News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Dear, Jay "Sky" Walker...  (Read 3749 times)

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
    • Jackson State University
Re: Dear, Jay "Sky" Walker...
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2015, 12:00:10 PM »
WileE, the committee isn't going to give any MEAC team a bid so you can kill that wet dream.  If you're playing for a Celebration Bowl bid, it would make sense to schedule a quality SWAC school during the regular season for revenue, exposure and bragging rights.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 12:05:21 PM by DRUMMA1 »

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2015, 12:05:29 PM »
WileE, the committee isn't going to give you any MEAC team a bid so you can kill that wet dream.  If you're playing for a Celebration Bowl bid, it would make sense to schedule a quality SWAC school during the regular season for revenue, exposure and bragging rights.
You still follow a scheduling philosophy with a goal in mind.  Without a goal, you might as well not even play. 

Revenue and Exposure is debatable.  The only thing we'll get is bragging rights. . .. BUT WAIT. . the MEAC already HAS bragging rights, right now.  

Tell me again, how this benefits us?   :lmao:  C'Mon hometown. . . .

Somebody get Liz City on the phone. . .

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2015, 12:12:26 PM »
WileE, the committee isn't going to give you any MEAC team a bid so you can kill that wet dream.  If you're playing for a Celebration Bowl bid, it would make sense to schedule a quality SWAC school during the regular season for revenue, exposure and bragging rights.
You still follow a scheduling philosophy with a goal in mind.  Without a goal, you might as well not even play. 

Revenue and Exposure is debatable.  The only thing we'll get is bragging rights. . .. BUT WAIT. . the MEAC already HAS bragging rights, right now. 

Tell me again, how this benefits us?   :lmao:  C'Mon hometown. . . .

Somebody get Liz City on the phone. . .

1.  The goal is relative. Identify what your goal is first.
2.  Exposure is important. Pride aside, no one outside of the Mid-Atlantic region knows who NCCU. SWAC schools have more notoriety.
3.  There is revenue to be made when you schedule a quality SWAC school.
4.  If playing the likes of ECSU is more beneficial and will better prepare your athletes, then by all means stick with the CIAA model and mindset.

Offline Ram-Fan

• Assistant GM
  • Message Board Gangsters For Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2015, 12:16:20 PM »
DRUMMA1,

I guess now you see that Jay Walker has been right all along.  SWAC football has been overrated for years in the minds of SWAC fans.  MEAC football is a much better product.  Remember A&T was not the best team in the MEAC this year.  There was a 3 way tie for the championship this year.  NCCU was probably the best team overall this year in the MEAC.  Our OC figured out how to run on that vaunted A&T defense.

Man, please. Alcorn, Prairie View and Grambling would beat the dog sh*t out-of yall. Anyone who saw Alcorn play knows they had a bad game just like the Aggies had a bad game vs. NCCU. Stop the madness. The SWAC, from top to bottom, had a better conference.

Would've, Could've, Should've but they didn't.....so at the end of the day, MEAC is the better conference

...because A&T beat an injured Alcorn team by 7 points?

:lmao:

Tarik Cohen is still running.

It must suck to win your conference yet still not get a post season invite.

Not at all.  But i can tell it sucks for you being a JSU fan and having to live in the past.

NCCU SOL Alum

If your school ever had the nation's longest losing streak, you can't be considered a football power.

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2015, 12:24:56 PM »
DRUMMA1,

I guess now you see that Jay Walker has been right all along.  SWAC football has been overrated for years in the minds of SWAC fans.  MEAC football is a much better product.  Remember A&T was not the best team in the MEAC this year.  There was a 3 way tie for the championship this year.  NCCU was probably the best team overall this year in the MEAC.  Our OC figured out how to run on that vaunted A&T defense.

Man, please. Alcorn, Prairie View and Grambling would beat the dog sh*t out-of yall. Anyone who saw Alcorn play knows they had a bad game just like the Aggies had a bad game vs. NCCU. Stop the madness. The SWAC, from top to bottom, had a better conference.

