News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Celebration Bowl Pictures and Videos..  (Read 4006 times)

Offline Ram-Fan

• Assistant GM
  • Message Board Gangsters For Life
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration Bowl Pictures and Videos..
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2015, 05:15:40 PM »
From my vantage point it definitely looked like Alcorn outnumbered the A&T fans.

Did a brief podcast, to recap the atmosphere, the game, and our experience: https://soundcloud.com/the-rome-brown-show/celebration-bowl-recap

I give Props to Alcorn, they definitely outnumbered A&T and had more spirit.

NCCU SOL Alum

If your school ever had the nation's longest losing streak, you can't be considered a football power.

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
    • Jackson State University
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2015, 05:22:56 PM »
But people just swear that SWAC folks won't travel into these MEAC areas. :lol:

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2015, 06:41:47 PM »
They might travel, but it would be more likely for them to travel to a weekend getaway in Atlanta for a bowl and do some Christmas shopping rather than a random weekend in October to Durham NC. 

I mean it's doable no doubt, but would a matchup between UAPB and NC A & T be attractive enough for a JSU grad to travel to?  If they're in NC sure, but VA or Maryland?  Maybe maybe not. :shrug:

"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline JBTheEagle

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2015, 11:18:54 PM »
They might travel, but it would be more likely for them to travel to a weekend getaway in Atlanta for a bowl and do some Christmas shopping rather than a random weekend in October to Durham NC.  

I mean it's doable no doubt, but would a matchup between UAPB and NC A & T be attractive enough for a JSU grad to travel to?  If they're in NC sure, but VA or Maryland?  Maybe maybe not. :shrug:

I'm with you, that's the key going forward.

A compilation of clips from the game from fellow NCCU alum, Aaron Saunders:

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2015, 11:35:44 PM »

I mean it's doable no doubt, but would a matchup between UAPB and NC A & T be attractive enough for a JSU grad to travel to?  If they're in NC sure, but VA or Maryland?  Maybe maybe not. :shrug:

It will have to grow into a huge event like the CIAA Tournament. Folks fly in from all over regardless of who is playing.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2015, 12:04:03 AM »
All this talk about where the Swac fans will or won't  travel is the most ridiculous conversation I've seen.  Swac fans don't  have to prove their support for their school or conference to anyone. They have led the entire FCS in attendance every year of it's existence except for one.

What meac fans need to do is stop talking and follow the Swac lead. Stop having such a crab in the barrel  mentality when it comes to other schools participation in the bowl game and support it. It's really that simple.

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2015, 12:13:39 AM »
From my vantage point it definitely looked like Alcorn outnumbered the A&T fans.

Did a brief podcast, to recap the atmosphere, the game, and our experience: https://soundcloud.com/the-rome-brown-show/celebration-bowl-recap

Thank you for posting this. Great recap.

JT Thanks for the pics.

Offline The Sloping Hills and Verdent Green

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2015, 03:39:56 AM »

It will have to grow into a huge event like the CIAA Tournament. Folks fly in from all over regardless of who is playing.

If you are referring to the CIAA tournament you cannot compare the two.  Folks come to Charlotte during the CIAA tournament and they don't even know there is a basketball tournament going on.  Most of those folks have no ties to any CIAA school or HBCU.  People don't even go to the games anymore during the tournament.  They just came to Charlotte to party.  I have said for the past several years that the CIAA needs to move out of Charlotte and back to a city where fans can come watch basketball again.

LOOK OUT MEAC WE ARE BACK AND READY

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2015, 05:10:42 PM »

If you are referring to the CIAA tournament you cannot compare the two.  Folks come to Charlotte during the CIAA tournament and they don't even know there is a basketball tournament going on.  Most of those folks have no ties to any CIAA school or HBCU.  People don't even go to the games anymore during the tournament.  They just came to Charlotte to party.  I have said for the past several years that the CIAA needs to move out of Charlotte and back to a city where fans can come watch basketball again.

They are the same. The CIAA Tournament games are packed Friday and Saturday nights.  We can make this an event on the same scale as the CIAA Tournament. Progressive thinking and proper planning will get the job done.

Offline Conquero

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2015, 08:16:39 PM »
I was at the Celebration Bowl and I can also confirm that the concourses were very thick outside of the seating area, but I would have to also concede that Alcorn's concourse was very thick.  At halftime I went to sent on the Alcorn side and was beside a Morgan State alum.  We were cheering for the Aggies. 

Offline Conquero

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2015, 08:19:44 PM »
And as is customary with SWAC schools, other than the country feel of course, Alcorn's band was blowing on A&T all day and in more of a celebratory mode.   

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2015, 08:24:58 PM »
And as is customary with SWAC schools, other than the country feel of course, Alcorn's band was blowing on A&T all day and in more of a celebratory mode.   

How do SWAC schools give you a "country feel"? Were there people riding in on John Deere tractors, dressed in overalls?

Offline Conquero

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2015, 08:29:15 PM »
Almost Drumma,

but don't take the comment too seriously.  The people who I was there with there were four of us.  Two from Savannah State, one from Central, and one from Howard demanded we go on the Alcorn side because their fans were way more crunk and they provided the type of game day atmosphere which made it fun.  But boy they were good ole country folk.  Nothing wrong with that is there? 

The other observation was that many of the MEAC supporters from institutions other than A&T wore A&T colors while many of the SWAC supporters still wore there individual institutions colors. 

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2015, 08:51:47 PM »
Almost Drumma,

but don't take the comment too seriously.  The people who I was there with there were four of us.  Two from Savannah State, one from Central, and one from Howard demanded we go on the Alcorn side because their fans were way more crunk and they provided the type of game day atmosphere which made it fun.  But boy they were good ole country folk.  Nothing wrong with that is there? 

The other observation was that many of the MEAC supporters from institutions other than A&T wore A&T colors while many of the SWAC supporters still wore there individual institutions colors. 

Understandable. I get that same country vibe at NC HBCU games.

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2015, 09:30:09 PM »
Well since no-one has put it out there I'll do it. :tongue2:

How was the eye-candy? :popcorn:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News