 PM »
Somebody said something about Jack Del Rio's son too....

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News