News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Les is STAYING! The AD just Announced on the SEC Network  (Read 2232 times)

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Les Will Coach His Last Game on Saturday. IT'S DONE!
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2015, 06:03:57 PM »
I don't know Ivan. Cam Cameron did good with Mettenberger.

that's all... 

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2015, 06:07:35 PM »
I don't know Ivan.  Cam Cameron did good with Mettenberger.

that's all... 
:o........forgive me, but are you referring to the SAME Zach Mettenberger who is Mariotta's backup on the Titans roster?

Wow!!!  :no:

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2015, 07:02:26 PM »

that's all... 

I agree. But he's done NOTHING with Anthony Jennings or Brandon Harris (who was the kid HE wanted). Both of those kids were highly rated in HS. The QB coaching needs great improvement.
I am now on Facebook! Come check me out...
 http://www.facebook.com/people/Ivan-Guillory/1249473291

SIAC All Sports Champions - 1990, ‘91, ‘92, ‘00, ‘01, ‘02, ‘06, ‘08

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2015, 07:05:46 PM »
Yes, Strike, one in the same.  :lol:

Ivan, it maybe the coaching then, if those are the QBs he recruited. Mettenberger was better in college. The LSU/Georgia game was a shootout of epic proportions. It was a thing of beauty in Athens that evening.

that's all...

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2015, 07:54:53 PM »

that's all... 

I agree. But he's done NOTHING with Anthony Jennings or Brandon Harris (who was the kid HE wanted). Both of those kids were highly rated in HS. The QB coaching needs great improvement.
:lol:
Developing a QB is not easy.  Just because a person did well in high school does not mean they will be an all-star at the next level.  The think about Zack is he is a student of the game which is what a good QB has to be. 
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2015, 11:23:08 PM »
Man please. ::)

When you see the QB problems being the same for over five seasons, it's NOT THE KIDS. You can't tell me that EVERY ONE of those highly rated QBs were overrated. And.............we're not asking them to be heisman caliber.......we're just asking for them to be SERVICEABLE. The QB play for LSU falls squarely on the coaches. The quarterback coaching needs improvement. I don't expect Cameron to be back honestly. This is the last year of his contract. If Les re-signs him, there will be much waling and knashing of teeth in BR. :lol:

With that being said, if you caught the end of the game tonight this was a beautiful sight. :nod:

http://collegespun.com/sec/lsu/video-lsu-players-carry-les-miles-off-the-field-after-tigers-beat-texas-am

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Les is STAYING! The AD just Announced on the SEC Network
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2015, 11:33:14 PM »
The AD knew he wasn't getting Jimbo. Yes, I watched the game at the end Ivan. It was beautiful sight. Hell, we need to get rid of Mark Richt.

that's all...   :tiptoe:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 11:34:53 PM by thatd@mnYOGI »

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2015, 11:52:15 PM »
This idiot should've done this a long time ago................................. ::)

LSU AD Backs Les Miles as Head Coach
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2590618-les-miles-latest-news-rumors-speculation-on-coachs-future-with-lsu

Offline Olde Hornet

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2015, 06:37:27 AM »
I agree
Olde Bama State Spirit!
Alabama State University

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2015, 07:06:45 AM »
It is apparent LSU used FAMU's PR department to handle the Les Miles fiasco. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2015, 09:16:26 AM »
You're right Ivan. Paul Finebaum was just on ESPN w/Hannah Storm and he stated that LSU needs to fire its AD. He stated he has brought an embarrassment to the university by keeping quiet and not addressing these issues sooner. He also stated that he shouldn't be listening to boosters, but what is in the best interest of LSU football. He also stated that since Jimbo didn't budge on the head coaching position, he had no choice but to keep Les without making a further embarrassment. Paul is happy that Les is back.

Joe Schad stated that there will be changes of the offense and Les is going to have to modernize it. It was part of the deal of keeping him since that's what most LSU alums wanted.

Good for Les!

that's all...

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
Re: 'Good Possibility' that LSU Buys out Les
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2015, 11:54:23 AM »
The AD is still the face of the athletic department and the top administrator. He's paid to be able to handle situations like this regardless of the big money boosters. If the boosters already have Les out the door, then the AD should've given him a vote of confidence (even if it wasn't true), or announced that Saturday would be his final game. The way he's handling this right now is terrible. The brand is taking a beating nationally, AND the coach doesn't deserve to have to be left out there dangling in the wind being asked about his job security at every interview. Oh yes...................................................the AD most certainly has certainly dropped the ball here.

Meanwhile  In the real world Barack Obama is still President.  :lol:

Exactly Yogi.

That's why, those of us who live in reality realize that the boosters don't have TOTAL control of an athletic department...................................unlike the individual in the above quote. ;)

In the end, the national media, the public backlash, the $15 million buyout,  and the governor's support caused the president (F. King Alexander) to step in an put and end to this. He essentially did the AD's job here by demanding that they end this madness, and that the AD make the announcement immediately after the game that Les Miles was our coach from here forward. The boosters in the TAF don't have enough power to overcome all of that, and it is the PRESIDENT'S job to make tough decisions to protect the reputation and perception of the university. He did that last night, once everything came to a head................................................And don't be surprised if you hear that Alleva is on his way out some time in the near future. There's a TON of folks who've been unhappy with him for a few years. This might be enough for them to move HIM out.

Behind the scenes: How, when, where decision to retain LSU coach Les Miles was made Saturday night
http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/14132849-125/after-a-rousing-saturday-night

and I don't always agree with Paul Finebaum, but he hits the nail on the head here!

LSU AD Should be Fired

« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 12:11:01 PM by Ivan »

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2015, 09:04:05 PM »
Which one of yall's boy is this?  :lol:

Les Miles Gets Another Year - Fan Reaction

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News