Would've, Could've, Should've but they didn't.....so at the end of the day, MEAC is the better conference

Not at all.  But i can tell it sucks for you being a JSU fan and having to live in the past.

Sounds like WSSU. Your glory days are over. :lol:

Offline Ram-Fan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2015, 12:27:41 PM »
DRUMMA1,

JSU has one SWAC Title in past 19 years.  Yall's glory days have been over.
NCCU SOL Alum

If your school ever had the nation's longest losing streak, you can't be considered a football power.

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2015, 12:29:14 PM »
1.  The goal is relative. Identify what your goal is first.
I already said, our immediate goal is to play in the Celebration Bowl or qualify for the FCS playoffs.  
2.  Exposure is important. Pride aside, no one outside of the Mid-Atlantic region knows who NCCU. SWAC schools have more notoriety.
Just like nobody outside of the deep south knows who Texas Southern is, or Alabama A&M, or Arkansas Pine-Bluff.  That's all relative.  We're a regional public school and serve our intended audience.  

3.  There is revenue to be made when you schedule a quality SWAC school.
We couldn't even sell half a stadium against a MEAC power, with first place on the line, and a 400 piece band.  I'm not seeing it, nor am I seeing us giving up a home game, or Grambling, Southern, or JState giving up a home game to come visit us.  I wouldn't even want us to give up a home game for that.  We can play FBS schools for revenue.

4.  If playing the likes of ECSU is more beneficial and will better prepare your athletes, then by all means stick with the CIAA model and mindset.  
Playing ECSU gets us a home game, against a cheap opponent who will bring fans.  As a season ticket holder, I say we play them all the time.  

Yall got Concordia, Miles, College of Faith and Bacone; can't we play our CIAA brethren?

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2015, 12:30:32 PM »
Schedule WSSU. You'll be better off.

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2015, 12:32:40 PM »
Schedule WSSU. You'll be better off.

I have no problem playing WSSU.  We ain't going to Winston, though.  And they cost more.  Our AD makes the best financial decision for NCCU. That is her job.

Offline aggiehood08

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2015, 12:40:10 PM »
DRUMMA1,

Shots fired!!!!!

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2015, 12:53:58 PM »
DRUMMA1,

Yall won a CIAA title this year and still weren't relevant enough to get in the playoffs. :lol:

Offline Grillmaster33

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2015, 01:28:05 PM »
SMDH
North Carolina A&T is The #1 HBCU in the nation, by US News & World Report.

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2015, 01:45:20 PM »
WileE, the committee isn't going to give any MEAC team a bid so you can kill that wet dream.  If you're playing for a Celebration Bowl bid, it would make sense to schedule a quality SWAC school during the regular season for revenue, exposure and bragging rights.

I was one for the MEAC keeping their automatic bid and sending a team to the bowl game.  However, I agree about the at-large bid.  It maybe possible for a MEAC team to get a bid, but I do not think it is probable.  I do not see a MEAC or SWAC school getting a bid in the foreseeable future, like over six years.

Though it would have been nice for PV to get a bid, I would have been surprised.  As I see it, the only MEAC and SWAC schools in to the postseason for the next six years will be the ones in the Celebration Bowl.

Offline Ram-Fan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2015, 01:51:47 PM »
DRUMMA1,

Yall won a CIAA title this year and still weren't relevant enough to get in the playoffs. :lol:

What 6-5 team made D2 playoffs this year?

You ar reaching now.
NCCU SOL Alum

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2015, 01:53:40 PM »
DRUMMA1,

What 6-5 team made D2 playoffs this year?

You ar reaching now.

All 6-5 conference championship? Stick to the CIAA banter. :lol:

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

Support Onnidan

Support the Fan Forum

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support.

The pandemic has financial consequences, especially for Black-owned businesses. Ad revenue is shrinking so we are asking you directly for your financial support. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan or process your donation through Square