News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: THE FOUNTAIN CITY CLASSIC Albany State U vs Fort Valley State U  (Read 1629 times)

Offline RamMan4Life

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: THE FOUNTAIN CITY CLASSIC Albany State U vs Fort Valley State U
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2015, 09:02:14 AM »
I remember when ASU colors were navy blue and old gold...
A past to cherish....a future to fulfill.

Class of '92

Home of the1960 Albany State College Rams, who finished the season UNDEFEATED and a DEFENSE UNSCORED UPON!!

KAPPA ALPHA PSI FRATERNITY,INC.
 "Detrimental" Delta Xi Chapter

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2015, 09:07:36 AM »
VG, it's the AD that continues to pass along his 2 sheets of paper about the disparity of athletics and have alums brainwashed that he's doing more with less, but the reality is it's him. Then you have a national alumni president that stands up there in front of alums and make blanket statements of support to this guy because of it, is DISGUSTING! The alums knows the AD and the coach is a joke, but we have stupid people like that that chooses to accept what he is selling.

that's all...    >:(

Offline blueman07

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2015, 12:26:33 PM »
Has attendance been dropping at the FCC game recently? I've noticed some empty spots in the pictures.

Offline Ramese98

• Assistant GM
  • THE NEW ASU
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2015, 12:27:35 PM »
I remember when ASU colors were navy blue and old gold...

WOW, when was this. I never knew that.
It is What It is.....It will BE what it WILL be....

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2015, 12:56:36 PM »
Has attendance been dropping at the FCC game recently? I've noticed some empty spots in the pictures.

Yes.   At one point the stands wer filled end zone to end zone and the hills were full as well.  Now the tail end zones by the locker rooms aren't filled to capacity.   Most people stay outside and tailgate.  I started to do it   Part of me wishes I had. 

There are still a lot of people there, but not like it used to be.   For FV at least - if we put a product on the field worth looking at you would see increased attendance.   Nobody wants to see Pittmams's product - and it's not the boys fault either.
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline RamMan4Life

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2015, 01:15:10 PM »
I seem to remember that the colors changed shortly after we achieved University status. Shortly afterwards, we started using silver in the color scheme and changed the school logo from the Ram head to the one we currently have.
A past to cherish....a future to fulfill.

Class of '92

Home of the1960 Albany State College Rams, who finished the season UNDEFEATED and a DEFENSE UNSCORED UPON!!

KAPPA ALPHA PSI FRATERNITY,INC.
 "Detrimental" Delta Xi Chapter

Offline Ramese98

• Assistant GM
  • THE NEW ASU
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2015, 03:28:21 PM »

Yes.   At one point the stands wer filled end zone to end zone and the hills were full as well.  Now the tail end zones by the locker rooms aren't filled to capacity.   Most people stay outside and tailgate.  I started to do it   Part of me wishes I had. 

There are still a lot of people there, but not like it used to be.   For FV at least - if we put a product on the field worth looking at you would see increased attendance.   Nobody wants to see Pittmams's product - and it's not the boys fault either.

I think a part of it has that the Classic has really evolved into a CLASSIC, meaning that people are coming to the EVENT and not just the game like it used to be and that is a good thing. The crowds at the game are still good, they just start peeling off after halftime and folks get to tailgating. I can guarantee you that if it is 20K plus in the stadium it is 20K plus tailgating.
It is What It is.....It will BE what it WILL be....

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2015, 04:02:18 PM »
Yeah. We start tailgating around 7:30 - 8  AM and leave around 6 - 6:30 PM

It is definitely an experience.   My family looks forward to it every single year
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News