News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: It's OFFICIAL: Kirby Smart is Coming Home  (Read 1465 times)

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: It's OFFICIAL: Kirby Smart is Coming Home
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 10:39:42 AM »
Strike, at this point, I am willing to eat whatever type of bird you give me. Don't kill my Vibe.  :lol:

TrueEagle, Richt didn't have any head coaching experience either. He was the OC for Bobby Bowden on their last championship. So, I am not worried about that. The other candidates I felt wasn't a fit. I definitely didn't want Dan Mullen. Lawd, knows I didn't.

that's all...

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2015, 11:10:38 AM »
I think you summed it up 79... :nod:

Teeny and Little

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2015, 11:21:16 AM »
As I always say, time will tell the story.....

Either UGA fans will be content, or they'll be pissed like FL and UT - we shall see.
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline Ramese98

• Assistant GM
  • THE NEW ASU
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2015, 01:30:13 PM »
This the real reason Richt is GONE and I for am glad. They bought in Kirby to heal the divide.

More than a third of Richt’s win are from non-Power 5 schools. Since 2010, he is 5-15 against ranked opponents. For the past three seasons, in an SEC East Division that has been historically weak, the Bulldogs couldn’t pull away with it. His last SEC title was a decade ago.

With all of the five-star talent, top 10 recruiting classes and a plethora of resources and facilities that rival anyone else’s in the country, Georgia football has come up short year after year.

This season, the Dawg’s marquee win was a beat down at home against a 3-9 South Carolina team. They got embarrassed at home against Alabama. They lost to Tennessee with a massive lead. They couldn’t score a touchdown against Florida.

Yes, Georgia is 9-3, but it has been an ugly 9-3 season. These players have not been coached up to their potential. And that doesn’t just go for this year. It applies to every season for the past decade. Richt has coached the second highest amount of active players in the NFL. With all that talent, he wasn’t able to get as far as other teams with equal or less talent have gotten. I don’t know about you, but it makes me scratch my head.
It is What It is.....It will BE what it WILL be....

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2015, 01:47:56 PM »
BINGO, Rameses! People that don't follow or understand my Bulldogs over the Mark Richt era, that's it in a nutshell. Yes, he won a lot of games, but when you start throwing out the REAL numbers in the last ten years, they are atrocious. There is no excuse to why we shouldn't have been in the SEC Championship EVERY year. I grew up watching my Georgia Bulldogs from the horrible and incompetent Ray GOOF era, to that nut job of Jim Donnan, to Richt. Richt was the better of them by far, but you can't have that much talent year-in and year-out, the resources given to you to lose the games that matter. Then you lose to players that you kicked off the team or didn't recruit but had a chance to.

Like I stated before, as of RIGHT NOW, I am ECSTATIC that he's gone and whatever school he goes to, have it.

that's all...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 01:50:22 PM by thatd@mnYOGI »

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2015, 02:34:18 PM »
We will see.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2015, 05:29:12 PM »
 :no:.............so Coach Richt averages 10 wins a year over the course of his 15 years run in Athens.  But, you know what, its ALL smoke and mirrors.  And that's because when you break down the numbers, you discover, much to the chagrin of many Richt detractors, that dude is in fact a coaching BUM.  :(  At least that's the point of view coming from some "quarters" on this board.

Wow, how delightful and informative it is to peruse this board.  You learn something new every day............................................................................ ::)

Offline VUU fan

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2015, 01:05:39 PM »
I heard from a good source today that Shane Beamer will be named the OC.

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2015, 01:22:42 PM »
And Pruitt returns to Bama from UGA.

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2015, 01:50:41 PM »
This the real reason Richt is GONE and I for am glad. They bought in Kirby to heal the divide.

More than a third of Richt’s win are from non-Power 5 schools. Since 2010, he is 5-15 against ranked opponents. For the past three seasons, in an SEC East Division that has been historically weak, the Bulldogs couldn’t pull away with it. His last SEC title was a decade ago.

With all of the five-star talent, top 10 recruiting classes and a plethora of resources and facilities that rival anyone else’s in the country, Georgia football has come up short year after year.

This season, the Dawg’s marquee win was a beat down at home against a 3-9 South Carolina team. They got embarrassed at home against Alabama. They lost to Tennessee with a massive lead. They couldn’t score a touchdown against Florida.

Yes, Georgia is 9-3, but it has been an ugly 9-3 season. These players have not been coached up to their potential. And that doesn’t just go for this year. It applies to every season for the past decade. Richt has coached the second highest amount of active players in the NFL. With all that talent, he wasn’t able to get as far as other teams with equal or less talent have gotten. I don’t know about you, but it makes me scratch my head.

They lost to Tennessee with a massive lead.
Let us be honest, Mr. Davis dropped a TD that would have sealed it for UGA.  Now was that coaching, or the player failed to execute. 

I am  :tongue2: of this class rankings.  Rankings never played a down of football.  Plus there are so kids out there they may not had the exposure to be ranked.  If ranking was the end all, then Brady and A. Brown would never have been all pros because both are 6th round picks.     
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2015, 01:51:37 PM »
I never heard wining 10 games a year as being ugly. 
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2015, 01:57:13 PM »

To be expected. I was hoping for Western Kentucky's OC not Shane Beamer. Keep him in Blacksburg or wherever. I was never thrilled by VaTech's offense.

that's all...    :tiptoe:

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2015, 02:07:17 PM »

That was his end game from the rip. He's good at what he does though.   Fla State's defense was stellar under him reminiscent of the Mickey Andrews days.   If he can stay away from the co-eds he will be good - word on the street is that is what made his decision to go to Athens that much easier.  

Basically Bama still comes out on top because they didn't really lose anything.  Pruitt is a nice guy and damn good DC.

High school coach to DC at BAMA in less than 4 years.  Impressive :nod:

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2015, 02:14:56 PM »
Well, he had connections from Hoover that helped. They were outstanding teams under his direction as position and coordinator.

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2015, 02:23:27 PM »
Well, he had connections from Hoover that helped. They were outstanding teams under his direction as position and coordinator.

True.  Just needed enough to say he had experience on the collegiate level - FSU with a Natl a championship and UGA on your resume isn't bad at all.  :nod:

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News