News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: GAME NOTES: NCCU Football Hosts St. Augustine's (Sept. 5, 6 p.m.)  (Read 4553 times)

Offline eagleboy31

• Prophyte
    • View Profile
Re: GAME NOTES: NCCU Football Hosts St. Augustine's (Sept. 5, 6 p.m.)
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2015, 01:36:57 PM »
Nation don't go that far now.  Most of the key contributors are Coach Fraziers players.  You have to see how well he can recruit and develop his own players.

Online Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2015, 02:08:42 PM »
Southern 39-28  and it was not that close.

Hillside is in for a major butt whipping on Friday night when they come to Greensboro to play Dudley High.

Major butt whipping?  Doubtful .......

The scores from Dudley's first 3 games are:

Dudley 42  - WS Carver 7
Dudley 48  - Ragsdale 7
Dudley 56  - Davie County 14

???
keep dreaming.

I will text you Friday night after the drubbing.   There are some NCCU fans coming to Greensboro on Friday because they are Hillside grads.  I told them on Saturday what to expect.

I really don't have a dog in this fight, but your blow outs are they worthy opponents OR are you just whipping scrubs?  I don't think Hillside is a scrub.

Offline The Sloping Hills and Verdent Green

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2015, 02:13:38 PM »
Nation don't go that far now.  Most of the key contributors are Coach Fraziers players.  You have to see how well he can recruit and develop his own players.

Coach Mack has proven he can recruit.  He has been able to come to the state of North Carolina and recruit some good players.  That is something that Coach Frazier could not do.  Plus Coach Mack has developed the players that Frazier recruited.  Frazier and Foster never developed our players to this level.

LOOK OUT MEAC WE ARE BACK AND READY

Offline EAGLEMANIA2K

• Assistant GM
  • EAGLEMANIA SOARING IN THE MEAC BABY! EAGLE PRIDE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2015, 02:33:04 PM »
Nation, I do believe we got ourselves a coach and a football team.  We did what was to be expected and much, much more.  How we fare against Duke might give us a gage as to how far we have come as a DI football program.  I think we will do far better than we did when we last played them.  So far, Mack has proven a better coach than our last two coaches; I just wonder how long we will be able to keep him in Durham. 

Hopefully, we can and will!!!! I think its time that our doors of progress within athletics stop revolving, and be able to retain
great coaches and continue winning and building the brand.
Wearing the colors of Maroon & Gray its, "THE DIRTY BIRDS" of N.C.C.U. EAGLE PRIDE AMPLIFIDE!!
2016-MEAC CHAMPS, Celebration Bowl Appearance, 2015, 2014  MEAC Football Co-CHAMPS, 2015-NIT, 2014 MEAC B-ball champs, NCAA appearance, BRINGING FINESSE, POWER AND EXCITEMENT TO THE M.E.A.C.!!!

Offline POINT GUARD

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2015, 03:32:51 PM »
Mack and his staff seem adept at recruiting, marketing, developing and advancing the football program to the next level.  We are in a new era in Durham, as far as our athletic programs are concerned.   Hats off to the AD; she too is bound for a promotion.  I been saying awhile; she would make an excellent Commissioner. 

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2015, 07:17:36 PM »
Nation, I do believe we got ourselves a coach and a football team.  We did what was to be expected and much, much more.  How we fare against Duke might give us a gage as to how far we have come as a DI football program.  I think we will do far better than we did when we last played them.  So far, Mack has proven a better coach than our last two coaches; I just wonder how long we will be able to keep him in Durham.  

Hopefully, we can and will!!!! I think its time that our doors of progress within athletics stop revolving, and be able to retain

What are you talking about? You have managed to keep one of the best coaches you have ever had in coach Moton. Besides, winning one football game against a struging program does not make you a great coach. We will see what he does when the other side has the same advantages as he did over St. Aug. If he keeps Duke under 35 points and ya'll scores more that 14, then I would say that he may be a good coach. Let's revisit this conversation next Sunday.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 07:19:51 PM by Ram55 »

Offline EAGLEMANIA2K

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2015, 12:15:16 AM »
Ram55 I know exactly what I am talking about!! I know exactly what Coach Moten has done, is doing, and will continue to do!!! The topic is on the football coach and the team. Yes, he won the first game of this season, but he also in his first season lead the football team to MEAC Co champions.  Now, I ask you please stop approaching me as if I do not know what I am talking about. Thank  you!!!!  I guess you are the great and powerful OZ on this board!!! If you cant follow my statements, great just keep it moving!!!  Thank you
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 12:26:12 AM by EAGLEMANIA2K »
Wearing the colors of Maroon & Gray its, "THE DIRTY BIRDS" of N.C.C.U. EAGLE PRIDE AMPLIFIDE!!
2016-MEAC CHAMPS, Celebration Bowl Appearance, 2015, 2014  MEAC Football Co-CHAMPS, 2015-NIT, 2014 MEAC B-ball champs, NCAA appearance, BRINGING FINESSE, POWER AND EXCITEMENT TO THE M.E.A.C.!!!

