News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Can FVSU bounce back?  (Read 617 times)

Offline #1wildcatfan

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
Can FVSU bounce back?
« on: August 04, 2015, 04:00:38 PM »
It seems,  that years ago, my alma mater rose to the occasion under Dr. Larry E. Rivers. Though some had conflict with the sitting president, as with many people who are in office, he had FVSU's interest at heart. Since Dr. River's departure, The college has declinged in enrollment, faculty and staff, and community support it seems. The former president, Dr. Griffith, did little, if anything during his short tenure at FVSU. Satisfying his personal needs seemed to be his top priority while in office; from his affairs outside of his marriage to financial benefits outside of his regular salary. Dr. Griffith made sure that he didn't lack for anything, while the college needed to be tended to. However, we cannot dwell on the past, we must, in order to survive find a way out of this dilemma. One can only ponder can FVSU bounce back from this unwanted level of despair that we are in? Many problems are facing my alma mater, from programs being dismantled to coaches not being paid; one can only imagine what around the corner. It has been time, but now is more than ever, that our alumni give back and make a genuine commitment to put FVSU as one of their top prority's so that we can claw our way out of this pit. For if we do not, the fate FVSU will become a distant memory of what was and what did exist. Therefore, I'm challenging every current donating alumni, supporter, partner, etc. to reach out to those non-donating people, especially the alumni, and make a pledge to give between $10-$20 a month, which averages between $120-$240 a year. Just think, how much we could do for ourselves.

That is all......

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Can FVSU bounce back?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 08:59:02 AM »
You are a sad, little person.

that's all...    :angel:

Offline #1wildcatfan

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 09:19:11 AM »
Let me be clear yogi the bear, I didn't say that Dr. Rivers was such a great leader. However, it was under his leadership that the college was growing and expanding. In comparison to the past leadership of the recent presidents, he was out and about within the state of Georgia and beyond seeking money. What did Griffith do? What did Lomotey do? However, those questions are mute, null and void. The question now is, how do we get out this area of despair? Therefore, how am I a sad little person, because I choose to look and be hopeful for a brighter future? All I have asked for is for donating alumni, supporters, and sponsors reach out to those that aren't giving back or would like to give. So, if that make me a sad little person, I will be that. 

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 11:43:54 AM »
You are a sad little person because you know not the facts only by what a few people have told you that were against the previous leadership. You don't know any of these presidents personally. I have and my discernment of all three are different. So, I am going to leave it at that.

that's all...   ???

Offline #1wildcatfan

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 12:40:07 PM »
  Not trying to be rude, but I could care less about the past leadership. Reason being, they are no longer there. Therefore, my main concerns are about the current leadership and how we can bounce back. At times, I think that is where we lose our focus. We cannot worry about the past likes and dislikes of former presidents that were in leadership. Lets focus on rebuilding and strengthenig our alma mater. That was my major reason for making the post. Focus on the future and how we can make it better; because if not, we will only be talking about what use to exist. 

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 03:44:26 PM »
  Not trying to be rude, but I could care less about the past leadership. Reason being, they are no longer there.  

Actually, you do care about the past because you so eloquently started off this thread with this history lesson/critique of the previous leadership by praising one and dismantling the other two. But, I digress, sad, little person.

that's all...  ???

Offline #1wildcatfan

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 02:53:32 PM »
You are right Yogi, I did start off the thread by referring to the past presidents; however, that wasn't the context of the thread. Therefore, I will be clear in stating the direct message, because I see you are missing the point.The context of this thread is asking for current donors to have others that aren't donors to get involve and give to the best of their ability. Your focus seems to be on the smaller aspect of the thread. I'm sorry to have mislead you with rumors that may not be factual. I hope you can see the true meaning of this thread and not the myths or misconceptions. My apologies.

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 06:48:58 PM »
You started this thread with a rant about previous presidential leadership and then go into this United Negro College Fund spill and then you came right back and stated that you didn't care about the leadership. So, what point am I missing here? If you would have stated that we need to donate and fundraise to bring our university back to a level of excellence and explained how we go about doing that, THEN you would have been on point. Otherwise, you are contradicting yourself. But, I can dissect any conversation. No worries.

that's all...

Offline #1wildcatfan

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 08:36:19 AM »
Take what you want from it Yogi. However, I think most will understand the meat of the subject.

But for you YOGI, IF YOU KNOW ANY CURRENT DONORS, SPONSORS OR SUPPORTERS, AND PAYING ALUMNI; PLEASE REACH OUT TO THEM AND ENCOURAGE THEM TO ASK NON-PAYING ALUMNI, OR NON-DONATING SUPPORTERS OR SPONSORS, TO GIVE TO OUR INSTITUTION. WHETHER A BUSINESS OR PERSONAL, ASK FOR DONATIONS FOR OUR INSTITUTION.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News