News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Congrats Tuskegee Tigers  (Read 1986 times)

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Congrats Tuskegee Tigers
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2015, 10:50:21 PM »
Good thing TU didn't play Bama ST for Turkey day or Bama St would have been carved like a Turkey again......   Gobble, gobble :thefan:
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2015, 11:10:07 PM »
Yes! Yes! Yes!

Outstanding job TU! Now go win it all.  :nod: :nod: :nod:

Online Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2015, 11:15:19 PM »
Slope, when you are winning, everybody is happy with Coach Slater. I had the opportunity to observe him up in close this twice in games.

I dont recall anyone except Tj/mford having an issue with Coach Slater. Perhaps you can name those TU posters  who have stated their displeasure with him. ???

Teeny and Little

Offline ctrabs0114

• Prophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2015, 11:36:37 PM »
A couple of posters on the D2 boards were saying that Coach Slater's familiarity with North Alabama (he was part of TUNA's three national title teams, IINM) and Bobby Wallace's system was a big factor in 'Skegee's win.

I can't profess to knowing how much similar West Georgia head coach Will Hall is to Wallace (Hall was Wallace's offensive coordinator at West Alabama before Wallace returned to TUNA and Hall was promoted to head coach after the 2010 season).

Whatever the circumstances, I wouldn't be shocked if 'Skegee pulls off another upset in Carrollton this coming Saturday. That might be wishful thinking, but considering that most D2 fans had already penciled in TUNA/UWG in the Super Region 2 title game, I wouldn't put it past Coach Slater bring a regional title back to the SIAC.

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2015, 01:12:32 AM »
A couple of posters on the D2 boards were saying that Coach Slater's familiarity with North Alabama (he was part of TUNA's three national title teams, IINM) and Bobby Wallace's system was a big factor in 'Skegee's win.

I can't profess to knowing how much similar West Georgia head coach Will Hall is to Wallace (Hall was Wallace's offensive coordinator at West Alabama before Wallace returned to TUNA and Hall was promoted to head coach after the 2010 season).

Whatever the circumstances, I wouldn't be shocked if 'Skegee pulls off another upset in Carrollton this coming Saturday. That might be wishful thinking, but considering that most D2 fans had already penciled in TUNA/UWG in the Super Region 2 title game, I wouldn't put it past Coach Slater bring a regional title back to the SIAC.
:lol:
UNA just got :dedhorse:! I do not give a dayum how much he knows, the tigers were on that a-- all day.  The PA kept saying how good TU O-line was, so you can take that for what it is worth.  The men in the both were impressed with how TU O-line brought it on those running plays. 
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26

Offline TUTiger

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://None
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2015, 07:24:43 AM »
Thank you Golden Tigers for the win! :). Proud! Proud! Proud! :)
"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else."   Booker T. Washington

Online klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2015, 08:46:38 AM »
July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

Offline ToUgh1881

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2015, 10:00:17 AM »
It isn't that  much familiarity in the world. If Bobby Wallace hasn't changed much in his playbook, SHAME on him. UNA was out played on yesterday and the score is reflective. The Golden Tigers are on a mission and it is incomplete. UWG is on the clock.

The Golden Tigers have played well on the road this year. I look for the same result as this week.   ;D

Offline tiger4life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2015, 10:31:16 AM »
CATS4EVER,  I was listening to UNA announcers on radio and you are correct. They were giving a lot of credit to Skegee O LINE and defense for stopping UNA on some big plays. It was a good game and they often stated TU was the better team today.  Great Job SKEGEEE  get the soreness out and get the plan ready for next Saturday. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:    With you Gk there were not a group of SLATER haters (anyone can disagree with a call)...and I didn't see TJ  at the game :tiptoe:...But I did talk to MB1 and he couldn't believe we were winning in Florence :clap: :clap: :clap:
ONCE A TIGER ALWAYS A TIGER  77‘

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2015, 11:58:34 AM »
Does anyone know if there's a link to video highlights of the game anywhere?
I am now on Facebook! Come check me out...
 http://www.facebook.com/people/Ivan-Guillory/1249473291

SIAC All Sports Champions - 1990, ‘91, ‘92, ‘00, ‘01, ‘02, ‘06, ‘08

Offline tskge_grad

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • www.twitter.com/clweeksatl
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2015, 12:06:35 PM »
No highlights but a relay of the game. http://portal.stretchinternet.com/una/portal.htm?eventId=254241&streamType=video

Does anyone know if there's a link to video highlights of the game anywhere?

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2015, 12:07:01 PM »
The Sheridan vote for BCF Champion will be very interesting. I would think that if TU wins this next game they would clinch the #1 spot?

Offline CEME2

• Assistant GM
  • Smoke'em, if you got one. Don't ask me for none.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2015, 01:15:45 PM »
All I can say is that TU will be carrying the banner for all HBCU in the playoffs.

Offline tusmse

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
    • http://inside boeing
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2015, 01:28:10 PM »

What was the attendance? 
 I LOVE MICHELLE OBAMA!!

Offline ckbcksTU75

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tuskegee.edu
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2015, 02:31:30 PM »
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 03:48:57 PM by ckbcksTU75 »
TU..."We will love thee forever......"

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News