Online Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2015, 09:07:35 AM »
Nation, I do believe we got ourselves a coach and a football team.  We did what was to be expected and much, much more.  How we fare against Duke might give us a gage as to how far we have come as a DI football program.  I think we will do far better than we did when we last played them.  So far, Mack has proven a better coach than our last two coaches; I just wonder how long we will be able to keep him in Durham. 

What are you talking about? You have managed to keep one of the best coaches you have ever had in coach Moton. Besides, winning one football game against a struging program does not make you a great coach. We will see what he does when the other side has the same advantages as he did over St. Aug. If he keeps Duke under 35 points and ya'll scores more that 14, then I would say that he may be a good coach. Let's revisit this conversation next Sunday.

???
Mack beat a&t, something I don't recall Frazier doing....

Offline Pirate12

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2015, 12:01:21 PM »

It looks like both NCCU and A&T tried to run up the score on hapless opponents. Both schools should have had the 3 string in after the 1st quarter at all positions. People will be crying the blues if Duke and UNC keep their starters in and give NCCU and A&T a Django type beat down.  :tiptoe: Also, it doesn't really mean anything if SWAC and MEAC schools can only beat teams in their respective conferences--how about teams in the greater world beyond what ShayKwon (thats Shaykwon Simpson starting quarterback) and RayQKuan (RayQkuan Brown starting fullback) are bringing to the table. These are the type of wins against quality programs that are coming few and far in between! Carry on. :read:

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2015, 12:48:56 PM »

It looks like both NCCU and A&T tried to run up the score on hapless opponents. Both schools should have had the 3 string in after the 1st quarter at all positions. People will be crying the blues if Duke and UNC keep their starters in and give NCCU and A&T a Django type beat down.  :tiptoe: Also, it doesn't really mean anything if SWAC and MEAC schools can only beat teams in their respective conferences--how about teams in the greater world beyond what ShayKwon (thats Shaykwon Simpson starting quarterback) and RayQKuan (RayQkuan Brown starting fullback) are bringing to the table. These are the type of wins against quality programs that are coming few and far in between! Carry on. :read:

Maybe your concerned that you didn't beat Kentucky State by more

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2015, 01:11:14 PM »

It looks like both NCCU and A&T tried to run up the score on hapless opponents. Both schools should have had the 3 string in after the 1st quarter at all positions.

:shrug: why didn't ya'll have your 3rd string in the game after the 1st quarter against "d2" kentucky state?  perhaps because hampton only led ksu by 7 points after the first quarter and had to hold on for dear life just to beat them.  i mean, ksu was only 3-7 last year and you did play them "in hampton".  

looks to me that you should be more concerned about your own team rather than with anybody else's...

Offline The Sloping Hills and Verdent Green

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2015, 01:13:55 PM »
[q.   te author=Pirate12 link=topic=103692.msg833982#msg833982 date=1441728081]

It looks like both NCCU and A&T tried to run up the score on hapless opponents. Both schools should have had the 3 string in after the 1st quarter at all positions. People will be crying the blues if Duke and UNC keep their starters in and give NCCU and A&T a Django type beat down.  :tiptoe: Also, it doesn't really mean anything if SWAC and MEAC schools can only beat teams in their respective conferences--how about teams in the greater world beyond what ShayKwon (thats Shaykwon Simpson starting quarterback) and RayQKuan (RayQkuan Brown starting fullback) are bringing to the table. These are the type of wins against quality programs that are coming few and far in between! Carry on. :read:

Maybe your concerned that you didn't beat Kentucky State by more

I agree with that.   KSU is not that good and the Pirates  struggled to beat them  
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 02:27:44 PM by The Sloping Hills and Verdent Green »

LOOK OUT MEAC WE ARE BACK AND READY

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2015, 01:22:17 PM »

Pirate 12  - Don't worry, all this talk from these two will stop come Saturday afternoon, when they are on the run-up end of the score. I can see it if their third team was doing all the scoring, but it was primarily their first and second teams. I wish they were not afraid to come to Winston so we can get our hands on them.  :nod:

Offline EAGLEMANIA2K

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2015, 02:04:00 PM »
That may be true of a lost to ACC schools, however that "impressive win" oops lost over UNCP just got you bothered
because G'boto and Durham walked away with wins! :lmao: As far as the trip to W-S, that conversation has been ran into the
ground. I think the Aggies stated many times if you wanted to play them you have to go to Aggie stadium, and I am sure it the same for Central. I don't see where Norfolk State travels to Virginia State, or Morgan traveling to Bowie, why would there be an exception for the NC schools to travel to Winston?

Offline Pirate12

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2015, 09:56:05 AM »

Not a problem to me. Here is the greater issue. I believe the ACC will follow suit as will the rest of the big boys. So, what will you do HBCU man when you realize they no longer want your dancing, jigging and clowning marching band, or your shake rattle and roll cheerleaders trolling the sidelines, or just another "Negro" team to beat up on.

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2015/8/3/9082473/big-ten-schools-schedule-fcs-teams-syracuse-acc

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13613992/west-virginia-coach-dana-holgorsen-says-fbs-schools-play-fcs-programs

:tiptoe: :tiptoe:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News