News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Is FVSU Improving or have we not played any good teams since Delta State?  (Read 573 times)

Offline #1wildcatfan

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
As I sit and ponder about FVSU's football thus far, one can only ponder is the FVSU squad improving or have they just not played another quality team yet? Does the comeback against Lane and the win against Clark-Atlanta show that the wildcats are improving? I for one, am hoping that they are improving; especially with the setbacks they are facing, and given the facts of the coaches and athletes on scholarships. It is my belief and desire that the athletic director, Mr. Murphy must leave. He has not raised a penny since  his arrival, or maybe I should say that, nothing has  improved since he has taken over as AD. With that being said, Coach Pittman is doing the best job he can do with the resources that are being provided to and for him, which is very little. I know that it is still early in the season, but it seems  that they are improving. I would like to hear the thoughts of others on this matter.

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Is FVSU Improving or have we not played any good teams since Delta State?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 09:24:02 PM »
Is this a trick question? Both NEEDS to go. This team is and will never improve under this coach even given the adequate funding. He cannot coach.

that's all...  ???

Offline LoveFVSU

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 10:37:53 PM »
No need to get excited over these 2 wins.  Pittman needs to go and so does the AD.  They are both equally incompetent.  When incompetence is present, we too quickly want to blame the results on lack of money.  Money is necessary, but good teaching should exist in the poorest of situations. But, with the president situation as it is and with other areas of the University also in need of attention, I think we are stuck with these two individuals for a little longer.  So sad.

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 11:11:03 PM »
The money argument would have merit, but one of the reasons he DOESN'T have money is because people are voting with their pocketbooks.   It's easy to blame it on money, but when he got here he had more resources than anyone else at FV had ever had and what did he do with them?  Not a damn thing.  Nothing.  No fundamentals, no schemes, and a playbook the size of a "See Spot Run" book.

Get rid of him (the AD can follow him if he wants to), and I bet there will be a nice package waiting on the next one.  This man makes $99K in Fort Valley GA - somebody is willing to apply. 

But to answer your question - I wouldn't get too excited.  I have only been to one game this year (at the request of my niece - otherwise I would have stayed home), but from what I saw they weren't world beaters by any stretch of the imagination. 

I love my Wildcats and I appreciate those gentlemen for going out on that field every weekend to represent my university, but I don't love their leader - he's like herpes - we can't seem to get rid of him even though the overwhelming majority want him gone.
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 11:21:01 PM »
I think given the situation, they are playing as well as it can be expected. I see the comeback win over Lane as a good game.  Why? Because Lane will be better than people expect.  To come back and win says a lot,

I must admit that I was slightly unhappy with the first half of the CAU game.  It was a good game in that the players can see where they need to improve to become a better team.  They got a chance to work on something and I think we found a tough runner in GT.  I was impressed with his running style late in the game.

Let me put my coaching cap on, and tell you what I would like to see.  1) Otis learning to play championship football.  Otis needs to understand that not every ball need to be a long pass for a TD.  When you are up in a game, you need to convert first downs.  I cannot forget the INT in the end zone. He had Travis wide open in open space. and the ball could have gone to Travis.

2) I would like to see a special package with Malcolm at QB.  I would to see him run the Ohio State Speed option package.  The option can be a dangerous weapon when it is ran properly.

3) I think we need to us the I-formation more in the red zone.  Like I said GT got my attention running the ball tough.  I think we could have use some of that in the first half.

4) I would like to see the defense get more pressure.
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26

Offline fvsuvallycat

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 11:57:23 AM »
I think given the situation, they are playing as well as it can be expected. I see the comeback win over Lane as a good game.  Why? Because Lane will be better than people expect.  To come back and win says a lot,

I must admit that I was slightly unhappy with the first half of the CAU game.  It was a good game in that the players can see where they need to improve to become a better team.  They got a chance to work on something and I think we found a tough runner in GT.  I was impressed with his running style late in the game.

Let me put my coaching cap on, and tell you what I would like to see.  1) Otis learning to play championship football.  Otis needs to understand that not every ball need to be a long pass for a TD.  When you are up in a game, you need to convert first downs.  I cannot forget the INT in the end zone. He had Travis wide open in open space. and the ball could have gone to Travis.

2) I would like to see a special package with Malcolm at QB.  I would to see him run the Ohio State Speed option package.  The option can be a dangerous weapon when it is ran properly.

3) I think we need to us the I-formation more in the red zone.  Like I said GT got my attention running the ball tough.  I think we could have use some of that in the first half.

4) I would like to see the defense get more pressure.

I feel the same way!!! Otis needs to be coached up more so that he will go from being a "Good" player to a " Great" player...He has the potential!!!!

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News